What can you take on rides that use lockers?

I am the non rider in the group, so my family just leaves all their gear with me and I sit in the shade if I can find it and wait.

The small lockers are free at any rides that do not allow you to carry items on. You can pay to upgrade to a larger locker, for a locker at the water rides, or for multi-use lockers at the front of the parks.

The small lockers are free at any rides that do not allow you to carry items on. You can pay to upgrade to a larger locker, for a locker at the water rides, or for multi-use lockers at the front of the parks.
thanks!

If I wear a fanny pack I can take it on every ride except Hulk and RRR.....you can take it on FJ too. As long it’s the three prong clasp type and it doesn’t interfere with the harness in any way, it’s fine......

I have a Kipling Multiple......holds a fair amount......

My park bag is a (now discontinued) crossbody that converts to a "waist pack" with a 3 prong clasp. It was allowed on everything we rode including FJ (we didn't try the big coasters). I just had to change the strap and move it around my waist. My hubby and sons typically wear hiking pants / shorts with heavy duty velcro pocket closures for their phones / wallets.

How does this work? Do the CMs see that you're wearing a waist bag and just let you through, or do you have to show that it's a three prong clasp?

How does this work? Do the CMs see that you're wearing a waist bag and just let you through, or do you have to show that it's a three prong clasp?

I got in the line for Gringotts with the bag on as a cross body and had to show the attendant that it converted. It's pretty obvious if the clasp is 3 prong - they are usually plastic and have a specific shape. This is very different from the convertibles that use a metal marine clasp or some other "slide the hook / connector piece" clasp that hooks most of the wristlet style convertibles.

Rip Ride Rocket & Hulk.
It's a short list.

Thank goodness that DC (DD) isn't part of that list anymore. It's was more of a hassle and wait for a locker / go through the metal detectors than the queue for the ride itself. However, it might still be the case with Hagrid's coaster with all the things they're talking about for the ride, but I'm sure if they do make lockers, they'd at least have triple the amount they previously had.

How do you pay for your locker if you go over your time and your wallet is in the locker?

Depends on whether it's on purpose, or due to other unseen circumstances.

If it's due to the queue becoming longer than anticipated, or a delay within the ride normally that is determined in the time with the locker and you're able to retrieve your items. There is also added time for you getting off the ride even if it's business as usual, which is probably done in case you do shop in the gift shop that the ride leads you into, or you struggle, or have to wait for your locker. Also, there is ride / locker attendants so I'm sure if you explain your situation and have a good enough excuse, they'll let your locker open depending how much time has lapsed.

If it's done on purpose... I'm not sure. I do not think they'll literally not unlock your locker which has your wallet in it. That's a pretty essential item. There might be another way that once you retrieve your wallet that you pay another way.

My park bag is a (now discontinued) crossbody that converts to a "waist pack" with a 3 prong clasp. It was allowed on everything we rode including FJ (we didn't try the big coasters). I just had to change the strap and move it around my waist. My hubby and sons typically wear hiking pants / shorts with heavy duty velcro pocket closures for their phones / wallets.

That sounds like something I could use for my trip to Universal. Any chance you know the exact "name" of your bag or could give me a link to it?

That sounds like something I could use for my trip to Universal. Any chance you know the exact "name" of your bag or could give me a link to it?

Try the Kipling Multiple.......

It has the three prong clasp and converts to a shoulder bag. I’ve had them for years and they do hold just about enough......

We don’t carry a lot with us, but it holds sun screen and glasses, usual little bits and bobs........and is fine for rides that allow bags.

Mine is the Overland Equipment Bayliss Bag, which is bigger than the Kipling bag. It holds an amazing amount of stuff and it's organized as all get out. I still occasionally see them on ebay (I'm not keen on the color of mine, but it was a clearance color when I got my bag and the price was right).

https://www.rei.com/product/786592/overland-equipment-bayliss-shoulder-bag-womens

I just need something to put my glasses in since I have lanyards. Unfortunately, I have to continuously switch from sunglasses to regular. Any ideas?

Mine is the Overland Equipment Bayliss Bag, which is bigger than the Kipling bag. It holds an amazing amount of stuff and it's organized as all get out. I still occasionally see them on ebay (I'm not keen on the color of mine, but it was a clearance color when I got my bag and the price was right).

https://www.rei.com/product/786592/overland-equipment-bayliss-shoulder-bag-womens

I use an Overland Pixley at Universal which is smaller than the Bayless, and sadly also discontinued! Yesterday I ordered a fanny pack from Everlane which looks bigger than my Pixley but still pretty cute :) Some days I will go bagless but depending upon what I’m wearing I may not have pockets secure enough for my phone and sunglasses.

https://www.everlane.com/products/womens-street-nylon-fanny-pack-darkgreycrosshatch

I just need something to put my glasses in since I have lanyards. Unfortunately, I have to continuously switch from sunglasses to regular. Any ideas?
You may want to consider getting those little clip on sunglasses that attach to your regular glasses. Makes it easy to pop the sunglass portion off and into a pocket, rather than carrying both full size pairs around.

You may want to consider getting those little clip on sunglasses that attach to your regular glasses. Makes it easy to pop the sunglass portion off and into a pocket, rather than carrying both full size pairs around.

Never thought of that before. You are brilliant, thanks!

My roommate forgot her prescription sunglasses when we flew down. She ended up finding that those chincy clip-ons worked out better than carrying around the extra pair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter