• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What bargain have you bought lately?

wishesuponastar

DIS Veteran
Today, DD17 and I went to Goodwill. She found 2 men’s shirts for $5 each. She wanted men’s dressy shirts. I came home and showed them to hubby and he was impressed at the good quality.

Not exactly a thing, but a trip. I booked a two week trip months ago to Mexico for my husband and I. I happened to noticed (while researching a trip for another couple) that the price seemed to have drop. So, I repriced what my package would cost, and it was about $475 cheaper. Now, I had put a deposit down of $400, and when I read the website (Delta Vacations) it seemed to say that I *could* cancel, but would lose my deposit. Well, I'd still save $75 so why not? But, I wanted to make sure there were no hidden cancellation fees that I'd be hit with, so I called them, explained my plan, and said "can I do this?" The representative, who was friendly as can be, said "well, I can't rebook the airfare for you, but lets see about the hotel in your package....oh! it looks like it's $680 cheaper than before....want me to rebook?" OMG yes! I was one happy camper. That's pretty significant savings. Everything exactly the same...same room category, same flights, etc, but just cheaper. Score. And, I will add that I'm even a more firmly committed Delta flyer than before. :-)

I couldn't find dress shirts that fit my arms and shoulders anywhere. The only option I could find was at Destination XL. $77 for one shirt that would fit my arms, but then had to be tailored down in the stomach area.
Just before giving in, I gave one last search and found shirts that fit perfectly at KC Pennies for $12 each! I felt like I won the lottery, and am now finally comfortable in my clothes.

Oh, and I booked spring break flights for my family of four for $1700. That sounds expensive until you consider that later in the day that I booked them, the same flights were going for $2800. A few hours saved me over $1000.

Brooks Brother's - a couple of pairs of their REALLY nice men's shorts for 80% off (originally 79.90) and a ladies dress for 80% off (originally 99.90).

I bought my first name brand purse. :rolleyes1 It was on clearance, on sale for 70% off with an additional 20% off because it was on clearance. :thumbsup2 Still WAY more than I normally would pay for a purse but I really liked it and was on vacation at the time so decided to splurge. :laughing:

Darn, some of these are really good. I’m a huge bargain hunter, and my family knows it. I recently hit some clearance at TJ Maxx and got 4-packs of the body poof sponges for $1 each, normally $4 each. Stashed those away to add to Christmas gifts of body wash from B&BW. Also got cute cold/hot pack bags, the old fashioned kind with the round twist open top, for $2 each. Added those to the gift stash. And, DH found some great work shirts from Belk for $12 each. He got 4, for basically the price of 1.

A grater for $.90

I've been looking for one like this (it's an old style one that isn't made any longer). I've only been able to find them at antiques places (for like $8.00, no thank you).

Just happened to see this one in a thrift store near Pismo Beach last week and snatched it up. Brand new looking, too.

DH needed some exterior paint to redo our mailbox post. While he was browsing at Lowes, I went to the area that has the mismatch paint. I found a quart of paint in a dark brown that was originally $26 for $3. He was very happy with my bargain

A grater for $.90

I've been looking for one like this (it's an old style one that isn't made any longer). I've only been able to find them at antiques places (for like $8.00, no thank you).

Just happened to see this one in a thrift store near Pismo Beach last week and snatched it up. Brand new looking, too.

Picture? Please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter