What are your FP+ recs for a 2 year old?

Oakenshield

Mouseketeer
I'm coming up to my 60 days for FP+ reservations and am at a loss. I haven't been to Disney in 15 years and have been researching rides like crazy. My son is 37" currently so there is a lot he can go on, which was surprising to me. What I'm wondering is what would you guys recommend booking for FP+ in MK and AK? We're probably going to do each of those parks twice during our trips. The only thing at Epcot that would interest him would be Nemo, and we're going to do that before our Coral Reef reservation one night. As for HS, we're probably only going there for Disney Junior, our Mama Melrose reservation and Fantasmic.

We've done almost everything w/o a height limit. She just hit 33 inches, so we are gonna try the Tommorowland cars soon.

My 15 month old likes (not tolerates, but actually likes):

HS- Frozen sing-a-long, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast show, and that gawd-awful Disney Junior show. She loves all the character meet and greets but for some reason the HS MIcKey is her favorite. She tolerates the Great Movie Ride (dislikes the alien), Toy Story Mania. She got scared during Fantasmic.

AK- The petting zoo was a huge hit. She likes all the Animal exhibits and the dinoland tri ride.The character dance party was also a huge hit. The lines for the characters tend to be shorter in this park and it has the nicest baby center. She's tolerated the safari ride. She didn't like the Lion King, but we saw it at a bad time.

MK- Small World, Haunted Mansion, playground near Splash Mountain, Winnie the Poo, Talking MIckey, Dumbo, Anna and Elsa, Little Mermaid ride(HUGE hit), Belle's Enchanted Tales, merry-go-round, Mickey's Philiarmagic, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, all the parades, all the characters, loves the pirate show and the dance party. Tolerated Buzz Lightyear, Carousel of Progress. Was not happy about pirates (the dip annoyed her) or Peter Pan (She tried to climb out when she got spooked!) and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (hates pitch black dark). She despises Wishes. :(

Epcot- Nemo, Turtle Talk, Mexico ride. There are a lot of characters in this park and the line for Mickey is usually not that bad. Tolerates Figment (dislikes the blowing), sometimes tolerates Spaceship Earth, The Land. She hates Illuminations - she has since she was 3 months old.

If he likes characters, it's worth it to FP the characters. My kid will sit through a show, but I know many toddlers that won't, so that's something to consider. I think all little kids love Small World (colors! music!), but it really doesn't need a fp. He's tall enough for the Goofy coaster - depending on his personality, it might be worth trying. At AK, I'd FP the safari ride.

We've done almost everything w/o a height limit. She just hit 33 inches, so we are gonna try the Tommorowland cars soon.

HS- Frozen sing-a-long, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast show, and that gawd-awful Disney Junior show. She loves all the character meet and greets but for some reason the HS MIcKey is her favorite. She tolerates the Great Movie Ride (dislikes the alien), Toy Story Mania. She got scared during Fantasmic.

AK- The petting zoo was a huge hit. She likes all the Animal exhibits and the dinoland tri ride.The character dance party was also a huge hit. The lines for the characters tend to be shorter in this park and it has the nicest baby center. She's tolerated the safari ride. She didn't like the Lion King, but we saw it at a bad time.

MK- Small World, Haunted Mansion, playground near Splash Mountain, Winnie the Poo, Talking MIckey, Dumbo, Anna and Elsa, Little Mermaid ride(HUGE hit), Belle's Enchanted Tales, merry-go-round, Mickey's Philiarmagic, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, all the parades, all the characters, loves the pirate show and the dance party. Tolerated Buzz Lightyear, Carousel of Progress. Was not happy about pirates (the dip annoyed her) or Peter Pan (She tried to climb out when she got spooked!) and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (hates pitch black dark). She despises Wishes. :(

Epcot- Nemo, Turtle Talk, Mexico ride. There are a lot of characters in this park and the line for Mickey is usually not that bad. Tolerates Figment (dislikes the blowing), sometimes tolerates Spaceship Earth, The Land. She hates Illuminations - she has since she was 3 months old.

If he likes characters, it's worth it to FP the characters. My kid will sit through a show, but I know many toddlers that won't, so that's something to consider. I think all little kids love Small World (colors! music!), but it really doesn't need a fp. He's tall enough for the Goofy coaster - depending on his personality, it might be worth trying. At AK, I'd FP the safari ride.

We won't do FP for characters, he's just not that into them to justify it. He's totally obsessed with dinosaurs and LOVES animals. So I'm thinking we FP the Safari at AK, I just don't know what else has a long line there that we should FP.

Did your little one like the Haunted Mansion? Should it be a FP? My son loves skeletons and ghosts so I'm thinking it might be a good ride? We found out this year that Halloween is obviously his favorite and he manged to con us into buying a 10 foot light up/shaking skeleton at Home Depot, haha!

He's tall enough for the Goofy coaster - depending on his personality, it might be worth trying. At AK, I'd FP the safari ride.

I forgot about Goofy! I bet he would love that, he's super adventurous. Should Goofy be a FP? I keep reading Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh at MK should definitely be a FP selection, is that true?

I forgot about Goofy! I bet he would love that, he's super adventurous. Should Goofy be a FP? I keep reading Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh at MK should definitely be a FP selection, is that true?

Peter Pan yes (that one is always busy), Winnie - sure, during busy times of the year. Line seems to be between 20 minutes-60 minutes most days.

I haven't been on Goofy since 1997. I'll take my daughter on when she is tall enough. Line usually seems to be in the 30 minute range.

Other than the safari, there's not much else you need to fp at AK if you're taking him on (Everest and Dinosaur are both 40 inches). You can almost always get into Nemo and Lion KIng w/o a FP. If you want a picture of him with Minnie and Mickey, FP them.

My daughter is fine on Haunted Mansion. She likes the music. She gets a little upset during the room expanding. The line is usually always 30+ minutes now. It could be a FP - can he make it through a 30 minute line?

Peter Pan yes, Winnie - sure, during busy times of the year.

Other than the safari, there's not much else you need to fp at AK if you're taking him on (Everest and Dinosaur are both 40 inches). You can almost always get into Nemo and Lion KIng w/o a FP. If you want a picture of him with Minnie and Mickey, FP them.

My daughter is fine on Haunted Mansion. She likes the music. She gets a little upset during the room expanding. The line is usually always 30+ minutes now. It could be a FP - can he make it through a 30 minute line?

Haha, no, probably can't make it through a 30 min line! I'm going the first week in February, so from what I'm reading it doesn't seem like a busy time. Maybe one day I should try to FP Winnie, Peter and Haunted, and then the second day we spend at MK FP some other things like Goofy, 7DMT (if he's tall enough by then) annnnnd something else.

Got FP for Elsa/Anna and Cindy/Rapunzel, mostly because my daughter is CRAAAAZY about them, and we wanted top make sure she got to hang out with them. Also FP for Peter Pan because of the long wait in line without FP.

Leave in 5 days!

We did FP for Anna/Elsa, Buzz, Mickey, Peter Pan, and Winnie the Pooh at MK. the likes for Dumbo, goofy'so roller coaster, and haunted mansion weren't very long so didn't do those.

AK we did Safari and meet with Mickey/Minnie. The others our son was too short for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter