What is the best tasting beer?

I'm an IPA person. I really like Deschutes from Oregon, but there are a lot of good ones too many to list.

I'm currently drinking a Gold Cliff IPA from the Kona Brewing Company. It's pretty good.

One of these for drinking.

k%2Farchive%2Fd1b34e0f80d343da8bb8eb0fc875ae1b0c4d80b6

But for beer batter, it's not necessarily about the quality of the beer. It might be wasting really good beer by using it for making a beer batter. It's supposed to provide a really fine carbonation with a little bit of beer flavor. A common American adjunct lager is fine - Bud, Coors, Rolling Rock, PBR, etc. It's supposed to be about the carbonation making the batter fluffier. I'm pretty sure if needs to be used quickly before the carbonation dissipates.

There's a lot of talk about people using IPAs for beer batter and finding that it tastes horrible.

Beer is not my friend, but my dad would ask me to go get him a beer and he drank Pabst, Blue Ribbon. It is so watered down, it is probably why I like it. I always,took a swig before I gave it to him. I am glad Miller Coors bought it out and started making it and distributing it. Want to know a fun fact? My DIL is in procurement and works for Miller Coors in Milwaukee. You get a case of beer for life each week for free. You don’t have to take just Miller or Coors, they are distributors for many different brands and you can choose any beer that you want.

Beer is not my friend, but my dad would ask me to go get him a beer and he drank Pabst, Blue Ribbon. It is so watered down, it is probably why I like it. I always,took a swig before I gave it to him. I am glad Miller Coors bought it out and started making it and distributing it. Want to know a fun fact? My DIL is in procurement and works for Miller Coors in Milwaukee. You get a case of beer for life each week for free. You don’t have to take just Miller or Coors, they are distributors for many different brands and you can choose any beer that you want.
In a sad, sad day for those of us in Wisconsin, the parent company no longer includes the Miller name. It is now Molson Coors.

What is the best tasting beer? 🍺 I don't really drink it but I do like to make beer batter recipes so I would love to know Disboarders, what are your favorites?
Apparently, America's favorite beer is Modelo right now. I've never tried it and rarely see it at bars in my area so it must be popular down south. This time of year I enjoy a Blueberry Ale(with fresh blueberries). I tend to drink Mich Ultra but Coors Light has always been a beer of choice for various reasons.

One of these for drinking.

k%2Farchive%2Fd1b34e0f80d343da8bb8eb0fc875ae1b0c4d80b6

But for beer batter, it's not necessarily about the quality of the beer. It might be wasting really good beer by using it for making a beer batter. It's supposed to provide a really fine carbonation with a little bit of beer flavor. A common American adjunct lager is fine - Bud, Coors, Rolling Rock, PBR, etc. It's supposed to be about the carbonation making the batter fluffier. I'm pretty sure if needs to be used quickly before the carbonation dissipates.
Lidia Bastianich would disagree- ....you only cook with what you would drink!

Lidia Bastianich would disagree- ....you only cook with what you would drink!

I got curious and looked up her recipes. I don’t think she has a beer batter recipe. Beer batter is for deep frying. My impression of beer batter is that something fairly light tasting would be ideal.

I got curious and looked up her recipes. I don’t think she has a beer batter recipe. Beer batter is for deep frying. My impression of beer batter is that something fairly light tasting would be ideal.
You can bake instead with beer batter recipes too.

I’m not a big drinker and I’m watching carbs, so I’ve been drinking Michelob Ultra, which in my opinion doesn’t have much flavor at all. Previously, I drank Miller Lite.

My husband is a big fan of Kona Brewing Co Big Wave Golden Ale.

No probably not. It's her general philosophy towards food ...if you make something that calls for beer or wine use something you like, not just anything.

No probably not. It's her general philosophy towards food ...if you make something that calls for beer or wine use something you like, not just anything.

I understand the sentiment, but it's not necessarily something I subscribe to. I always thought of cooking as finding a balance among different ingredients. And often some ingredients should be relatively neutral, like flour. In the case of beer batter, it's supposed to improve the texture without adding any off flavors. Some of the best things I've ever eaten were made with less than the finest ingredients, but with a skill in the preparation and the combination of ingredients.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter