What do you need to pre-book on FoS

kngtrtn

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

We are doing FoS in June 2015, have late seating for dining in the MDR and do not plan to do specialty locations.

What if anything should I be looking to pre-reserve on the ship? Any shows or such that need pre-booking?

When does RCCL let you book excursions?

Hi All!

We are doing FoS in June 2015, have late seating for dining in the MDR and do not plan to do specialty locations.

What if anything should I be looking to pre-reserve on the ship? Any shows or such that need pre-booking?

When does RCCL let you book excursions?
Assuming nothing changes in dry dock, the ice show is the only show that you should reserve ahead of time.

As far as excursions, just keep checking. We were on Freedom in June of this year and were able to book excursions in January (right after we booked the ship).

Whenever it comes up, book it. Their site is just as bad as Disney's, in that their IT department is apparently paid in cashews (unsalted, so there's not much fun in it) and they seem to be paid by the frustrated phone call. :) Therefore, I don't think anyone can give you exact info on how many days out, or after you've PIF, etc etc. What works today might not work tomorrow.

The ice show might sound cheesy right now, but it's actually quite good. And I really really recommend going ice skating while on board (you need long pants and socks for it!), not just becuase it's great exercise and a LOT of fun even if you're just hanging on to the side...but also because it gives you a greater sense of what the skaters are dealing with while doing a *show* on a moving ship! :)

With Royal you pay for excursions and drinks packages etc as you book them, so you don't actually have to be paid in full to book them. It's a pain to pay like that, but then...you have a lower bill at the end of your cruise, so that's nice.

Yup, Ice show is about it. And don't wait on excursions, they fill up fast. If you have any must do's book them early. Or better yet book from a offsite company. We usually do about 30% cruise sponsored tours and 70% book on our own. We have only ever been disappointed by cruise tours and never by the ones we self book.
Oh and I just thought of something else. If you want to do the All Access tour (well worth the expensive price tag) that fills up fast too so book that as soon as it opens up.

How do you book dining reservations, shows, and excursions? Is there a special website or is it right on the RCI website?

How do you book dining reservations, shows, and excursions? Is there a special website or is it right on the RCI website?

If you haven't started listening to it the the Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast has great information about FOS and RC in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter