What do you regret not doing or starting when you were younger ?

I lack 28 credit hours from completing my four year degree. I had my valid reasons for not doing so at the time (working full time and raising a young family) and don't "regret" it because i have always trusted that I make the best decisions I can at the time I make them and do not look back. But it does still sit in the back of my mind.

I now have 2 in college and one entering college in 2 years.

I have thought that once I get some of that behind us, that I might dabble into going back. But I am not sure that I could do the studying anymore...

Learning a foreign language fluently. I was very proficient in Italian through high school when I was in the accelerated honors class, but after graduation I stopped using it so it's all gone now.

Also wish I'd learned to play an instrument. I could read sheet music as a kid when I played the clarinet but after elementary school I dropped band and forgot it all.

I wish I had any clue that I would want to make a career out of working with kids. I also wish I knew that corporate work was not my thing. I majored in PR, but have found myself working in special education for the past 16 years. I wish I had become a speech or occupational therapist, but I had no idea in college what those things were all about. I could go back for a second degree or a teaching credential, but at 53, I feel like that ship has sailed. I could have gone back to school earlier, but with a special needs child of my own, I've never really had the time to focus on school. So I'm a teaching assistant who occasionally picks up a day as a substitute teacher. That will have to do for now.

I wish I had started putting money away for retirement earlier. I didn't get started until 35 due to marital problems and having no money to put away until then

probably like a lot of you, not putting money away in a 401 or something like that, I did, but wish I would of done it earlier and more
That's one thing I don't regret. We lost everything in the downturn of 2008 and had to start over from less-than-zero. Any extra we'd have had would have been swallowed up in the same big, black abyss.

I regret my misspent youth but God's redeemed that time. :goodvibes I wish I'd been more proactive about choosing a career instead of just kind of drifting into the one I have now. I wish we'd had another child, for the sake of the "only" we did have.

I lack 28 credit hours from completing my four year degree. I had my valid reasons for not doing so at the time (working full time and raising a young family) and don't "regret" it because i have always trusted that I make the best decisions I can at the time I make them and do not look back. But it does still sit in the back of my mind.

I now have 2 in college and one entering college in 2 years.

I have thought that once I get some of that behind us, that I might dabble into going back. But I am not sure that I could do the studying anymore...

I lack 30 for similar reasons, and I figure it’s cost me close to 7 figures by now :(

I wish I had gone to grad school and gotten my PhD as I had planned. I put myself through undergrad, and with so many school loans already, I feared the cost of grad school and never went.

I also wish I had traveled more before I had children. I was always so worried about money that I rarely went anywhere.

I’m not sure it’s a regret, but I didn’t become a father until I was in my early 40s. I definitely don’t regret the life I had before my children, and I LOVE having them now, keeping me young, but I do think about the time I will miss with them as adults and potentially with grandchildren.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter