What has been YOUR experience with all these dessert parties??

I am not much of a "squished in a crowd" person......So MK Wishes party is great. Sit down with some Tasties....watch WISHES......no sweaty , non deodorant wearing people rubbing on you.....

Worth...Every...Penny.....

I loved the Tomorrowland Dessert Party when it was reasonably priced at about $40 a person in 2013. They're too pricey for us now, so we skip them.

I usually get caught up in the fanaticism to book these. Then I actually attend and it's usually meh. I've done the Wishes dessert party a few years ago, the SW fireworks one half a year ago and I think one other that I can't remember.

The desserts are mostly just meh, and honestly, there are only so many I can eat. It is nice to have the unlimited alcoholic drinks.

The SW dessert party we still ended up having some trees block our view.

I like to book these things and am excited about them, but my experience usually ends up being meh.

We've been fortunate to experience Wishes, Illuminations, and Star Wars parties. Although Wishes has evolved over the past few years, it is enjoyable. It is substantially more costly now, with no real substantial improvement that has went along with the cost increase. Truly nice to be out of the crowd for Wishes though...

Illuminations has been great every time. It also has evolved some in recent years, with improvements to alter locations and space and table set up, as well as food. Nice that alcohol is included too... Really great views of the show and again, great to be out of the crowd. At this party, you can see the crowd grow around you. Kind of fun to watch.

Did the Star Wars party in June 2016. This was the top of the three in terms of food, drinks, and the view of the show. Better variety of food, not just sugar, than the others. Creative drinks, including alcohol drinks. And to be center in the Star Wars show, everything happening around you, just wow! Best ever!

Would I do them again? Illuminations and Star Wars, yes, if tix are available, every time. If Wishes keeps increasing in price, which seems to be the case, probably not. $80 has crossed the line for that experience. Just a couple years ago it was $25. What's the extra $55 for? A mini cupcake with a character theme, lanterns, and a glass of carbonated apple juice? Really?

We did the tomorrow land terrace before the price increase. (I paid $27, I think) They assigned seats based on time of sign up and party size. I was impressed, not sure the price is worth it now. We did the Osbourne Lights. That was totally worth it. Fun Xmas theme goodies, a blanket souvenir, these cool 3D glasses that make the lights look like gingerbread and I was getting shots of Fireball from the awesome bartenders. Open seating, not assigned. I did the SW and thought the food was good, but only one bartender and had to wait in a very long line every time. And there are no seats at SW which really bothered me. I guess if I'm paying extra for a cupcake I want to sit and enjoy it. Both MK and Osbourne had tables and chairs, SW just high tables.

The only dessert party I've experienced so far was World of Color in Disneyland. It was SO worth it, but the #1 value was being able to sit down during the show at an assigned table and have the desserts and beverages delivered to you. It was so worth it and I wouldn't want to view WoC any other way. Obviously this different than most dessert parties as WDW...

That said, I've booked the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM dessert party for November and I am planning to book the Star Wars dessert party for me and my husband when we return in January. The selling points for me are not having to stake out a spot early and wait in a massive crowd (doesn't bother me to much but my husband can't take it), and I also like that you can mingle with Storm Troopers at the SW party, and that there will be a "VIP character" at the JBJB party. Those little exclusives -- plus low crowd/good view -- are what pushed me over the edge on booking.

We did the Frozen dessert party in Aug 2015 and the Wished dessert party on NYE-eve 2015.

The frozen party had many more options and alcoholic drinks. It was part of a package that included reserved parade viewing and reserved seating at the Frozen sing a long, so it was a better value for me. The Frozen party also had kids tables with coloring pages and crayons. That helped entertain the children after they were done eating. However, the actual party had no seats. That was a HUGE let down. After walking the park all day the last thing I want to do it eat and drink standing up. We didn't even stay to watch the fireworks because it was the last week of August and we were too hot and tired. If there were chairs it would have been a much more pleasant experience. So, we've sworn off dessert parties without seating. I emailed Disney after I returned home with a review of sorts and explained our experience and they ended up refunding me for the Frozen package even though I never asked for my money back. So, we used that money to go to the New Years Eve-Eve fireworks party 4 months later.

The desserts at the MK party were blah. It was hot and the desserts were sweating. The crackers with the cheese plate were soggy. We had a table and chairs, and a great view that we didnt have to stand around for, but I won't do it again. We spent an hour in the reserved area, I could have easily sat on a curb near the castle for an hour and saved a bunch of money.

We did get a Christmas themed Mickey head cup, and that was cute.

Long story short, I've done it twice and that was MORE than enough.

We did the Wishes Dessert Party a few years ago when it was still $25 per person. It wasn't worth that price at that time, it sure isn't worth it now!

I did the Frozen and Star Wars fireworks dessert parties at DHS. Frozen included like a whole day of stuff where as Star Wars was just the dessert party and fireworks. Both time we saw the value in the fact that we had somewhere to have snacks and didn't have to wait for over an hour for a good spot to see the fireworks for the first time. Frozen wasn't as good and Star Wars but still worth it. Star Wars was inside for dessert party and we found seats so it was so nice to be able to sit and eat and hang out inside instead of being out in the heat.

Now for e-ticket parties I think they take up too much time from the party to do them.

We've done Wishes twice, once at $25 and once at around $70 (I think? Maybe it was $60). The first was during the Christmas Party December 2014 so we saw the holiday wishes, the second was during spring break 2016.

I feel it was worth it even with the price increase.

Now, for the holiday wishes in 2016, you also get reserved viewing for the Christmas parade. But, of course, it's more expensive. 85? Something like that. It was actually the deal breaker for us. Not necessarily the price, although that didn't help, but it seemed like the majority of the party time would be spent between being ushered to the parade spot and then ushered to the fireworks spot. We liked the convenience of showing up 20 minutes before the fireworks, eating a bunch of desserts (huge variety by the way. Lots of choices) and then seeing the fireworks in a chair at a table.

Added bonus: Tinkerbell flies right over the Tommorrowland Terrace so she's like 20 feet from the dessert viewing! That was pretty cool.

Just wondering as every time you turn around there a new desert party!?

Have you ever had a amazing experience?

Felt that you got your money's worth?

Anything there that was to die for in terms of taste/drunk?

Or were you disappointed...?

Share here as the holiday one has me thinking

We went to the Wishes dessert party at Magic Kingdom in July 2010. At the time, it was $25 per adult. There was TONS of food and it was all delicious.

Now, the price has since doubled. There is much less food and, I'm told, no assigned seating. I would not go again.

We've done Illuminations and it was wonderful. We would absolutely do it again. We had our two kids with us and they had fun, as well. The dessert selection was plentiful,the alcohol was fine, and the view was good. We didn't even mind not having chairs.

We did the Wishes dessert party twice when it was $25/27. The first time it was great. The second time with nine people was terrible. There was a loudmouthed CM who was hollering at the top of his lungs and directly people around the viewing areas. It was so obnoxious! It ruined Holiday Wishes for us! My adult son went over to the CM and said, "My parents have paid about $300 so our family could enjoy this show and your yelling through the entire show has ruined it". He quieted for the last two or three minutes of the show. Other CMs were coming up to us and apologizing. Anyway, all that to say that we determined then that $27 per person was wayyy to much for what we experienced. We wouldn't do any of the parties for the cost. Seriously, I could almost take my kids to an entire day at Universal to experience Harry Potter for the cost of one of these dessert parties! We have decided that we will go get the coffee and pastry of our choice and stake out our spot early and enjoy our treats while we wait. It's a whole lot less money and we still get to have some special Disney treats!

We did the dessert party when we ordered a deluxe package (or whatever it was called) during the original Frozen Summer Fun a couple of years ago. That package included special seating and snacks (basically water and ice cream bars) for the processional, preferred seating at the singalong, and the dessert party. I found it to be a tremendous waste of money. The desserts weren't that great (and we're not dessert people anyway) and so we tried to make up for the cost by drinking more and wound up with nary a buzz and hangovers the next day. Haven't done one since and I really don't see the appeal.

I've attend 3-4 dessert parties at both Disney world and one at Disneyland. They offer so many because they are money makers. The prices are steep for what you really get. You can only eat so much and very few could eat their money's worth. That said, they are pretty cool because you feel like you're getting a VIP treatment. My daughters always enjoy them. So if you don't care that you're being overcharged a little, go for it. If your looking strictly for value, look elsewhere.

We did the Star Wars dessert party. It happened to be the first night of the improved show in June 2016. Also, my son has a June birthday, because I made the ADR while he was still 9, he was charged as a child. It was really worth it for a Star Wars fan because of the cute desserts. The drinks were nice as well. I don't remember thinking any of the food was the best thing I ever ate, but it was all pretty tasty. I liked that there was a variety of savory, sweet, and drinks.

We did the Pirates and Pals to see wishes, I thought that was worth it. When we went, though, we paid 2 adults, 1 child, and 2 (free) toddlers. Now that my family is 3 "adults" and 2 children I don't know if I'd want to repeat.

I've also paid for two fishing excursion, many character meals, etc. The only experiences at Disney that I felt a little ripped off at was Cinderella Royal Table and Club level. I would not pay the extra money to repeat those.

We did the Wishes dessert party a couple of years ago, and it was nice. But now that it's $79 adult, $47 child plus tax, it's not worth it anymore.

I have done more in the past, but this year we have done the Star Wars Galactic dessert party, and the MNSSHP one and we really enjoyed them both. The Halloween party was my favorite, great parade viewing and then sitting while enjoying the fireworks and food!

As mentioned, both had some fruit and cheeses besides sweet things.

Both had take home gifts. First the Chewy mugs and then a nice package of Ghiradelli chocolates from the Halloween party.

We have a reservation for the Jingle Party at DHS in December.

Although we have 10 grandchildren, my husband and I go to WDW with just ourselves, for now. I say that, because, even though it's just the two of us, we still discuss what our grand kiddos might like or not like,for future reference.
We've done Pirates and Pals( we were the only adults without children there,but no one minded). We did the first Ferrytale Wishes cruise last December and Star Wars Dessert Party this past August. My opinions-
Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise- great experience for both adults and children. We met up in a room in the Contemporary Resort. We were given bandannas and a pin beforehand. Treats offered were chocolate coins,cotton candy,Mickey Bars,different layer cakes,cupcakes,cookies,candy,fruit,juices,punch,milk,chocolate milk,tea and coffee and small bags of chips. While you grazed, Captain Hook and Mr. Smee came by for meet and greet and pics. Then we were divided into two groups and boarded two boats. Our pirate hosts were very funny and engaging and really enhanced the ride. The music was broadcast during the fireworks and surprise- Peter Pan was waiting on the dock for us when we returned. We never felt out of place being the only adults without children. It was fun and I recommend this.
Ferrytale Wishes Dessert Fireworks Cruise- we were on either the first or second time this was started last year. Unfortunately, it was a rainy evening,which put a damper on the evening,but it was still well done. You meet at the TTC, in a covered area near the Ferry. We were each given a light up necklace, a special pin, and a light up plastic champagne glass filled with sparkling apple cider. As we boarded, we were given a plastic plate with Ferrytale Wishes printed on it and a slot to hold our plastic glass. We were also given a plastic bag to put the stuff in we already received,which I thought was very thoughtful. On the boarding level,there were tall tables,but not that many. The desserts were put out on the second level,where there was just the seating that was normally there. There were about 8 different desserts, and they were impressive in their design,very different,special. The most popular was the white Cinderella high heeled shoe made out of sugar. There was a little muffin in the toe area. We ended up with four- one for me to keep and three to send to my granddaughters, who were over the moon with happiness receiving them. The ferry coasted around the lagoon until the fireworks started and stayed in one spot then. We might do that again,as it would be nice to cruise around on a nicer evening. It was a mellow way to see the fireworks. The children were given flashlights to help spot clues on the boat for a scavenger hunt- they all seemed to love it. The only drawback was the lack of seating during dessert time,so the plates with the glass holder made sense.......
Star Wars Dessert Party- we did this end of August just so we didn't have to stand in one spot for hours,holding a place in front of the trees. The desserts were imaginative and good. There was enough of a savory choice besides the sweet items. We didn't have the alcohol beverages ourselves,but the people who did have them, seemed to enjoy them. There was plenty of desserts and plenty of CM's there helping,but some of the people acted very unDisney. They placed arms across the tall tables so no one else could even put a plate down- very selfish. I never encountered such behavior at Disney before. There was some cushioned benches along two walls near the entrance of the party area,so we ended up there. We were walked out to the viewing area all together about 20 minutes before the show. As we entered the viewing area, we were each handed a bottle of water and a Chewbaca mug, which was so ugly,it made us laugh. I currently have them out as Haloween decorations as they really look like a werewolf and the top of the head opens up to use as a mug.....just a bad design in general. We were able to position ourselves between the trees. The show was amazing,impressive and enjoyable. But I see this as one and done. We were glad that we did it,but don't see the need to do it again.
We buy Disney gift cards at Target for a year before we go, so most of the week is paid for in terms of our resort stay. We are willing to put out the money to try these experiences because it's why we go to Disney- to do different things. Not sure if we would do Illuminations because there are so many areas we can go to and not have to show up too early. Same with Wishes.....maybe. We are two people who can't stand for too long( I just got a new right knee a few months ago). So sometimes it's worth it to us to have a place to sit,something to eat and drink and not stress over where to stand and not waste time having to show up so early to get a good spot. These experiences really are very subjective. It's nice that they are there if you want it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter