What haven't we done? Tips on off the beaten path visit

Stupid question but for the passports in Epcot, is that something they sell or do you have to bring/make your own, or do they just give it out? We've done the AK Explorers badges (and LOVED it) so I think that would be fun too.

Great thread!

I wholeheartedly recommend visiting AKL. See if you can catch a story teller. Do they still have those? Actually, we love just touring the hotels. The themes are all really cool.

Also, while not inexpensive, the Pirate's League in the park and the Pirate themed Fireworks cruise are two really fun things to do. Our 3 person family got made up like pirates and then got to spend the rest of the day saying "ARRRR! " to everyone we met in the MK.

I was iffy on the Pirate themed fireworks cruise when my wife wanted to do it but I gave it a chance and we had an absolute blast. Highly, recommended.

I want to check out the Yee Ha Bob Show next trip.

I just booked the Pirate's League for my son and daughter. Two years ago my daughter did the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and my son was too young so he didn't get to do anything. I think they will LOVE this! I didn't know about it. I called to book the boutique again and the CM on the phone told me about it. I am interested in the cruise as well. Is that expensive?

Stupid question but for the passports in Epcot, is that something they sell or do you have to bring/make your own, or do they just give it out? We've done the AK Explorers badges (and LOVED it) so I think that would be fun too.

They sell the passports but others have made their own and the Cast Members sign those just as they would the Disney ones so it's up to you as to what you want to do. I think there's a place here on the boards for what others have done for their passports.

I just booked the Pirate's League for my son and daughter. Two years ago my daughter did the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and my son was too young so he didn't get to do anything. I think they will LOVE this! I didn't know about it. I called to book the boutique again and the CM on the phone told me about it. I am interested in the cruise as well. Is that expensive?

The website is showing it as :

Adult USD $69.00 - 72.00
Child USD $41.00 - 43.00

So, it's not cheap but it was definitely worth that. I'm not sure what the range is about ... I don't remember a range of prices. They had lots of deserts and drinks while we waited to embark. Captain Hook and Smee were there and when we came back Peter Pan was on the dock taking pictures. The Pirate who accompanied us on the boat during the fireworks played with crowd and had great rapport with everyone.

It was a great time.

The website is showing it as :

Adult USD $69.00 - 72.00
Child USD $41.00 - 43.00

So, it's not cheap but it was definitely worth that. I'm not sure what the range is about ... I don't remember a range of prices. They had lots of deserts and drinks while we waited to embark. Captain Hook and Smee were there and when we came back Peter Pan was on the dock taking pictures. The Pirate who accompanied us on the boat during the fireworks played with crowd and had great rapport with everyone.

It was a great time.

Thanks! I have read some not so great reviews about it on TripAdvisor. - but I have learned that you can't please everyone lol. Other reviews are just like yours, people loved it. We are going to do it, I think my kids will love it. I did notice people complaining that if they were seated on one side of the boat they couldn't see the fireworks at all. Would you say that's true?

I didn't see it but we always enjoy Club Cool in Epcot.

I second mini-golf and AKL. We brought a book about hidden Mickey's when we stayed at AKL and had a great time looking for them.

Thanks! I have read some not so great reviews about it on TripAdvisor. - but I have learned that you can't please everyone lol. Other reviews are just like yours, people loved it. We are going to do it, I think my kids will love it. I did notice people complaining that if they were seated on one side of the boat they couldn't see the fireworks at all. Would you say that's true?

Honestly, I don't think it would be a big deal. We always give my daughter priority viewing but I don't remember any obscured views. I will say that our Pirate Captain overshadowed the fireworks. In other words, his show was more memorable than the fireworks for me ...and I love the fireworks. It was just a good time. I hope your experience is as good.

Honestly, I don't think it would be a big deal. We always give my daughter priority viewing but I don't remember any obscured views. I will say that our Pirate Captain overshadowed the fireworks. In other words, his show was more memorable than the fireworks for me ...and I love the fireworks. It was just a good time. I hope your experience is as good.

Great!! Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter