• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you think you remembered for when you die?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
Just reading about Maradona and what he will be remembered for so just wondering what do you think people will remember you for?

On the DIS it’ll be being single and being one of the few who likes country music.

Hey, now wait a minute-lol! Although I am married,,I am a big fan of country music, so you aren't alone!
I hope that people will remember me as a kind person, a creative person, and someone who tried to take time to stop and 'smell the roses', whenever possible!. And that I will be remembered as a good daughter, good granddaughter, good Mom , and good wife.

I am not sure I will be remembered. I don’t have children, my sister doesn’t have children, so we are the end of the family line. If I am retired, I probably won’t be interacting with a lot of people on a regular basis. So the few people I am acquainted with will probably hear the news, say that’s too bad, and go on with their lives. I would like to be remembered for being kind and making people laugh and enjoy themselves.

I hope I’m remembered for being a good mom, wife, daughter and friend.

In the greater good, I don’t really know. I volunteer and give back, but nothing extraordinary. But I’m ok if I’m not remembered by anybody but my family and close friends.

I am not sure I will be remembered. I don’t have children, my sister doesn’t have children, so we are the end of the family line. If I am retired, I probably won’t be interacting with a lot of people on a regular basis. So the few people I am acquainted with will probably hear the news, say that’s too bad, and go on with their lives. I'd I would like to be remembered for being kind and making people laugh and enjoy themselves.

(Bolding above mine.) I have kids, so have that, but the reality is I think most of the impact we have in this world is "current" not things we are remembered for later. If/when I'm remembered I'd like to be remembered the same way, but mostly I hope that is how I'm known now!

(Bolding above mine.) I have kids, so have that, but the reality is I think most of the impact we have in this world is "current" not things we are remembered for later. If/when I'm remembered I'd like to be remembered the same way, but mostly I hope that is how I'm known now!

I had the chance to really think about it when one of my former co-workers passed away. She had MS and had retired a couple years earlier and moved over to the greater Tampa area where her sister lived. She lived on her own, and when she passed, no one knew for several days. It was very sad. Then the people who worked closely with her for ten years just said, oh, how sad, and nothing.

It really kind of put things in perspective for me, since I am currently living solo and my sister is about an hour and a half away. I told my sister I was going to make sure I texted her once a day, with something funny (she’s been going through a lot of work stress) and I call it my Still Alive and Kicking text. There has been a lot of good texting material between the election and the virus. We have actually had more conversations and laughed a lot, and I hope that is what she would remember if I go first.

I am one that really does not care what other people think and live my life the way I think is best for me and my family. So in a nut shell, I do not give it a thought.

Well, my first instinct was to say I'd be remembered for being the crazy family member that every family seems to have. But on thinking, I really just want people to laugh at a funny story about me or say I was kind. That's all. I won't have a grave to visit; I'm going in with my Mom's ashes, no plaque or anything so in time nobody will even remember I'm there. But yeah, have a laugh on me or at my expense.

I hope to be remembered for being a good mom, a teacher of many thousands of students at home and abroad, my robust laugh, my passion for volunteer work with dogs and elephants, my insatiable travel lust and passports with stamps from every continent (except Antarctica), and for standing tall for what I believe in.

Well, my first instinct was to say I'd be remembered for being the crazy family member that every family seems to have. But on thinking, I really just want people to laugh at a funny story about me or say I was kind. That's all. I won't have a grave to visit; I'm going in with my Mom's ashes, no plaque or anything so in time nobody will even remember I'm there. But yeah, have a laugh on me or at my expense.
:flower3: May I respectfully ask why? I worked in funeral service for a time and I've never heard of anyone being interred anonymously. I'm not critical, just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter