What do you use for lost kid contact info?

You can get a dog tag :ssst: made at Walmart or any petshop and attach it to their sneakers or belt loops. One year DD had a Hello Kitty luggage tag attached to her belt loops. Another time we did a lanyard - she did not like having it around her neck all day.

Great idea -- I think we'll do this. I'm afraid of the girls getting a rash from the tattoos. I've got a couple with sensitive skin.

Last trip I did the bracelet with name, resort, phone number, etc. We put them on our boys' ankles so they wouldn't get lost/fall off. My 4yo got separated from us in Epcot (seas, after Nemo and friends, by Bruce - My husband was using the rider swap for soarin' and I had the two kids. 20 month old went one way, 4yo went another... anyway....).
The process went exactly as described above. A CM had him and stood with him where he found him until my running around in desperation found them both (I think another mom actually told me where he was lol). No one called me, the CM didn't look for any tag or bracelet and despite telling my son about it, he didn't tell the CM either. It all worked out fine and he was perfectly safe :) I had planned on doing them again just in case this past trip just for peace of mind in an extreme situation but didn't get around to it. Didn't lose any kiddos this trip, either, so it worked out :)

has anyone ever used a gps locator thingy my friend has lent me one for our trip and i wondered if any one has ever used one?

has anyone ever used a gps locator thingy my friend has lent me one for our trip and i wondered if any one has ever used one?
I was just about to suggest that.... I use a combination of products.
http://www.amazon.com/Trace-Theft-Alert-Tracking-Device-SPOT-TRACE-01/dp/B00H3BTUZA The size of a pager, this device works great to track people outdoors. Toss it in a purse or a backpack. The battery is rated for a few months. It beacons to a satellite every 5 minutes. Does not work well indoors.

Another option is an old phone. Charge up a smartphone and use the "Find My Device" option to track them.

There are also GPS phones from CONCOX. Sadly it does not work with my carrier, so I had to return it.
http://www.amazon.com/tracker-GS503-emergency-tracking-funtion/dp/B00RE3WBVW/ref=sr_1_1

Not just for kids... these devices are great for wandering seniors.

Last edited:
We use the free luggage tags from the airline right at the check in counter. Write your name and number and the resort you are staying at. Then slip it around your child's ankle. Very effective, simple and free.

Grab enough to last your trip in case they get wet!

I bracelets for my two at www.vitalids.com. They have some for older kids and some for younger ones. I wrote in my name and number and our resort. I've heard they can't call you; but I figure at least, especially when it comes to my younger one, they'd already have my name and there'd be no question they could release him to me.

Sparkly sparky, you could go to Walmart/pet store and have the dog collar tags made. We usually write the phone number in their shoe. :)

I think writing it on the magic band is a great idea!!
I "lost" my youngest (when she was 6) at EPCOT! It was so scary! She was straggling around the round pin store right behind Spaceship Earth and when I noticed and back tracked to find her, she was circling the store looking for me. So for 3 minutes we were "chasing" each other around the circular store, not seeing each other. She caught the eye of a cast member who stopped to engage her and check on her, and when we rounded the corner, there she was.
So After that the lesson added to our "Disney Rules" (Try at every bathroom we see, stay within arms length of an adult, no chocolate in your pockets) is "if you get lost. Stand right where you are, and mom will come find you."
I know its obnoxious. But I have an extra iphone that we just activated for her (she's 9 1/2 now) that will be able to keep her in contact with us if something goes wrong, and entertain her while we are waiting, and additionally keep her from asking what we have planned next. But I know that's unreasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter