• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What have you got done during extra magic hour?

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
We are staying at GCH during our next trip and will be doing extra hour each day. Just curious what everyone has been able to get done during their magic hour?
DCA day I am thinking start at guardians and do that as much time the kids are wanting then head over to carsland, and pier before 8:30 since that is when they start letting in the regular guests and I don't want to have to push my way through that mass. Then hang out on the other end of the park until it opens.
Also for DL MM I know TL and FL are open. But 15 min or so before park opening can we head over to NOS or something and get in line for another ride when it opens that way we don't have to be stuck in FL during the mass RD?

snow white....three times in a row....same mine car!!!!

There is no prior opening into adventureland, MM folks do line up at the rope prior to the opening because of the fear of fastpass, but with maxpass and the length of the ROA you will find yourself thinking....." that was much ado about nothing".....whereas tomorrowland is a different story. due to its physical layout.

So enjoy Fantasyland as much as possible without fear of regular guests entering Disneyland....because you know....it is highly irregular to ride Snow White ...three times in a row!!!

I have been able to knock out all of Fantasyland (everything except Casey Jr. train ride) in that first hour before with some of the Fantasyland rides twice. On the 7am EMH/MM I have been able to add in Space Mountain as well. Once it gets close to park opening I usually head over to NOS to be ready for rope drop so I can hit up Indy right away before that line gets to crazy.

I have been able to knock out all of Fantasyland (everything except Casey Jr. train ride) in that first hour before with some of the Fantasyland rides twice. On the 7am EMH/MM I have been able to add in Space Mountain as well. Once it gets close to park opening I usually head over to NOS to be ready for rope drop so I can hit up Indy right away before that line gets to crazy.
So are you able to wander over to NOS by big thunder trail a few minutes before before rope drop?

So are you able to wander over to NOS by big thunder trail a few minutes before before rope drop?

It has been a few years but the last time I was there they had a gate that was closed. I would usually wander to the front of the castle to the hub and get up to the rope at the Adventureland rope.

DCA day I am thinking start at guardians and do that as much time the kids are wanting then head over to carsland, and pier before 8:30 since that is when they start letting in the regular guests and I don't want to have to push my way through that mass. Then hang out on the other end of the park until it opens.

You won't have to push your way through - they maintain a walkway/area on the side of where they are holding people for rope drop. You'll have to show your hotel key to get through but it's easy peasy to cross the park. Sunday, we rode Guardians, then walked over to the coffee cart near the pier to grab a pastry before walking back to Hollywood Land (to wait to buy gauntlets).

So - WDW pro, but DLR newbie here (as in I've never been!) Can you tell me if staying at a Good neighbor hotel, do I only get one morning where I can use the early morning entry? Will be staying 5 nights. Thanks!

So - WDW pro, but DLR newbie here (as in I've never been!) Can you tell me if staying at a Good neighbor hotel, do I only get one morning where I can use the early morning entry? Will be staying 5 nights. Thanks!
The good neighbor hotel gets you nothing. Buying a 3 day or longer ticket gets you one Magic morning into Disneyland park only. Last minute travel club has the cheapest tickets. The last code I heard was foetravel

We are staying at GCH during our next trip and will be doing extra hour each day. Just curious what everyone has been able to get done during their magic hour?
Also for DL MM I know TL and FL are open. But 15 min or so before park opening can we head over to NOS or something and get in line for another ride when it opens that way we don't have to be stuck in FL during the mass RD?

Aloha,

Stayed at GCH last July. Hit DCA on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Got first in line at the GCH/ DCA gate at 6 AM. Processed by security at 6:50 AM and DCA park opened at 7 AM. Went hard right straight to Incredicoaster for two rides. Then did TSMM twice. Went single rider at RSR twice. Arrived at GOTG prior to park opening at 8 AM. After GOTG, enjoyed Schmoozies and churros. Hit Soarn afterwards. All walk-ons.

For DL: At the gate by 6:15 for 7 AM opening for Hotel Guests. Did all of Fantasyland and TL rides by 8 AM. Went straight to Adventureland and ride Indy when the park opened at 8 AM and the masses were going to Fantasyland and TL. All walk-ons. From Indy went clockwise around the park, using Max Pass. Max Pass was heavenly. A must. Don't sweat the $10 per day per person. If you are spending major $$ to stay on property and attend DLR, the $10 investment is the best investment you will make for the entire trip.

Also staying at the Grand Californian. Went this morning. Rolled up to security at the Grand California Entrance about 7:05 with no back up. Walked on to Toy Story Mania, walked on to Incredicoaster twice, then back to Toy Story. Then hussled over to Cars Land at 7:59 - right as a flood of the 8:00 crowd got there. I was getting a little worried about Racers, but a lot of the crowd was heading to the fast pass distribution area. The entrance said there was a 45 minute wait but I convinced the family to walk on. We walked right through the line area and were on in about 5-10 minutes. While walking, used max pass to get a Guardians Fast Pass, headed there and was done with all of that by 8:30. We grabbed something to eat and then used Max Pass for Soarin’. Finished it all that by about 10! Was a GREAT morning!!

Edited to add...forgot to mention we also went on the Monsters Inc ride somwhere in there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter