What Attraction needs to be updated or overhauled the most?

Definitely Space Mountain. This is the ride that disapointed me the most, especially having ridden the one at DL. This is one ride I would miss next time I visit unless it was redone. And its my favourite ride at DL.

i think that the mexico ride should go back as well, i don't think it's as informational as it used to be..but it keeps kids occupied i guess.

i also think that the jungle cruise could be changed a bit, and indiana jones taken out.

:dancer: :dancer:

I know it isn't really a ride/attraction, but how about the EPCOT monorail station? It is the 1950s "futuristic" view of the year 2000, or 8 years ago!! It is really run down, not futuristic at all, and just awful! OK, maybe not awful, but it is in serious need of an overhaul!

Mostly all of those rides that are inside in the dark...lol
We were just there and I was like ***?? Peter Pan was the worse. Ride sounded all creeky. It was just OLD!! Too much technology today and Disney has tooooooooooo much money for these rides to not be updated with some modern technology. Maybe they need to close the park for a year and just get busy. I know it would be well worth it.

Jungle Cruise
Not Spaceship Earth it was just refurbed (I want the old Spaceship Earth back)! :sad2:

Stitch, It's horrible..........kind of "lame".......
It's NOT a classic some of the others.......
NEVER get rid of Hall or Presidents, no way.......
Love the Jungle Cruise, especially when you have a private tour, after a private tour & host, you will gain a new love for this classic attraction...
Spaceship Earth is wonderful, still love it...so do my kids.....
Astro Orbitor can go IMO.......
BUT, remember, for those who save every penny to go to WDW once in their lifetime, it's ALL Magical, don't change anything.......let them experience all the timeless culture & imagination that Walt dreamed of....

I NEVER want them to change anything! It's classic Disney!
I know the Stitch ride is considered cheesy but me and my kids are the BIGGEST Stitch fans there are. It's HIS ride so we love it! Plus I love, love love the Stitch gift shop. Half of DD's souvs come from there!

Mostly all of those rides that are inside in the dark...lol
We were just there and I was like ***?? Peter Pan was the worse. Ride sounded all creeky. It was just OLD!! Too much technology today and Disney has tooooooooooo much money for these rides to not be updated with some modern technology. Maybe they need to close the park for a year and just get busy. I know it would be well worth it.

I agree about Peter Pan, but since it's my nephew's favorite, I'd hope they'd update it not replace it with something new - like Stitch ;)

however,

close the park for a year :eek: I think I just fainted!

I love all the old classic rides, but a *lot* need to be repainted, and technology updated. Instead of a painted ball for a moon and some tinfoil for volcanos in Peter Pan, (for ex) why don't they make a hologram moon and real erupting volcanos? Keep the same storylines, just make them more believably breathtaking and more advanced?

The whole of Mickey's Toontown/Starland/Birthdayland and whatever else it has been called since it's inception leaves me quite blah! Minnie's house is OK since it is a little more interactive, but Mickey's house . . . :snooty: Wait! Goofy's Barnstormer is a great ride, but the rest is :bored: . You'd think with it being MICKEY'S neighborhood that it would be a little more exciting.

In Epcot I wish they would give every country a ride. The movies just don't do it for me. Even the Mexico ride is mildly entertaining and gives that pavillion more appeal than non-ride country pavillions. Norway rocks!

Hollywood Studios needs to yank Sounds Dangerous. And I don't know why, but the Backlot Tour seems to have lost a lot of appeal since I was a kid (Honey I Shrunk the Kids era). Don't anyone touch that Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground, though. That is a stroke of genius, and my kids LOVED it without being familar with the film.

The only time I have ever been to Animal Kingdom, it seemed pretty good. It just needs to expand IMO.

I am amazed after reading this thread. It started in 2006 and since then I think 4 or 5 of the rides continuously mentioned have undergone some sort of rennovation in the past couple years. Maybe Disney read it and took it to heart. Peter Pan was reworked (paint and such), Spaceship Earth has been re-vamped (maybe, haven't ridden it yet), and a couple others I know have been redone or gotten rid of. Way to go Disney!

I think anything that a has a newer movie out could be updated:

Redo or update

Indy
Star Tours
Country Bears (desperate need)
Speedway (Cars Theme)
Honey I Shrunk (totally 80's)
Muppets

Demo--What were they thinking?????

Sounds Dangerous
Narnia
Backlot Tours

My DS's friend was in MK last week and as the got of the Stitch Great Escape ride CM's were there to ask them questions about the ride. He was under the impression that they may do away with it based on the surveys and what everyone had to say about it. Most people said it was just 'ok" or that they didn't care for it. We LOVE Stitch! If they do away with this one, they MUST put him somewhere else! lol...

I think that with Midway Mania they are going to need to redo Buzz lightyear. I would like to see them redo Imagination to be more Figment, and I would love to see them jsut clean up the TTA, the few images you see are the same as they have been for ten years something new would be nice.

I was struck by how old and dated HISTA has become. I remember it being top of the line and very relevant, but now I'm going to bet that most of the kids today haven't even heard of the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids movies. They definitely need to do something different there. (Perhaps they should have worked on that one instead of the Imagination debaucle.... ;))

I agree that Disney has updated the rides that needed it the most. It's been great that they've updated the "classic" attractions like Haunted Mansion and Pirates with the "plus it" mentality, as opposed to gutting the rides. On the other hand, rides that really needed updating -- such as the River of Time -- were correctly overhauled more completely. Other positive improvements include the Living Seas (Nemo) and Spaceship Earth (from that I've heard - though I haven't seen it myself). They're heading in the right direction.

My only negative comment on changes would be Figment. I see what they're trying to do, but it just doesn't work for me.

I think other attractions that could use the "plus it" touch would be Space Mountain and the Jungle Ride. Both are mainstays at Magic Kingdom that could really benefit from the use of newer technology.

Although I've never seen it, the Sounds Dangerous attraction at Disney Studios has consistently come up on these boards as something that needs serious change.

Okay, people, hands off the vintage attractions! Step back ... sloooooowly.

Seriously, leave Peter Pan alone, and most of the other originals. Touch things ups and tighten bolts, sure, but the last thing I need to see is more "razzle dazzle" in Pirates Of The Carribean or Haunted Mansion. Next thing you know, people will want Tom Sawyer's island to be bull dozed over to make room for an interactive "High School Musical 9" pavillion.

...shudder...

For my money, the later animatronic rides are the ones that need to be addressed the most. Somewhere along the way in the 80s, Disney just lost the "touch" when it came to making these things lively and magical. I haven't seen the new Spaceship Earth, but old one was sure boring and uninspired. And the crowning dookie of all the parks is the Great Movie Ride. I haven't seen it in a good long while, but I keep seeing images and videos of it and it hasn't changed much, from what I can tell.

Mind you, all this "people haven't seen these movies, get rid of them" thing is horrific sounding to me. Replacing iconic Hollywood history with modern corporate DVD-age crapola isn't gonna make the ride any better. Rather it desperately needs a sense of grandeur and whimsy--elements sorely missing from many of the later animatronic efforts.

They can completely kill off the following attractions and try something else, far as I'm concerned:

Stitch (although I don't hate it like so many people do)
The current "Innoventions"
Ellen
Test Track (I just don't get it; not very thrilling)
Honey, I Shrunk (keep the tech, revamp the content)
Nearly all of Hollywood studios, except Tower Of Terror and the roller coaster

Oh, and TURN THE MUSIC back up on the rides! Let me hear the bleeding lyrics!

Magic Kingdom

Revamp:

The Country Bears... I don't want this classic attraction to go, but it is finally gettin the TLC it needed. It was so hard to hear.. the sound system was completely garboled and the animatronics needed a tune up... A few new songs couldn't hurt things either, but just fixing the sound system and the bears themselves is good enough for me.

Caroseul of Progress... I really really enjoy this ride, but the final scene is laughable... It needs to be updated... it's currently very 1993.

Buzz Lightyear... The first time I rode this I thought it was cutting edge, but I have since rode three others that are comparable... (Men In Black, Toy Story Mania, Ghostwood Estates(at my local amusement park)... and I actually like all of them better than Buzz.) I like the ride and the concept, but I think it could use a quick revamp... maybe add some more effects .. .. make it so the guns are able to be moved more...

LEVEL IT:

Stitch: .. .It's awful... something new and innovative would be nice.

Indy Speedway... It's very dull and generic...and takes up a huge footprint... that could be a new E Ticket attraction.. I guess it could be revamped into a Cars theme or even like Autotopia at DL... but something needs to be done with it and I wouldn't shed a tear if it was completly done away with.

Toontown- .... I know it's more for the little ones, but to me it is completly uninspired and a complete waste of space... There really is no reason to go back there except for photo ops.

Other parks to come.

I could really do without Country Bear Jamboree. I think it is time for this one to be replaced.

I know they still have it at Disneyland, but I really miss Mr. Toad's wild ride. I would like something fast with a story line like that.

I think it would be nice if they could keep Indiana Jones but update the stunts to newer stuff.

I feel country bears is just in the way...but that could just be that I do not like the show. I feel it is time for WDW's indy and space mountain should be updated. Most importantly, make indy into a dark thrill or rollercoaster such as in DLR or TDS. Space Mountain I feel either completely overhaul the ride or dont change a thing. I think that if new cars are introduced but all else remains that it will just look silly. While the ride is fun, I feel it needs a new track course and maybe a few modern special effects as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter