• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you pick up at the grocery store?

smashley

Earning My Ears
DBF and I booked a town car with complimentary grocery stop and since we only have 30 minutes to shop I would like to have ideas of what we need. We'll have a refrigerator in our hotel room. What are some of your must haves? I was thinking bagels, cream cheese, cereal and milk for breakfast. Any other ideas?

We always stay at a DVC resort, so this is what I usually order from Garden Grocer -- I normally bring extra coffee and filters, peanut butter and packs of Crystal Light with us.

skim milk, dozen eggs, orange juice, bagels, bananas, bread, cereal, snacks - Doritos, Goldfish, etc., - Kraft American cheese, donuts, case of Deer Park water, soda, Gatorade (no Pepsi products on-site at WDW!).

We usually buy some cereal, milk, fruit, and granola bars. That way we can eat a quick healthy breakfast before hitting the parks.

We pretty much just buy milk, fruit, yogurt, & cheese. We pack & bring cereal, granola bars, cereal bars, chips, and other snacks that we love.

We always get the following:

Case of bottled water
Breakfast foods (fruit, cereal, milk, donuts)
Salsa and tortilla chips
Cheese and crackers
Cookies
Other snack food (chips, granola bars, etc.)
Wine
Corkscrew (if we forgot to bring one!)
Disposable plates, silverware, cups
Paper towels

Be sure to buy your milk in 1/2 gallon size; a whole gallon will not fit in the mini-fridges in the room.

We usually get a Styrofoam cooler and fill it with ice each day and place it in the bathtub.

(Another good thing to have are Chip Clips or clothespins, to clip closed any bags to keep them from going stale.)

For breakfast, we usually get something like Pop Tarts and dry cereal. (Bagels and bread usually go stale for us if they aren't eaten in the first couple days, but since you'll have a fridge, you will probably be able to keep them, if you want to waste the fridge space on them, that is...)

For snacks, it's usually a bag or two of chips (Pringles are good, since they are self-contained, and you don't need to worry as much about them going stale... also great for transporting) Also, a bag of cookies.

Of course, we have at least a 12-pack of soda for the times we don't feel like walking to refill our mugs. A gallon of water is recommended, unless you LIKE the taste of Florida water...

We also buy beer (for the DH) and wine (Franzia... no corkscrew necessary!) for me, since it's cheaper at times to drink in your room or by the pool than to pay for WDW liquor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter