What is the best tasting beer?

Guinness used to be very good - but now not so much - they have cheaped out on the ingredients since Diageo IMO - many companies have done this in the last 10 or so years. Still it is often my go to if there are a lot of folks in the pub drinking it. If they have Guinness on draft and you don't see many people drinking it avoid it

I used to like the Sam Oktoberfest but the last few years I did not like the recipe changes so I'm done with it

I tend to drink German and Czech beers for the most part at home - I currently have a selection of 10 or 12 different ones at home. I like the Hells and Black lagers - also Festbeirs for the few months they are available - but other than that whatever the local brew is I usually go with

I don’t drink light beer. I don’t drink IPAs. I prefer darker brews. I like Guinness, but I have been buying local Virginia beers, Midnight Brewery Not My Job and Legend Brewery Brown Ale. Leinenkugel makes a nice dark beer we buy when in Wisconsin. In California we buy Black House Modern Times. In Orlando I like Maduro Brown Ale.

I generally go for hazy IPAs. My favorite is a hazy Mango IPA. But I also like most Porters, especially if they involve peanut butter. Mob Craft in Milwaukee makes exceptional beers.

You can bake instead with beer batter recipes too.
I make beer bread a couple of times a month. You can really experiment with flavors on this. 3 cups self-rising flour sifted(important to sift so bread is not as heavy), 1 can beer, and 1/2 cup sugar. Just mix and bake for about an hour no rising needed.

Beer is also good for pancakes. Replace water with beer it makes them nice and fluffy.

In a sad, sad day for those of us in Wisconsin, the parent company no longer includes the Miller name. It is now Molson Coors.
I forgot that, so many just say Miller beer yet. They used to do free tours and now there is a fee, or almost eliminated.

I forgot that, so many just say Miller beer yet. They used to do free tours and now there is a fee, or almost eliminated.

I've been on a few brewery tours. Anheuser-Busch wasn't free, but it included a beer (or two) before entering the brewery floor. The time I paid it was $5 for adults and $2 for children (who weren't allowed alcohol of course). It also included a beverage (alcoholic or otherwise) at the bar at the end. We just took a couple of Cokes to go although they also had beer on tap as well as bottled water.

I did go there once for an event with the Budweiser Clydesdales. My wife found that they had free tours that day (pretty much the same as I remember) but no alcohol served. There was this little thing at the end where were offered a thimbleful of Bud at a time when they claimed that all of their breweries set time aside to do a simultaneous tasting.

Their tours at the Fairfield, California brewery were discontinued. That location could make for an interesting double tour with the Jelly Belly factory about a mile away which I've done before with the kiddo.

This might be the best thread ever started in the Community board. Maybe we should do wine next.
Wine would be a pretty short list. Italy, Spain, France, Portugal, USA and Israel have the best wines (in that order). The end. 🤣 :duck:🍷

Wine would be a pretty short list. Italy, Spain, France, Portugal, USA and Israel have the best wines (in that order). The end. 🤣 :duck:🍷
That's six countries with a variety of wines. You also forgot Greece...best white wine on the planet. How could you forget South America for red wine?

That's six countries with a variety of wines. You also forgot Greece...best white wine on the planet. How could you forget South America for red wine?
I forgot about Geece, so thanks for the reminder. I don't think South American wines are that great (based on the few I have tried). Just my opinion. I'm not a wine expert. 🤷‍♂️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter