What brand of dishwasher do you have and do you love it?

usd2bmd

DIS Veteran
So right before we left on our WDW trip our dishwasher died. So we are shopping for a new one and I want to hear others opinions about the one that you have and whether you like it or not.

We currently have a Kenmore Elite and I wasn't very happy with it. The mother board started on fire about two years ago. Luckily my daughter was home and turned it off and it didn't burn my house down. (we also now never run the appliances when we aren't home)

We have had other issues with it so when the heat circuit malfunctioned before we left we decided that we would just replace it. we have probably put too much money into it already, but that's a different story.

We looked at a Kitchenaid last night but I am just not sure.

So tell me your stories; the good, the bad and the ugly about your dishwasher. TIA

I have a Bosch, have had it for 14 years now with absolutely no issues. Have never had a service call or any sort of maintenance.

We have a broken Kitchenaide at the moment, in need of replacing, so will be watching responses here.

To its credit, it worked for a family of 8 for about 8 years, and was much abused by kids loading, unloading, slamming door, excessive button-pressing, and more. I probably can't expect the same longevity in appliances as those serving smaller households.

I have had a Bosch for 3 years and I love it. It's probably one of their least expensive models but it gets my dishes cleaner than any other dishwasher I have had.

We had to replace our dishwasher about 2-3 years ago. We bought a Bosch. We've loved it. We got one with foldable racks and the 3rd drawer. We love love love the 3rd drawer. With a 3 kids we have cups with lids that always go up there and I also put our cooking/serving spoons. I was indifferent to the drawer and we literally paid $200 more for the next model up with that 3rd drawer being the difference. My husband was adamant about having it and he was right. Love it! I thought we'd use the foldable racks a lot more than we do.

ETA: Link to one with 3rd row. That gray thing in you see at the top is the little small drawer for silverware, tops, small things. http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Last edited:
We have a GE. Not sure of the model, but we don't care for it. It looks nice (stainless) but we don't think it gets the dishes very clean and we have had more than one instance of the soap dispenser not opening during the cycle.

My parents have had a Jenn-Air dishwasher for something like 15 years and they love it. Still works as good as it did the day they got it, with little maintenance.

Frigidaire and it doesn't work well. It's loud and things don't get clean. I don't recommend.

Frigidaire and it doesn't work well. It's loud and things don't get clean. I don't recommend.
Same here. My Frigidaire is probably 10 years old and I have to completely clean everything before putting it in the dishwasher, which is pretty much only good for rinsing.

Fisher and Paykel. Love it - no issues at all. I think we've had it for about 8 years now.

Years ago I had a Hot Point and thought it was all but useless.

These days I have a brand of dishwasher called "Turn the Page." It's very inefficient, complains a lot, and maintenance costs are high. I wouldn't recommend that particular brand.

Had a Bosch for around 12 years it went bad about a year ago
and went back with the same brand.

I wish I could afford a Bosch, but I don't see that happening. Our 3 year old Kenmore Elite died after only 3 years. We replaced it 2 years ago with a Whirlpool Gold series. It's worked well, its quiet, and I really like the steel interior.

I wish I could afford a Bosch, but I don't see that happening. Our 3 year old Kenmore Elite died after only 3 years. We replaced it 2 years ago with a Whirlpool Gold series. It's worked well, its quiet, and I really like the steel interior.
Why? Lots of people have problems with those. A buddy owns an appliance repair company and said he would never recommend one. He likes the fact that he makes money repairing them.

Because our repairman recommended it over several other makes/models in the same price range. I've been very happy with it and (so far) have had no problems. Or were you referring to Bosch?

Under no circumstances should you buy a Samsung. Ours died about 13 month after we got it. We were so disgusted that rather than repairing it, we bought a new one. Went with Kitchen Aid and so far, so good!

I have a Bosch, have had it for 14 years now with absolutely no issues. Have never had a service call or any sort of maintenance.

I've had occasion to be around a couple of Bosch machines over the past few months, they were so quiet. Made a mental note: When it's time to replace, we're going with Bosch.

I have a Samsung with stainless interior. It works well, but takes forever to do a load, even on Quick Load. Unlike the previous poster, ours has worked for over three years and still going (knock on wood). Our previous one was a GE.

I have a Bosch, year old. I really like it. It washes really well and is incredibly quiet. But drying? Nope, it doesn't. I have to use the sanitize cycle, then leave it closed for a few hours.
Evidently they don't have heater units, and use condensation to dry. Very efficient, but I find myself drying some things by hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter