what is the average cost of food a day?

wife&mom3

Mouseketeer
Hi we are going to WDW may 8th and we do not have the ddp and I was wanting to know if anyone has went and kind had a idea what the average cost was a day to eat counter service food? I have seen the menus and I went off of it but I was wanting a little bit of advice!:worship:

you know it really depends how you plan to eat. Will you be sitting down for a meal everyday? will you be eating any signature meals? Quick service the whole time?

I would figure out a loose plan as far as table services and then go to the menus and pick what you will probably eat...then do the same for QS and that should give you an idea.

I would estimate about $10 - $15 per person per meal depending on location.

Keep in mind that many portions are large (IMO) and can easily be shared.

It all depends on how you eat. When we went last December, we did not do the DDP. We would split 2 cs breakfasts between the 4 of us (2A-2C), 2 cs lunchs, and we each had our own dinner. Some nights it was another cs, some nights we would go to a ts. For us, it averaged out to about $75 a day. Some days it was a little more, some days less. That does also include snacks. Hope this helps.

meals can easily cost 10-15 dollars per meal. counter service.
this is meal plus drink.

This is more then just eating simple burgers. Several locations offer more substatial meals then just burgers. Favorite places sunshine food in the land. Offers a wide variety of food choices al la cart. good for dinner large lunch.

Cosmic rays in magic kingdom also offers decent array of food choice.

I dont know if you are staying onsite or just day visitor. Breakfast u can do in your hotel easily and save decent amount of cash.

I share my meals with my 2yo so for my dw and ds. 22-30 is my average for a sit down meal. Some adults that just want something small to eat, choose the kids meals. small entrie with fruit and other sides and drink for relativly small price 7-9 usally. could be off alittle.

good luck.:cool2:

It really depends where you are eating (Counter service, Table service, Signature restaurants) and how many people are in your party.

We have four people - 2 adults and 2 kids (age 7) on our upcoming trip. For us, the average sit down meal is close to $100 for dinner at many of the regular restaurants. My husband also enjoys eating at the signature restaurants where the average meal for four of us is between $150-200 dollars per dinner.

But this is budget eating. We eat breakfast in our rooms, carry snacks and one soda/juice box per person to the parks and only eat counter service. If someone is hungry they eat more snacks when we get back to the room at night. Everyone orders a counter service meal in the $8-$9 range for lunch and dinner. Ice water is free. My DSs are 11,9,9. Earlier trips and once or twice on this recent trip the younger ones ordered kids meals, but this trip I let them mostly order a non-kid choice. We did do one splurge of Trails End Buffet at FW and that was over $120 just for the one meal! Our main philosophy, however, is that we are not at Disney to eat and usually we are having so much fun we don't even notice what we are eating.

We are a family of four (Me, DH, DS8, & DS4) and we plan on $120/day for food. That includes one TS (tax/tip included), one CS, and one typcial snack per person.

It's usually my wife and I but this year it will be my mom and dad too.

Breakfast in room = $0
CS Lunch = $10/person = $40
TS Dinner = $30/person = $120
Snacks = $10/person = $40

$200 / day is what I get for 4 adults.

10 bk
10-15 lunch
20-35 for dinner depending what u get + drinks if you drink + tip.

Here was my plan before we decided we will probably add the dining plan
2 adults, 1 junior, 1 child

Breakfast in room
Lunch 2 adults meals and 2 kid meals (CS) $30
Dinner 3 adult meals 1 kid meal (cs) $40
snacks per day $20 total...

I was budgeting $90 a day but I also realized I probably would go over budget a bit at times. and would also be very critical of what people ordered :)

We went in 2006 without the dining plan and spent about $100 per day for 2 adults and a 4 year old, no signature restaurants and we had donuts from the gift shop for two breakfasts in our room. Ever since then we always get the dining plan so we don't have to worry about the cost of food! :thumbsup2

We always get the dinning plan and we spend about $100 in food of course with the DDP you get dessert with every meal so it is more expensive that if you try to budget but my DH eats a lot so the DDP worked great for us.

$150 works just about perfectly for our family of 4 with mostly counter service, a few table service thrown in and a snack per day. Sometimes we go a little over, sometimes a little under. We do not eat signature...my kids are picky.

When I'm traveling solo (my BFF eats differently), I usually allocate about $40 per QS day. That's typically lunch, dinner, a few bottles of water (I'm a water freak!) and a snack. I usually stop offsite or have grocery delivery for breakfast (I eat strange food for breakfast!) and a few small snacks, as well as a carton of water. I eat breakfast in the room (or take it outside, if the weather is nice) and take a bottle of water to the parks with me. You could refill it--I don't want to carry it unless I'm using it! *LOL*

There usually is a bit too much food for me in the QS options, so I sometimes order a child option--depending on what is available. Sometimes I just give in and throw out a bit of food--and can hear my mother in my head: "You must eat everything. A child is starving in..."

Wow! Seeing how easy it is to spend a lot on just counter service really makes me glad we always get the dining plan, but I realize that's not always an option for everyone.

well the reason that we are not doing the ddp is because my girls are super pickey eaters! and we figured that it would be cheaper and easy to find them food once we get there and look around at the counter services! we are going to eat breakfest in the room and order some pizza from pizza hut.

We also do not get the dining plan due to one picky eater who is also 15 so pays the adult price. So not worth it to pay $37 a day for her to eat french fries and yogurt. We spend about $40 a meal on counter service twice a day and eat breakfast in our room. I budget $120 a day and its always more than plenty for meals, snacks and drinks for the day. If we do a TS meal then I just budget seperately for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter