What do you do to make your luggage stand out on the belt?

Since we use DME luggage service on arrival this only applies to when we leave WDW for home. Was thinking about saving a few of the dozens of WDW plastic shopping bags that always collect in our resort room and tying one in a knot around each luggage handle. One way to repurpose those bags! LOL Anyone ever do this?

We have purple yarn around every handle on each suitcase and everyone has both a luggage tag that is either a favorite sports team or some other interest along with the Disney luggage tag. And it helps that 1 of the suitcases is green and another is purple.

Last edited:
I make large Pom poms out of yarn (in Mickey colors) and tie to the handle.
oooh This is a cute idea! I don't have any yarn but I KNOW I have black, red and yellow ribbons leftover from DD's dresses and costumes I've made over the years!! My DS's wd probably be OK with Mickey colors!

We have cute ribbons that have Disney Font with our family name on. Plus they are always the last ones off the plane, broken and with my under garments all over the belt...
Waiting at the luggage/baggage claim carousel in 2001, we got our sons' luggage and my wife's luggage rather quickly. I kept waiting on mine and seen some clothing that looked familiar in a garbage bag on the carousel. I said to my wife, and I quote, "It would s#ck being that person." Little did I know, I was that person. Then I see what is left of my suitcase. The Delta rep came over and asked if I was Mr. Morris...must have seen the look of angst on my face that set me apart from the other travelers. She says, and I quote, "There has been some damage to your luggage." I respond, "Damage heck, it is destroyed." I got a new suitcase and a $500 voucher from Delta.

I snap the ugliest piece of hot pink faux fur that you have ever seen on the top handle. Then I put my ancient yellow plastic Magic Kingdom Club tag on the side handle. Never had a problem.

Bought a red hardcase and I use a brightly colored gummy luggage tag. Most luggage is black, so I have decided my checked bags need to be not black. I have one in soft side in green and grey and the red bag. The rest of mine are carryons, so they are with me and it doesn't matter.

we did this: http://imgur.com/sErNOKd

there's hot pink spray paint or fabric paint on every side. we've NEVER had our bags forgotten, misplaced, or accidentally grabbed since. we always can tell ours are coming down the chute because the looks on peoples faces changes.

My guys put patterned and colored duct tape on the bottom and sides of their boring, black luggage. I got a Minnie Mouse red and white polka dot suitcase for Mother's Day. You can easily see it from Mars. It embarrasses the hell out of the teenagers, which makes it worth it's weight in gold to me!
We do this too. Make a giant X with bright colored duct tape on both sides.

Waiting at the luggage/baggage claim carousel in 2001, we got our sons' luggage and my wife's luggage rather quickly. I kept waiting on mine and seen some clothing that looked familiar in a garbage bag on the carousel. I said to my wife, and I quote, "It would s#ck being that person." Little did I know, I was that person. Then I see what is left of my suitcase. The Delta rep came over and asked if I was Mr. Morris...must have seen the look of angst on my face that set me apart from the other travelers. She says, and I quote, "There has been some damage to your luggage." I respond, "Damage heck, it is destroyed." I got a new suitcase and a $500 voucher from Delta.

Oh my! I hope they gave you the compensation you asked for! Sounds like ours. I had to do a pretend removal of my surgeons hat and call the time of death on the suitcase ...

we bought 3 Samsonite cases at a sale years ago, reduced from $200 to $75 each case, and they are in a extremely bright turquoise blue...I've yet to see anything like them in all our travels..lol...They stick out like a sore thumb on the conveyor belt..

I have hand painted my three initials on every side of both my checked bag and my carry on. I use bright glow-in-the-dark yellow paint, and the initials are at least 4 inches high. This means my initials are on my bags 6 times! In some ways, my luggage looks like I de-faced it, but it has never been lost or stolen. The paint glows so well that in my resort room I have to throw a towel over it at night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter