What does Disney Do Better than Universal? What does Universal do better than Disney?

lockets

DIS Veteran
For instance I read in the boards that Universal housekeeping is back to daily for a while now.

Also that there aren’t 2-4 hour hold times when you call Universal.

Is it true?

What else comes to mind?

Disney = better, more professional cast members. Better theming in their different lands (with the exception of HP land at Universal). Generally cleaner. Even the older rides seem better maintained than Universal's older rides. Universal feels like a glorified standard amusement park. I was really put off by the carnival games they had there. It felt cheap, despite what you're paying for it. I expect carnival games at Kings Island in Ohio, but not at an expensive place like Universal.

Universal = better express pass ride system....however, I think this works for Universal because they don't have near the crowds Disney does in my experience.

Universal feels like a glorified standard amusement park. I was really put off by the carnival games they had there. It felt cheap, despite what you're paying for it. I expect carnival games at Kings Island in Ohio, but not at an expensive place like Universal.

it’s so interesting you mention this because I said the exact same thing to someone recently
BUT I was referring to the carnival games at Animal Kingdom.

i didn’t expect to see carnival games at either park, but the ones at universal seemed less shocking and fit in with the park more than the ones at Disney.

I said I expected these games at a town carnival too.

It was also a little infuriating to see how much prime space they took up at AK. It’s like ok I’m paying for entry and now the park is charging me extra for carnival games plus I had the feeling that a carnival vendor might be renting the booths from Disney so they make money there too (but I could be wrong). Just felt like triple dipping.

At universal it’s a similar vibe, but at least they were closer to walkways between the different themed areas kind of off to the side.

Universal has you send your bags through airport type screening machines. Easy-peasy. No digging your umbrellas/eyeglass cases/cameras out of your bag and holding them in front of you as you walk through a scanner. No getting pulled aside anyway for an ungloved security person to paw through your personal items. No having to re-pack your bag after they do so.

I think DS is better than City Walk. Disney has a more diverse selection of rides.

Universal has more reasonable hotels rates. Better AP benefits like food and beverage discounts on more items. Went to both in early February, the restrooms in the park, restaurants and hotels were much cleaner in Universal.

Disney = better, more professional cast members. Better theming in their different lands (with the exception of HP land at Universal). Generally cleaner. Even the older rides seem better maintained than Universal's older rides. Universal feels like a glorified standard amusement park. I was really put off by the carnival games they had there. It felt cheap, despite what you're paying for it. I expect carnival games at Kings Island in Ohio, but not at an expensive place like Universal.

Universal = better express pass ride system....however, I think this works for Universal because they don't have near the crowds Disney does in my experience.
I tend to agree with these thought (except I like carny games, lol). I also agree that DS is much better than CityWalk. The one addition I would make: Universal is better at just running with an idea. That's why their construction times for new attractions is so much shorter than Dis. They are more willing to make adjustments on the fly or after the fact, while Disney wanst every inch planned out before starting

So I actually think they both have their pros, cons and similarities/no difference.

To me, both have amazing theming, transportation, food
and after hours/holiday events. They also both have great and not so great CMs and TMs(but the not so great are very rare in my experience)

Disneys better at hotels (imho-for daily cleaning at universal RPR we were not impressed. Dust behind the bed, hallways never cleaned, bathroom sink not having proper water pressure, lobby chairs sticky, just all together not good) and explaining everything when you call customer service.

Universal is better at the express pass system and every being in close proximity (tho that will change with epic universe).

Also, we have to remember everyone’s experiences are different. My friend is planning a big Florida trip and they have a great Discovery Cove/Sea World/Busch Gardens package. They are doing a day at Disney (due to having a ticket they need to use) and some time at Disney Springs. They aren’t going to universal period because the deals weren’t great. And the only reason they are doing Disney is because of that ticket they have to use (and they love Disney Springs). Everyone’s situation is different.

As for me, I remember in 2017 when everything was expanding and opening at all the parks. There was a hashtag on Twitter called #UnitedinLeisure celebrating all the great new things coming to the parks. I miss those days.

Sorry I know this thread was posted last year but I'd still like to answer if that's ok.
I find Disney better than Universal because at Universal Orlando most of the family rides are closed forever such as Woody Woodpeckers nuthouse rollercoaster, Shrek 4D and Back to the future ride and now they planning closing Simpsons ride forever. Harry Potter section isn't any good with just 1 park ticket because to experience the train and see the other section at the Harry Potter you need an park to park ticket and the Harry Potter train looks like an attraction and lot's sadly get turned away unable to experience it because they only purchased the 1 park ticket.
Disney theme parks are available in nearly every continent Europe, USA, Hawaii, Far East and there's one coming to London. In Orlando there's 4 parks and 2 waterparks currently they are doing maintenance on one waterpark them swap over and open the other one and do maintenance on the other waterpark. Disney offer hotel and ticket packages for Disney resort, neighbour hotels and the Disney campsite. The Disney cruise line bus picks up from Disney resorts. There's a great selection of rides, shows, entertainment and they got a bus safari in Disney's Animal Kingdom it's like being in Africa on an African Safari tour. They have special events such as food and wine in Epcot, after hours party and Mickey's not so scary halloween party. At Disney they have a great selection of transportation such as buses, monorail, ferry and skyliner. When you purchase theme park tickets and you choose the cards at Disney they are kept safe and financially safe until the day you collect them because you visit the will call with email cormfirmation, debit card and government approved ID and that gives us peace of mind the tickets are kept safe and no one else can use them.

Universal is what I feel Disneyland is. I've been to both Universals and Disneyland in the past 7 years and it's a weekend or long weekend trip. Walt Disney World is a vacation. The last time I was at WDW, we walked around Grand Floridian looking at the chocolate egg display. I wouldn't do that at any Universal Park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter