What are your favourite possessions that you don't own anymore?

In 2008 I bought a 2005 Cadillac Deville DHS. It only had 20 miles on it and it had every conceivable switch, button and extra, many of which weren't really normal at the time. Things like a see through screen that would come out of nowhere just by my pushing a button and protect people in the back seat from having the sun beat down on them. That was just one of many items like fans under the drivers seat the blew cold or warm are through the fabric on the seat, roller massager built into the back of the seats that would roll up and down your back while you were driving.

I bought it because I liked it, of course, but I knew I was going to retire in a year or two and wanted a car to have during my retirement. It had bumper to bumper warrantee for 100,000 miles. I retired 2 years later and made plans to join the rest of my family in N.C. I made 8 round trip (1800 miles each) back and forth setting up everything for my move. like apartments, etc. It was a chore, but I made the move and used the car successfully for about 5 years before the warrantee ended and everything started to break. It seemed like everything that broke was at least $600.00 to repair and finally in 2016 it started to overheat on my way back home from Vermont and it turned out to be the head gaskets with a repair cost of $6000.00 I had kept the rest of the car in flawless condition, pristine inside and out, but I had spent over $10K in repairs just in the 5 years that I lived here so I cut bait and gave up. I leased a new car and sold my absolute favorite car for $900.00 with the bad engine. I saw it a year of so later sitting in the guys front yard with grass growing around it, unfixed and abandoned. One of the most expensive lawn ornaments. ever. I still miss it, but I really couldn't afford it anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter