What do you think...Sanaa for lunch?

Thanks for reporting back. I'm looking forward to our Sanaa lunch more than any other meal we have planned for in November.

Just wanted to report back that we went for a late lunch to Sanaa before MNSSHP on 9/9. We loved it!!!! The bread service is probably my favorite dish I've ever gotten on property. Wow! We scored a seat near the window and watched the giraffes walk by several times. It will definitely be a must do on any future trips to the World.

This is exactly what we are doing on our MNSSHP day on 10/13. Can't wait :cool1:

Great to hear! The bread service is delicious. And giraffes are the coolest animals! Sanaa is a fantastic restaurant.

Our Ratings of Sanaa: (*rev 03/13/2014*)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: A
. . . character interaction: B (views of animals on savannah)

Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Indian Style Bread Service, Lamb Kefta
. . . entree:.. Tandoori Lamb, Beef Short Ribs
. . . dessert:. Banana Kulfi Sundae (if not on menu, ask for it from Kid's Menu)

NOTE1: Has good regional African food. Americanized, but definitely more adventurous
than other eateries. The menu is shorter than other table service eateries, the wine list
average, but the quality of the food and presentation are high. An added benefit is the
viewing animals on the Savannah during the meal (for daylight hours). There are eight
window tables and six more with good views. For lunch, try the Lamb Kefta open face
sandwich; for dinner, try the beef and lamb. Don't miss out on the Banana Kulfi Sundae.
We really like the bread appy/sampler, as well as the salad sampler with three salads;
either will feed two people. Be aware that items labeled as "Durban" are highly spiced,
best washed down with cold milk! It is out of the way, but is worth the long drive. This
is only one of the five sit down eateries we patronize at WDW. In our opinion, Sanaa is
better than Jiko or Boma. As a side note, Sanaa changed their "trio dessert" in October
2013. We were not impressed as the previous version. In fact, color us underwhelmed.
As a postscript, they accomodate kids really well.

NOTE2: We prefer the lunch over the dinner.
. . . the fare is a little lighter
. . . the price is better
. . . the appys and salads are the same
. . . the lower number of people eating
. . . the ability to see animals on the savannah

Where can I find more of your restaurant reviews?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter