What do U Celebrate when going to Disney?

I usually tell them nothing at this time, but my husband always says I should say something off the wall like I am celebrating getting out of jail or something to that effect

Why can't you just be happy to be at WDW. I will not congratulate you just for aging into kindergarten. Millions of kids do that every year.

that's kind of mean, don't you think ? :confused3

If you look at life like it's a gift, perhaps every day should be celebrated. It's not always the HUGE EVENTS in life that should be celebrated. Sometimes it's the tiny ones. I'll bet while getting into kindergarten isn't that big a deal to you, it's probably monumental to the OP's daughter. And the OP is probably not looking for YOU to congratulate her DD, perhaps she just wants her daughter to feel like her accomplishment IS special. And you know what ? It IS special and it IS important and shows what a great mom she is for wanting to make a big deal of it. :love:

Maybe if you look around at the little things in YOUR life, you'll realize that tiny things should be appreciated and celebrated. Be thankful for life, and celebrate it. If you've ever been through a fight for life with someone with cancer, you realize that it is NOT the big things in life that should be celebrated and appreciated. It's every single tiny little thing. :goodvibes Okay, rant over.

that's kind of mean, don't you think ? :confused3

If you look at life like it's a gift, perhaps every day should be celebrated. It's not always the HUGE EVENTS in life that should be celebrated. Sometimes it's the tiny ones. I'll bet while getting into kindergarten isn't that big a deal to you, it's probably monumental to the OP's daughter. And the OP is probably not looking for YOU to congratulate her DD, perhaps she just wants her daughter to feel like her accomplishment IS special. And you know what ? It IS special and it IS important and shows what a great mom she is for wanting to make a big deal of it. :love:

Maybe if you look around at the little things in YOUR life, you'll realize that tiny things should be appreciated and celebrated. Be thankful for life, and celebrate it. If you've ever been through a fight for life with someone with cancer, you realize that it is NOT the big things in life that should be celebrated and appreciated. It's every single tiny little thing. :goodvibes Okay, rant over.

:thumbsup2

This next trip (4 days :cool1:) we're celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and my birthday. We got married on my birthday. :)

My husband and I plan to celebrate our 20 yr anniv in 2015. We spent our honeymoon in WDW in 1995, so it only seems right. :goodvibes

Why can't you just be happy to be at WDW. I will not congratulate you just for aging into kindergarten. Millions of kids do that every year.

ilovemk76 - I didn't ask for negativity. The ? was what do people celebrate other than birthdays or anniversaries.

Thanks for all the replies.

I agree with a previous poster, every time I call Disney they ask what are you celebrating and we really aren't celebrating anything other than having a great vacation with my family. They kind of make you feel like you should be celebrating something

we go the same week in Sept every year it is dd's birthday week (she turns 15 this year) and anniversary for dh and I ... 18 years this year not the same day ours is the 15th hers is the 18th. my younger two have never been on their birthday but they don't seem to feel left out (middle dd's birthday is always testing week at school and ds is too close to the end of year testing. so they know why we can't go on their birthdays)

We usually celebrate our anniversary (last Friday) and our son's bday (aug 30. he'll be 18). But he won't be with us this trip, he is at Marine boot camp. (Yes it's ok he's not going. He has a trip planned for him & his friends after boot camp so that's what he will celebrate) I told my other 3 kids to pick an ADR and they get to celebrate their bdays.

We usually celebrate our anniversary (last Friday) and our son's bday (aug 30. he'll be 18). But he won't be with us this trip, he is at Marine boot camp. (Yes it's ok he's not going. He has a trip planned for him & his friends after boot camp so that's what he will celebrate) I told my other 3 kids to pick an ADR and they get to celebrate their bdays.

That's my birthday!! :wizard: Happy 18th to your son!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter