What happens if you miss your due date?

Rapunzel

Mouseketeer
My due date for the rest of our payment is Feb 1st. We wanted to use either our Tax returns or DH's Bonus check as our payment. Will they just automatically cancel our booking if we don't make the final payment on the 45 day mark? Is there some sort of grace period at all?

I really don't want to have to put it on a CC, but I guess I will if I absolutley HAVE too.

I know I went over by a couple days through a TA, but I called and let her know in advance. At the time I was only getting paid twice a month and I had to wait until my pay. It was okay. I think I've read posts on here where you get an email or something before they just cancel you anyway.

I think (here is my two cents, nothing factual) if you miss it they can cancel your room if they need the room and someone has the money, but chances are they will not cancel it for awhile, can you call WDW and tell them you problem?? they might be able to work with you. It doesn't hurt to try!:) Good luck!

I would definately call to let them know. WDW claims lower attendance and such due to the economy, I'm sure that if you were to call them and let them know that you will get your final payment to them within a reasonable time they most likely will not turn you down.

If they do in fact tell you that will be fine, I would be sure to get the name of the person you spoke with and keep record of that phone call just in case.

I know you said you prefer NOT CC. But, if you use a Disney Visa, you have 6 months, no interest and you get rewards for it as well. Just pay it off as soon as the bonus or tax refund come.

I would call to let them know, but this is what I do know: I waited one year to pay the rest of my trip off until the very last day. I kept trying to log on and I couldn't for the life of me get into my account. I panicked and thought they had canceled my trip and that maybe I had to pay on the last day by noon or something. So, I called and was a little panicked and told the CM my problem. He laughed and said no, they were updating their servers at the moment and he actually couldn't take my payment right that minute and no, that disney would definitely NOT have canceled my trip. He said try back on Monday and pay the balance and not to worry at all. Now, I don't know at what point I would've needed to be concerned, but he acted as if they wouldn't have done this at all. But if it were ME, I would still call and tell them my situation and ask. Worse case scenario, put the balance on your credit card and MAKE yourself pay it off as soon as you get your tax return!

I know you said you prefer NOT CC. But, if you use a Disney Visa, you have 6 months, no interest and you get rewards for it as well. Just pay it off as soon as the bonus or tax refund come.

Good suggestion. If you don't have a Disney Visa, but you do have a credit card that isn't carrying a balance - then I would use that.

You know the dead line date, made a commitment and a due date is just that, it can be canceled, we never expect nor rely on a grace period, that's what the due date is, time to pay or get canceled. Even Discover, get the cash back bucks, 2% return. I'd use a credit card and not rely on others advice unless I contacted Disney direct and got some confirmation from them in this matter.

You will get an e-mail which states that you are past your 45 days. The reservations will automatically be cancelled at the 30 day mark if not paid. II had a similar problem in 2007, I called and spoke to CM they went to guest services and agreed to let me pay by X date which was only 2 days past the 30th day.

I know with these uncertain times, bonus checks etc are sometimes delayed and although you planned to have the money by the date due, sometimes things come up. Just call, Disney will work with you within reason.:)

Due date............bla...................:rolleyes:

Might cancel but I woud bet they will not, call them let them know, I see no issues....

I've gone past my due date before. I received a phone call from Disney and I explained the problem and I paid some that day, then the rest a couple of weeks later. The were very understanding.

My due date for the rest of our payment is Feb 1st. We wanted to use either our Tax returns or DH's Bonus check as our payment. Will they just automatically cancel our booking if we don't make the final payment on the 45 day mark? Is there some sort of grace period at all?

I really don't want to have to put it on a CC, but I guess I will if I absolutley HAVE too.

:confused3 I'm confused????? Are you having to pay your whole trip upfront? Are you using Disney or a TA? From our experience, we only have to pay one night hotel stay and the rest when we get there (even with package deals including tickets). The only time we had to pay the full amount ahead of time was for our Disney cruise (Land/Sea Package).

Like mentioned, call Disney! :thumbsup2

pixiedust: Jennifer

Moving to the Resorts & Booking Board. This thread is a best fit there.

we only have to pay one night hotel stay and the rest when we get there
That's for room only res'.
WDTC packages are due 45 days prior to arrival.
I have never heard of a package paid at check in. :confused3
However, I agree with the previous suggestions.

it seems to me the simplest, safest thing is to put it on a CC to guarantee that you don't miss out on your trip and can stop fretting about it. when you get your tax return, then pay off the CC. I don't know of anyone who gets tax returns by Feb 1st, so planning the tax return to pay for the trip by Feb 1st wasn't going to work anyway. A month or two on the CC would likely be the worst scenario.

I also hate to use a credit card. We paid the $200 dep when I booked and the 45 dat mark was Jan 8 I sent the check on the 7th and the day that it cleared my account I got a letter in the mail stating please disreguard if payment was made, but my reservation would automatically be cancelled on the 30 day mark if payment in full was not made by then. Which I guess would be around the 22nd or so. I hope this helps.

:confused3 I'm confused????? Are you having to pay your whole trip upfront? Are you using Disney or a TA? From our experience, we only have to pay one night hotel stay and the rest when we get there (even with package deals including tickets). The only time we had to pay the full amount ahead of time was for our Disney cruise (Land/Sea Package).

Like mentioned, call Disney! :thumbsup2

If you book a package through the WDW Travel company (Magic Your Way) you only need to pay $200 to book the trip. However, the entire balance must be paid 45 prior to your arrival. I think it has always been this way, even back when Disney sold the Dreammaker packages-had to be paid in full 45 prior. Now I have read, in Unofficial Guide I believe, that if you book a "Room Only" thing with CRO that you can pay the balance when you arrive. However, you can't get the dining plan or other package extras if you do that.

I also hate to use a credit card. We paid the $200 dep when I booked and the 45 dat mark was Jan 8 I sent the check on the 7th and the day that it cleared my account I got a letter in the mail stating please disreguard if payment was made, but my reservation would automatically be cancelled on the 30 day mark if payment in full was not made by then. Which I guess would be around the 22nd or so. I hope this helps.

When you say the "30 day mark" do you mean 30 days before the date of arrival for your trip? Just wanted to clarify. If so that would mean that just as long as it's paid off 30 days before you arrive it would probably be ok?

I too would really like to get my Income Tax check back too to pay for my balance.

If you book a package through the WDW Travel company (Magic Your Way) you only need to pay $200 to book the trip. However, the entire balance must be paid 45 prior to your arrival. I think it has always been this way, even back when Disney sold the Dreammaker packages-had to be paid in full 45 prior. Now I have read, in Unofficial Guide I believe, that if you book a "Room Only" thing with CRO that you can pay the balance when you arrive. However, you can't get the dining plan or other package extras if you do that.

The only way we have booked our Disney vacations is calling Disney directly and get a AAA rate for the room and add park tickets (technically it is a MYW package). When we call Disney directly is that WDTC? We don't do the dining package, does that make the difference? :thumbsup2 We do book room/ticket packages and pay upon check-in. We've done it the past few years at WDW and have a DLR vacation booked for DLR and I paid a little over $300 and she told me the rest was due upon check-in. How does this differ from what y'all have booked? Just curious.

Thanks in advance for the info. :goodvibes

Here is what happened to me, we are going in Feb and my due date was to pay by 12-31, well I called them beforehand and asked for an extension, they spoke with guest services and then came back and said they said ok, but could not guarantee it would not be cancelled, well with all of the computer updates and not being able to get through on the phone, I never was able to pay the bill by the date I had stated, I called last nite, and my reservations where still there, I was able to change my dates and pay off my trip, so I think I was lucky they did not cancel. I would call them to see what they say. I am sure they don't want to loose any business at this time!! Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter