• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do your kids love to do at Castaway Cay and why?

Almost 11, almost 14. They love parasailing, getting ice cream, and hanging out in the water in inner tubes; they like to mix excitement with relaxation. :beach: Last year the older one met friends from Edge after lunch for Pelican Plunge, and the younger one went snorkeling with DH. We did the stingray snorkeling on our first cruise when they were 7 and 10 with mixed results; the 7yo had had snorkeling lessons and was comfortable in the water, and the 10yo hadn't had lessons and was bitten by one of the rays during feeding time, so was not happy. It was fun, but having done it once I don't feel the need to do it again. They were also initially enthusiastic about the paddle boat rental until the winds picked up and it turned from fun into work.

Following this thread as we are going on our 1st cruise this year with DD's 14 & 19 - great info - thanks!!!

With the inflatable life jackets, do you think between my wife and I we could pull our 5yo around the snorkeling path?

With the inflatable life jackets, do you think between my wife and I we could pull our 5yo around the snorkeling path?

Of course. It starts shallow but does get a little deep. You could maybe just swim out to the point where if he's not comfortable, one of you could just swim back with him. And the fins make the going a lot easier than just swimming.

Of course. It starts shallow but does get a little deep. You could maybe just swim out to the point where if he's not comfortable, one of you could just swim back with him. And the fins make the going a lot easier than just swimming.

Thanks. I don't think he'd be uncomfortable, rather I was worried about him having enough energy to complete the route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter