What do you look forward to THE MOST at Thanksgiving dinner?

For me it's the stuffing. Mine is pretty good, but if I am going "home" my mother and or my Aunt make THE BEST stuffing I have ever had. I am headed to Maine today and so looking forward to getting ready for the big day! We only have turkey once a year and this is it!

Where are you headed? Inquiring Mainers want to know!

My favorite Thanksgiving food is probably green bean casserole, followed by stuffing with gravy. If we are guests for the holiday meal and there isn't any green bean casserole, I will make it at home, just for us. My favorite part of Thanksgiving Day is being crammed into a kitchen with too many other women, all of whom I love, working together to get an amazing meal on the table. However, if I had to pick one very favorite thing, above all else, it'd be the LEFTOVERS!! Nothing like a sliced turkey sandwich on white bread, layered with stuffing and cranberry sauce, with plenty of mayo. I live all year for that sandwich!!

My mom always makes an amazing butternut squash. I load up on that and the stuffing!

Cornbread dressing is definitely the highlight of the meal. Never wet, yucky stuffing. We like a pan of dressing that can be cut into bread like squares.

We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday. Good food, good company, & for me spirits since I rarely drink.

On Thanksgiving Day, watching the parade and dog show. DH works so me making TnT for the kids aka tuna and tots and making holiday chicken salad for me & DH has become our tradition.

To be honest not much.
Thanksgiving is just not a huge deal to me and I think its because I grew up going to Disney during Thanksgiving so we were in the parks and I ate whatever I wanted because I don't really care for turkey dinner.
When we came home my grandparents would have us over for a turkey dinner but it was never a big to do like it probably would have been if we did it ON Thanksgiving.
My parents have always saved the big turkey dinner for Christmas.
In fact my parents just left for Florida yesterday and won't be back for a couple weeks.
For the last few years my sister and I have been going over to my other sister's house were we have brunch.
Basically some breakfast foods plus some dinner foods and some snack foods and we eat throughout the day and just hang out.
I like this because its a variety of food and not very formal.

My mom's southern cornbread dressing & sweet potato casserole (the one w/ the pecan & brown sugar topping) & my mashed potatoes & gravy

I'll also add that I am a big fan of Thanksgiving night, if we've hosted the holiday. I love the feeling of having the kitchen cleaned up, furniture back where it belongs, peace descending over my home. I settle onto the couch with one last sliver of pie and glass of port, put my feet up and glow, knowing that I've just had an amazing time with those who are my nearest and dearest.

Food: The stuffing cooked inside the bird. It's my grandfather's recipe, and it is sooo good. This year we are going out though - college kids' choice.

Other: Having my two college kids home!!!!!

For non-food, it’s wearing jeans and watching the dog show, while DH also wears casual clothing and watches football. Growing up my parents were very formal at Thanksgiving- good China, silver, dress up, etc.

I always look forward to turkey and gravy. We don't eat much turkey during the year so it feels like a treat. After a big dinner with family, we go to the movies. After the movie, we go to a little cafe by the movie theater for coffee/hot chocolate and some desserts (we don't eat dessert after Thanksgiving dinner because we are always too full.)

Count me in with the folks who don't really care for the whole turkey dinner thing (or Christmas). I would much rather have ham or pulled pork or pretty much any other non traditional thing.

DH's aunt's mac n cheese. People fight over it! :rotfl2: DH's nephew and I always fight over the last piece of Lemon Meringue pie. MIL also makes an amazing pecan pie.

I like after dinner when the conversation really gets buzzing and the laughter seems more and more frequent for whatever reason. It may also have something to do with the fact that I start to relax a bit more and quit worrying there will be a turkey disaster or something else that will lead to a house full of hungry guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter