What exactly is going on at DTD?

Just want to 2nd the vote that Disney Springs is a dumb name. The name was not the problem at Downtown Disney. Then again, if you ask me, things were perfectly fine as is until about 7 years ago.

Agreed. It is a "downtown" type of shopping/eating area. Springs implies a resort or spa. I'll be one of those folks that always calls it DTD..sorta like DHS will always be MGM.

On another note, with parking as tight as it is currently due to garage construction, whats with the MASSIVE blocks of parking spaces that are always roped off for Valet service that are rarely ever used?? It seems that less than a twentieth of that space is ever actually used. The few times I've been this month and last (including weekends), I don't recall ever seeing more than a handful of cars in Valet.

And wouldn't it make more sense to put the actual valet parking across the street? E.g., drive up to the DTD sidewalk, give your car to the valet, let them take it across the street, and then using two-way radios, they can signal what cars need to come back when you are ready to leave. Plus they have those golf carts if they need to hoof it across the street.

is there any timeline of when things will be completed or certain areas will be opened up? We are staying on site in December and we like to drive over to DTD a few times to eat at WolfGang Puck Express, but if its not easy to get in and out of and find parking, we may just scrap those plans.

is there any timeline of when things will be completed or certain areas will be opened up? We are staying on site in December and we like to drive over to DTD a few times to eat at WolfGang Puck Express, but if its not easy to get in and out of and find parking, we may just scrap those plans.

The first parking structure is expected to be finished this year but no exact date was given. None of the major retail refurbishments are expected to be finished until next year.

hopping on this thread...

hoping to visit "disney springs" ;) in July. we didn't make it in feb and always like to spend an afternoon or evening here. we like the ferry from POR to disney springs. can this still be done or is that dock closed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter