What are your top tips when planning a trip to WDW?

We were there last week and I found myself surprised nobody mentioned all the extra walking Universal forces you to do in the attraction lines. Maybe it's just me, - but while we were there only the Harry Potter areas were super busy, the rest of the park was light, but the lines still seemed very long - even if the wait is only posted at 10 minutes, they wind you around and up & down all over the place - it annoyed the heck out of me. Disney does such a better job of adjusting for the various levels of wait times. For the HP Express Train - at one of the stations you wind around & around, back and forth -
then down 6 ramps only to be faced with 3 flights of stairs to climb. what the heck?? So for others who notice that kind of thing like I do and get annoyed - I'd definitely suggest their express pass! Although since we did not have it I can't say if they play the same trick in those lines! American Express was offering Free Express Passes for signing up - it was tempting.

We were there last week and I found myself surprised nobody mentioned all the extra walking Universal forces you to do in the attraction lines. Maybe it's just me, - but while we were there only the Harry Potter areas were super busy, the rest of the park was light, but the lines still seemed very long - even if the wait is only posted at 10 minutes, they wind you around and up & down all over the place - it annoyed the heck out of me. Disney does such a better job of adjusting for the various levels of wait times. For the HP Express Train - at one of the stations you wind around & around, back and forth -
then down 6 ramps only to be faced with 3 flights of stairs to climb. what the heck?? So for others who notice that kind of thing like I do and get annoyed - I'd definitely suggest their express pass! Although since we did not have it I can't say if they play the same trick in those lines! American Express was offering Free Express Passes for signing up - it was tempting.

Because I live in the uk I am not sure I would qualify for the free express pass with American express. I also already have an American express card already. Lol. The last time I visited Universal studios and Islands we did both parks in one day and we bought an express pass. It was the very start of May and with the express pass we managed to ride almost every single ride we wanted to at least once in both parks. But that was in 2007 and the Harry Potter stuff hadn't opened! We almost walked onto every ride. We were at universal for rope drop but we left IOS at about 1700!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter