• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do to make your resort room nicer

Nothing. The rooms are fine as is, for us. We travel light...or at least try to.

For me, the biggest thing is keeping the room organized. I loved the idea of the person who has a little bin for things like watches, MBs, wallets, loose change, etc. at the end of the day, because I find they tend to congregate on nightstands, or on the tv stand etc. I will be doing this on our next trip. As long as our stay is longer than one night, we "unpack," and put the suitcases away. It immediately makes the room feel bigger. I think that as far as decoration, the rooms are done nicely, and personally am not a fan of those who decorate their windows for everyone to see. Disney puts a lot of effort into theming their resorts, both outside an inside, and (again, personal opinion here), I don't care to see lights, decals, etc. interrupting the aesthetic of the resort.
I do like the hand soap idea though, as that's always a complaint of ours, and find that the bar soap is somewhat unsanitary.

I always pack a couple of rolls of the toilet paper we like from home. Hate to sound too precious, but Disney tp is a little too rough for us :).

Plus those a couple of those solid air fresheners with the pull up tops in a scent we haven't tried before. That way when we get home, the scent of that air freshener reminds us of the trip. You can often find pump liquid hand soap in similar scents as well.

The Bath & Body Works soap is a great idea! Something about that hotel bar soap that just doesn't do it for me when washing hands.

We usually bring a small pack of Lysol wipes and give the room o good "once over" with those when we check in. Door knobs, sink top and faucet, and yes....I'll say it.... the toilet. Are we germiphobes? You all can be the judge of that. But that's my story and I'm stickin' to it:D

You are not alone, I also bring lysol wipes and everyone laughs at me. I am sorry if I am the one behind you on the plane wiping everything down :smooth: Love the idea of bringing Bath & Body soap, I also take a sponge and soak it in really soapy water then let it dry, cut it up and take it with me in a ziplock bag. I use it to wash out our mugs.

I have started to pack my cloths in packing cubes which is great, the biggest one will fit my shirts on hangers in it and then I can pull them out and just hang them up in the closet.

You are not alone, I also bring lysol wipes and everyone laughs at me. I am sorry if I am the one behind you on the plane wiping everything down :smooth: Love the idea of bringing Bath & Body soap, I also take a sponge and soak it in really soapy water then let it dry, cut it up and take it with me in a ziplock bag. I use it to wash out our mugs.

re: the sponges. Bounty makes paper towels that have Dawn dish detergent built into them. I bring a sack full of those!

Large laundry basket for dirty clothes, clothes pins to hang swimsuits or anything that gets wet on the line in the shower, comforter from home for our bed because I get is always cold at night. We don't care for the Joffrey's coffee, so we bring a french press or an Aeropress and an electric tea kettle to heat the water. Coffee creamer because we don't do the powdered stuff.

For the value resorts: our own pillows to make those small double bed more tolerable, soft tissue paper for our sensitive honkers, and because I've yet to find a decent compact coffee maker, a smallish kettle just to heat water (for tea or coffee (Folgers makes coffee in tea bags)). Considering a small microwave to do quick hot breakfasts in the room, but travel size just don't exist. I enjoy the hotel soaps, so I don't try to plus those.

Some trips we bring things, some we don't, it also depends who's going, and what we have planned. When there were 4 girls and we were doing 4 MNSSHP with different costumes, we brought a lot more stuff to help keep clutter clear!
-Over the door shoe organizer for toiletries/makeup
-Extra hangers for nicer dresses/costumes
-Window decals
-A write up of all the plans for the day to put on the wall
-Pop up laundry hampers (or at least a plastic bag to put dirties in)
-Ipod speakers
-Wall plug that has multiple plugs in it or a power bar so you can all plug in your electronics

I'm in the nothing category, but reading through this thread there are a few ideas I would consider (except the candle, open flame sounds like a big no-no)

I have to agree with the open flame being a no no, I know its strictly prohibited on the cruise ships I have been on (Carnival x 25, Holland America x 2). I have yet to find a candle that puts out enough scent to make me happy and the fear of fire would make me not want to take a chance in a hotel. I love my little battery powered tea lights and even have some larger "candles" that are battery operated that we bring when we are driving to a destination.

We brought a small candle(didn't light it just left it open), a pop up hamper from the dollar store to put dirty laundry in, liquid hand soap, clorox wipes, and ziplock bags to put the remote in so we don't have to touch it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter