What happens if guests are unable to join?

jenmcnitt

Earning My Ears
I booked a reservation at Sci-fi dine in for 2 but it is possible that only myself will be able to go. Are you charged extra (like a no show) if you book an extra extra party member and not all are able to join?

Whenever I select one party member, no time slots are available so I selected 2 instead. It is possible my friends are unable to go but would still like to.

Thanks!

I've never been charged as long as some of the party has showed up. However, that doesn't work with Cinderella's Royal Table or other paid-in-advance restaurants. They WILL charge you no matter if the person is there or not.

We had a family member in our party get ill and it was an ordeal to get a refund. It was bad enough they had to miss an entire park day, but getting charged $60+ for a meal they couldn't attend was ridiculous.

I've never been charged as long as some of the party has showed up. However, that doesn't work with Cinderella's Royal Table or other paid-in-advance restaurants. They WILL charge you no matter if the person is there or not.

We had a family member in our party get ill and it was an ordeal to get a refund. It was bad enough they had to miss an entire park day, but getting charged $60+ for a meal they couldn't attend was ridiculous.

Once I was sick when we had Hooptie Doo ressies. My sister told the CM when they checked in and got a refund, without asking for it. We thought it was non refundable.

I booked a reservation at Sci-fi dine in for 2 but it is possible that only myself will be able to go. Are you charged extra (like a no show) if you book an extra extra party member and not all are able to join?

Whenever I select one party member, no time slots are available so I selected 2 instead. It is possible my friends are unable to go but would still like to.

Thanks!
I had booked at Boma for me, my daughter and husband. As we were heading over he began feeling sick so he went back to lie down and we went to breakfast. The hostess checked us in and switched us to a smaller table. No extra charge.

They should have refunded you the meal. One of my kids got sick and we all had to miss a starlight safari. I got a refund for all 3 of us.

Thanks!
As long as someone turns up for your reservation, you won't be charged a cancellation for anyone

If you do the online check in using the MDE app , it will ask for the number of people in your party. Just put 1. I go solo all the time, most of my adr are booked as two and just adjust when checking in. Under what you booked is no problem, it when you book 4 and bring 5 that can be a problem.

I'm confused. Why were you looking for.a party of 1 if your friend is expected to join yo

Dining reservation system doesn’t like odd numbers in general. I frequently travel solo. I book for however many I need to get the time I prefer, sometimes 2, sometimes 4. As soon as the reservation is made, I select modify and change the number of guests to one. The time I’d reserved is always offered as an option.

You can certainly book for 2 and show up solo with no additional charge. I like adjusting the ressie before I arrive.

A prepay like CRT just requires you pay up front. At the end of the meal the bill will be adjusted to reflect the number in the party and any discounts, like AP. Refunds go to the method used for original booking. Very easy and straightforward.

We’ve had less people at CRT also. I told them at check in we were 2 instead of 4 with no problem. The hostess just said she’d adjust the table size, but we were still seated at a table for 4. I told the server we were originally booked for 4, she was very casual about it. Said she’d adjust the bill for the correct party size & add our AP discount. At the end of the meal, our bill reflected the credits.

We’ve even gone to CP meals & been able to skip the CP tickets & just have a regular meal. This was a few years ago, 1 year I ended up with bronchitis & wasn’t up to more than soup. And a few years later, my DIL got a migraine & wasn’t up to staying for the show. Never any penalties.

I thank the above posters who mentioned how a solo can get the ADR system to work for her/him. I was able to get Space 220 Lounge at 60+3 with the help of my imaginary dining partner. Modifying the ADR to just me went off without a hitch. Now I can finally see this place and wonder to myself why I'm paying $28 for a hamburger.

I thank the above posters who mentioned how a solo can get the ADR system to work for her/him. I was able to get Space 220 Lounge at 60+3 with the help of my imaginary dining partner. Modifying the ADR to just me went off without a hitch. Now I can finally see this place and wonder to myself why I'm paying $28 for a hamburger.
Your imaginary friend knew to cancel on you

Almost all my trips are solo, yet when booking ADRs, I always book for 2. Maybe DH will decide at the last minute that he's joining me on the trip (hasn't happened). Yet, in all the dining, I've never been charged when one person shows up instead of two.

Never, ever been charged if attendees are less than reservation. At Disney, I think they honestly understand 'things happen'.

On the opposite side of the question, has anyone booked for a party of 4 and had an showed up with an extra person? Wondering if what the chances are of getting seated this way, we cannot get a reservation for 5 so far.

On the opposite side of the question, has anyone booked for a party of 4 and had a showed up with an extra person? Wondering if what the chances are of getting seated this way, we cannot get a reservation for 5 so far.
It’s better to try to book for six and show up with five. If you book for four and show up with five, under the best of circumstances you’ll have to wait while they find a table large enough for your party. If the restaurant is very busy, you may find yourself turned away completely.

They wont Charge you enjoy the meal, I eat by myself every now and then if my wifes not in the mood or is tired

Dining reservation system doesn’t like odd numbers in general. I frequently travel solo. I book for however many I need to get the time I prefer, sometimes 2, sometimes 4. As soon as the reservation is made, I select modify and change the number of guests to one. The time I’d reserved is always offered as an option.
Thank You!

This worked perfectly. I've been struggling, as no where has anything available for 2, but all the times are open for 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter