What do YOU want for Christmas?

The Cook's Essential air fryer from QVC. You can do so much with them!

Thank you! I am going to look into it. It says 3.5 qt - can you fit enough in it for 2 people? We have the nuwave and I see they make one too

I apologize - all the others say 3.5 but this one says 5.3 - it is a new one out?

Thank you! I am going to look into it. It says 3.5 qt - can you fit enough in it for 2 people? We have the nuwave and I see they make one too

I apologize - all the others say 3.5 but this one says 5.3 - it is a new one out?
Yes the larger one is a new model this year but the 3.5 is big enough for 2 average eaters. For more people then I'd get the bigger one.

I've three things on my list that I would love to get.
1st is a need- I need a new kitchenaid stand mixer. I'm hoping to get it this year.
2nd is a horse! Yes a horse. We bought my daughter a horse last Christmas and we are in love. Right now we are boarding her horse so I probably wont get one until we move out to our land.
3rd is a new wedding ring set as my fingers have changed and I can no longer wear my original set.

I think I'll probably receive my kitchen aid stand mixer before the other two. But a girl can dream right? Lol

First time in years I've wanted anything - roku to turn my dumb tv into a smart one! DH would probably just buy a new tv altogether so I may have to get it for myself just to keep him out of BestBuy...

Seriously though, we've lost two very significant family members and two dear friends this year and have been advised not to try and maintain our traditional holiday routines. That idea feels right so we may actually vacation for Christmas :earsboy: (looking at 4 days at DLR right now). If we do then I imagine we'll just dispense with gifts altogether.

My master bathroom shower and tub leak. Having a horrible time finding someone. I'm actually sitting here waiting for yet another contractor who just texted me that he will be 25 minutes late. What I want for Christmas is to have a reliable contractor to fix my shower and tub.

For gift cards - I've found my dad likes it better if I can specify something like, "I'd like a Disney gift card to put towards my dinner at Kona" or "A Southwest gift card to help with airfare for my vacation this summer would be great". It satisfies his need to give something specific, but also makes it easier for him to do. One of the best presents I got ever was like that - I asked for something for help with the hotel night prior to the cruise - he ended up giving me enough that I was able to book an upgraded view and see my ship from my hotel room!

Perfume is all I ever really ask for. I get one bottle each Christmas and it generally takes the full year to use it all.

My husband and I each keep an Amazon wish list with items at all different price points on it. We shop off of them for each other when we are stumped and I often direct family members there. We only really get gifts from my mom and a few aunts and uncles these days. We are going to disneys Hilton head resort for our first wedding anniversary in February so we agreed to just spend a few bucks on each other and put the rest of the money away for our trip! We typically travel a lot so we tend to go light on gifts and just agree to splurge when we travel! : D

I need a new Misto. Would like some paints, books, Appleletters (so I can put it, pearsinpears, and bananagrams in a fruit bowl in my family room), an essential oil diffuser, and my favorite Hermes perfume (Un Jardin sur le Nil).

We are going to disneys Hilton head resort for our first wedding anniversary in February so we agreed to just spend a few bucks on each other and put the rest of the money away for our trip!: D

Our most favorite place in the world!!

My list includes a diffuser for my bedroom, Disney gift cards for our kid free trip in April, pajama pants and my reach gift: the Dooney villains purse (i never ask for expensive presents so this won't happen but it's nice to try)

I am not trying to attack anyone I am truly just curious for the people that want kitchen appliances do you really consider this a gift for yourself? I know that if DH would ever come up with something like that he better have the receipt and a big apology. I don't consider things for the house a gift for me.

I am not trying to attack anyone I am truly just curious for the people that want kitchen appliances do you really consider this a gift for yourself? I know that if DH would ever come up with something like that he better have the receipt and a big apology. I don't consider things for the house a gift for me.

Yeah, I've always felt this way too. If it's something we would have bought anyway then it isn't a gift. My exception to this rule is if he buys me a luxury edition of something that we wouldn't normally buy. For example, if we needed a new set of pots and pans, and I was planning on buying the less expensive cuisinart set and he bought he All-Clad, I would consider the extra luxury a gift because it's something only I would care about, not him. But overall I agree with you- buying stuff you already need sort of feels like a cheat to me, but to each his or her own! : )

Yeah, I've always felt this way too. If it's something we would have bought anyway then it isn't a gift. My exception to this rule is if he buys me a luxury edition of something that we wouldn't normally buy. For example, if we needed a new set of pots and pans, and I was planning on buying the less expensive cuisinart set and he bought he All-Clad, I would consider the extra luxury a gift because it's something only I would care about, not him. But overall I agree with you- buying stuff you already need sort of feels like a cheat to me, but to each his or her own! : )

I agree with the luxury items! I also don't consider clothes a Christmas gift coming from DH unless as you say it is an extra luxury item that I usually wouldn't buy.

The only kitchen item I've received in 10 years is the air fryer I asked for last year. I didn't see this as a necessary item and it was something I wanted. That to me is a gift.

See, it depends. I never want my family to buy me more than 3 gifts, but the kids expect mom to open as many gifts as dad and dad tends to get 6-8 gifts. Rather than having them individually wrap my year's supply of aromatherapy bubble bath (yep, I ask for 12 bottles each year - this is my one indulgence - wonderful hot bubble baths are a priceless thing to me:)), I am happy to get kitchen items we need (and if those items were free from grocery store rewards, even better). Last year, those gifts were paring and utility knives and cutting boards. This year, it should be a new non-stick 12 1/2 inch skillet, and if we get enough stickers, a new stockpot.

My favorite gifts are kitchen gadget/appliances. I could go out and buy them myself (and I do) but dh and the kids know I like cooking so if they get me something for the kitchen it means they know me and exactly what I would like.
Now, if dh bought me a new iron because he wants me to iron his clothes for work he'd find himself sleeping on the couch until after the New Year ;)

I'm a kitchen gadget junkie, so yes, I'd love to receive kitchen stuffs. I've decided I would like some core Le Creuset pieces for my new kitchen but they are $$$. If one appeared under the tree I'd be thrilled because my family was clearly paying attention. I'd also be thrilled with a new stock pot at about a third of the price because again, it shows they were paying attention. I could easily go out any day and buy these things for myself but I don't because I don't really "need" them, they would just be nice to have which IMO is the definition of a gift. One of the best gifts I ever received was a DustBuster the year my twins were born. Many woman would have been furious but I was a happy camper and that thing served me well for nearly ten years before it just wouldn't keep a charge anymore.

We stopped exchanging gifts with extended family probably 15 years ago, families were just getting too big and it was silly buying token gifts just for the sake of buying gifts. DH and I typically do not exchange gifts, we each pick something nice around February as our birthday/anniversary/Valentines/Christmas gift. We got them early this year. Still, occasionally one of us will surprise the other with something under the tree or older DD will pick something up. The younger two are also starting to want to get Mom & Dad gifts so to that end I've made a little Wishlist on Amazon.

Bose QC 35's in silver
Bose Speaker Dock for my end table
Fitbit Charge HR 2 in Special Edition Lavender
Bands for my Fitbit Alta
Taylor Measuring Cup Scale

I have a whole Kitchen List and would be happy with anything from that as well.

I really want an HP Sprocket. I am a long time scrapbooker and these print out the cutest little pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter