What is Labor Day Weekend like?

Andyjo0930

DIS Veteran
We are headed to Disney August 28 through September 4th. Although we have done this time of the year in the past, we have never been there for Labor Day Weekend. Usually the crowds are not bad, though getting dining reservations can be tough, because it's free dining. Just wondering if the crowds pick up during the weekend and how bad they are. Thanks in advance!!

We are headed to Disney August 28 through September 4th. Although we have done this time of the year in the past, we have never been there for Labor Day Weekend. Usually the crowds are not bad, though getting dining reservations can be tough, because it's free dining. Just wondering if the crowds pick up during the weekend and how bad they are. Thanks in advance!!

In my experience, Labor Day weekend crowds are moderate at worst. It is the least popular of the holiday weekends. YMMV.

I'll be there too.

It has been a few years but when we were there the weekend wasn't to bad but Monday was very nice!

i was there for the last two years during labor day and will be going again this year. i never waited longer than 10 minutes for a ride (except soarin and toy story mania)

It has been a while since i was there during this time but most of the schools in Florida start back in mid to end of August and most of the other schools start right after Labor Day so the crowds were not that bad at all.

Labor Day weekend use to be the time we'd always go. It's crowded, but not overly. As said earlier, it's one of the least popular holidays.

We were there September. 9th to 16th in 2009. All Halloween decorations were up! Also, the place was EMPTY! It was also Free Dining. One day they even shut down Fast Pass at Epcot, because there was no need for it. We got there the Wednesday after Labor Day (two days later). They said that it was empty for a few days. We were also there arriving the Sunday of Labor Day weekend in 2000. It was also very empty then also. Granted, it was more crowded around 2-5pm, the mornings were great. However, we always got to the parks right at rope drop.

Hope that helps!

Last year we left right before Labour (yes we spell labour with a 'u') Day weekend and there were some Halloween decorations up already. Not a ton, but some.

I'm glad to hear that the crowds are moderate this weekend, we're arriving this trip Sept 2. So we're expecting the 2nd and 3rd to be busy-ish and then we're hoping everything will just thin out!

We did Labor Day 2010 and on our last day (the day after Labor Day) the Halloween decs were starting to go up at MK.

As for crowds, its nothing like summer crowds at all! But busier than the following week would be.

Moderate crowds, but alot of semi local guests who can just drive in for an easy long weekend.

Moderate to high moderate in my experience. Maybe a 6 or 7 on the Saturday and Sunday at the MK. Some halloween decorations start going up but not a ton of them.
It's not bad. During the week before and after is much better, but the weekend itself is still very manageable.

The busiest place we experienced was DTD. The parks and resorts were low crowds. If I could pull my kids out of school, I would go back at the time in a heart beat!

I'm so glad to hear this. We are taking DD for a surprise birthday weekend and will only be able to be in the parks for 2-days (1-MK/1-EP). Sounds like we'll be able to do everything we want, and then some :thumbsup2!

BFF and I have been going that week for the past 4 years. Sure, Monday (Labor Day) is a little busier but nothing terrible. As long as you arrive early and use your Fastpasses you should be good to go. We always do Hollywood Studios on Labor Day and we have never had a problem. We usually end up riding our favorites (RnR, ToT, ST & TSM) multiple times throughout the day. Last year we rode ToT 11 times (w/ EMH).

Last year we were there for a few days (left on Labor Day) and the crowds were a little heavy due to free dining, but lines in stand-by were 10-20 minutes, and if you got the FastPass for the big rides, it was easily negotiated.

We are arriving on August 25th this year and will be there a day or two following Labor Day.

This is all awesome news! We are going August 27 - September 3, and this will be the first time we've been this time of year. It's great to hear how manageable crowds typically are. :banana:

Any further positive tales, please keep this thread going... You can also post negative stuff, but when I read it, I will plug my ears and go "LALALALALA!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter