• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what are your must do counter service?

MickeyGs

Mouseketeer
I definitely hope to get over to WPE, but what are your other must do counter service, and what do you get there? We are doing 3 days in MK, 2 in HS, 2 in Epcot, and 1 in AK.

ETA: My dh isn't picky, and I eat most everything (not a lot of fried food though). We have a 2 yr old who is mostly sharing meals with us, and 5 yr old. I would love some places with more options for kids instead of the standard burger, nuggets, pb and j.

For HS, my family enjoyed the pizzas at Toy Story Pizza Planet. I felt that you got a lot of food for the price, we paid OOP. We ended up going to Fairfax Fare the next day and that was disappointing, should've done Pizza Planet again.

MK- Tortuga Tavern (or Peco's Bill's if closed) GREAT taco salad
Hop a monorail to Poly for Capn' Cooks (Tonga toast for breakfast, Aloha Pork sandwich and Dole whip for lunch)

Flame Tree and Yak and Yeti at AK. Pizzafari is also beautiful!

DHS, Catalina Eddie's, Starring Rolls

Epcot- Sunshine Season's, Japan, and Tangerine Cafe

Pecos Bill for us and we discovered Casey's on this last trip and loved it (we're a baseball/hot dog loving family!)

At HS I agree with Pizza Planet - good pizza and the kids loved it

MK: Columbia Harbor House (and the Be Our Guest CS menu looks good, when it finally opens)

Epcot: Tangierine Café and Sunshine Seasons are my top two.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ is great. My DW and DDs like Pizzafari

DHS: Fairfax Fare is good for me.

Resorts: The Mara at AKL, Captain Cook's at the Poly, and the Art of Animation Food Court are the standouts, in my opinion.

MK-Columbia Harbor House
Epcot - French Cafe, Sunshine Seasons
HS - ??
AK - Flame Tree

MK - Columbia Harbor House
EP - Tangierine Cafe
HS - none although I do like the pastries at Starring Rolls
AK - Yak & Yeti counter service
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express

I only have one QS must do, and that's at DTD. wolfgang puck express! OH MY WORD, the food is simply outstanding.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

Cosmic Rays in MK for the variety of choices, and the awesome fixing bar.
A recent favorite of mine is Captain Cooks in Poly, can't beat a Dole Whip for dessert, and the entree choices were great- flatbreads, pulled pork, yum!

HS- Pizza Planet! I love it as much as my kids! MK- Columbia Harbor House or Peco Bills. And you must get a dole whip or pineapple float at Aloha Isle.

MK: Columbia House

Epcot: Yorkshire County Fish (A MUST DO EVERYTIME!), Sunshine Seasons

Hollywood: Nothing....

AK: Flame Tree BBQ.. love it!!!!

Me and DH love Yak and Yeti CS in AK (kids not so much)! :banana: In Mk, we always hit Cosmic Ray's because of big selection and nice portion size (great to share meals).

theresamom said:
MK: Columbia House

Epcot: Yorkshire County Fish (A MUST DO EVERYTIME!), Sunshine Seasons

Hollywood: Nothing....

AK: Flame Tree BBQ.. love it!!!!

Yes! How could i forget the fish and chips! The best!

MK: Cosmic Ray's! I acrually felt bad the last couple of trips because we'd only been in to see Sonny Eclipse a couple of times... I promise I'm not crazy otherwise!
And Casey's! Tradition to eat hot dogs and watch the cartoons :)

EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons first night (tradition) + Empanadas de queso & paleta with mango & chili! Oh how I wish I could eat that right now, I've been dreaming about it for a year and a half...

HS: Help! Counter services a nightmare her. We always end up at ABC with cold burgers and I personally think burgers are rubbish, well apart from my Dad's and Husband's (made from proper lean ground beef with loads of fresh onion, tomato, iceberg and other great stuff), they're awesome! Been to Starring Rolls several times, but always ended up just haing a look and leaving. Looking forward to eating there next time! :)

AK: Flame tree and Y & Y

Caseys & Columbia Harbor House (went here twice last trip):cheer2:
Rosie's or Fairfax Fare in Studios :thumbsup2
Epcot- englad fish & chips stand pirate:

There used to be a cart right next to "indiana Jones" that sold the best philly beef sandwiches. What happened to it?? I've never had one as good!

Mexico CS in EPCOT. We LOVE this. Easy to share too. We get a 3 taco meal and an order of nachos and split it all. YUM!

And will say Starring Rolls in DHS might be up your ally since you don't do fried food and you want different options for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter