• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is 1 unpopular opinion on fashion you have?

I still wear hose whenever I wear a dress (which is much more seldom nowadays). I hate the way my legs look, and I really don't like feeling like they're on display.

I often do too, but it's because I get cold! If it's a really long skirt, I'm OK...but otherwise, I don't wear a skirt without hose unless I'd be equally comfortable in shorts.

But tattoos are pretty accepted these days. For those wanting certain type jobs, they just make sure they are covered. DS has several. One the size of his calf on his leg, no one ever sees it at his job. But the vast majority of "careers" out there really don't care about tattoos anymore.

I honestly don't know anyone without tattoos, many with full sleeves/large pieces. Almost all of them have good careers and the ones who don't can't blame it on any of their body modifications.

Agreed that tattoos are much more common and acceptable to a greater extent than in the past. I remember when it was rebellious to get one, and only a few women had a heart or rose on her shoulder or ankle. lol

While many people seem to get them more readily today, there are still many without any at all. I guess it depends on your age and other factors. Except my brother in law, no one in my extended family has one, but many people in the school where I teach have tattoos (including the kids).

People with extreme amounts of tattoos or piercings/modifications are off-putting though. IMO there is an anti social aspect to that extreme sort of behavior, similar to if someone were to dress really out there. You are sort of distancing yourself. But that is just my thoughts I may be way off base, maybe they keep going with it.

I'd never heard of Luluroe so I looked it up. I'm sorry to say I think some of their stuff is kinda cute. But I'm pretty much a fashion train wreck.

Okay honestly that I even care what some over priced designer should say what I should wear. You can find me in shorts & any Boston team shirt / sweatshirt at most times. In New England that's about 8 months of the year

Oh and Crocs - just why?!?! Buy good fitting sneakers

I'll give a pass to college aged guys with the backwards baseball caps. But after age 25 or so, please turn the bills frontwards. You just look foolish otherwise.

I'll be more generous and let slide those guys under 30 desperately clinging to their frat boy days.

After 30, no need to wear a baseball cap backwards. There are plenty of other visual clues that you're a tool that you don't have to be so obvious.

I'll be more generous and let slide those guys under 30 desperately clinging to their frat boy days.

After 30, no need to wear a baseball cap backwards. There are plenty of other visual clues that you're a tool that you don't have to be so obvious.

Anytime I see a guy with a backwards hat and flip flops headed for the dance floor, I know the (bleep) show is about to start.

Agreed that tattoos are much more common and acceptable to a greater extent than in the past. I remember when it was rebellious to get one, and only a few women had a heart or rose on her shoulder or ankle. lol

While many people seem to get them more readily today, there are still many without any at all. I guess it depends on your age and other factors. Except my brother in law, no one in my extended family has one, but many people in the school where I teach have tattoos (including the kids).

People with extreme amounts of tattoos or piercings/modifications are off-putting though. IMO there is an anti social aspect to that extreme sort of behavior, similar to if someone were to dress really out there. You are sort of distancing yourself. But that is just my thoughts I may be way off base, maybe they keep going with it.

I would guess at least 80% of the people I know over 18 do NOT have any tattoos. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one friend who has one that’s not easily covered - ironic as she has only 3 small tattoos, but one is on her wrist. Others with a LOT more ink are able to conceal 100%, if they choose.

Well there is extreme in anything, I guess but I see so many with them in all lines of work, don’t really think about it anymore.

Yds and dd’s Fiancé have them more because of their “side job” but neither have had any issue with them and their regular job. No one seems to even ask or notice.

There is a dentist in town with complete sleeves. He wears a long sleeve undershirt under his scrubs and no one would ever know.

As others have said, the wearing of pajamas in public o_O
All I can think of is - are you schlepping around in those all day long, while they get dirty & then you get in bed with them too :crazy2:
& please, the Mary Poppins in me begs you to dress your kids & brush their hair, etc if you are heading out for the day...spit spot!

Guys with their pants waist down around their hips so they walk funny and 3/4 of their underwear shows. I want to ask why they’re even bothering wearing pants since I can see 75% of what pants are supposed to cover up.

Don’t care for the open shoulder look.

Don’t care for huge numbers of tattoos.

Don’t care for grown women wearing pajamas in public.

I don’t mind yoga pants in public.

I’m a fan of dressing for ones body type so if you’re big, properly sized and fitted clothes are nice. And I say this as a VERY much so non-petite person.

Don’t love the 3/4 sleeves that have been so popular of late. That’s the widest part of most peoples’ body. So why draw more attention to it by stopping sleeved there so tgaybthats where theveye goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter