What do you call this grocery shopping holding device?

What do you call this grocery shopping holding device?

• Cart

Votes: 181 85.0%
  • Trolley

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Buggy

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • other

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters

Shopping cart. In some word search books, it is sometimes called a trolley. I have always associated a trolley with a vehicle. Different way to describe in this case one handy invention for shopping!

I call it a cart, like where I grew up, but it's mixed where I live now, so I hear both cart and carriage (or once in a great while, buggy).

I’m from Pittsburgh and call it a buggy. As do most people I know. To be honest I didn’t know it was a southern thing. I just figured it was a northern thing since a lot of people around here call them buggies.

I’m from Pittsburgh and call it a buggy. As do most people I know. To be honest I didn’t know it was a southern thing. I just figured it was a northern thing since a lot of people around here call them buggies.
Maybe certain parts of Pittsburgh, not in the northern suburbs where I lived for 35 years. We never said gumbands or yinz either! Perhaps because it is a more transient area with people from other places? Definitely not a northern thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter