What are your favorite unusual or out-of-the-way must-dos at WDW?

mamamelody2

DIS Veteran
We went to WDW with an extended-family group of 13 this past September. It was great, but I am now planning a trip for just my husband and I.

I would love if to hear about the great things you have discovered at WDW that you would be willing to share. I have already started a "must-do" list for us. I am particularly looking for unusual or out-of-the-way things. I am really looking forward to being able to move fast enough with just the 2 of us that we will then have plenty of down-time to poke into some corners of WDW that we have never seen.

First on my must-do list is the kiss goodnight. What else should I add??

Pick an evening and a boat loop and ride the whole route. Same with the monorail. Throw in a stop at a resort for a beverage or 2. I think Bay Lake and the CR/FW/WL loop are lovely. Territory Lounge at the WL is a relaxing, out of the way spot for a drink.

Spend an afternoon exploring FW, the restaurants, the barns. Bonus points if it's Halloween or Thanksgiving/Christmas for seeing the campsites decorated with light displays.

We went to WDW with an extended-family group of 13 this past September. It was great, but I am now planning a trip for just my husband and I.

I would love if to hear about the great things you have discovered at WDW that you would be willing to share. I have already started a "must-do" list for us. I am particularly looking for unusual or out-of-the-way things. I am really looking forward to being able to move fast enough with just the 2 of us that we will then have plenty of down-time to poke into some corners of WDW that we have never seen.

First on my must-do list is the kiss goodnight. What else should I add??

Along w/ what @BlueFairy stated, I do second those, as well as taking a stroll on the Boardwalk and popping in & out of the stores & restaurants.The boat ride there will also take you on a loop from BW to BC to Swolphin & then to HS or Epcote. Which ever side you choose..

Grab a F.O.N.E. & do the Perry Adventures..(LoL) kinda fun, even for adults..LoL--> Or Very Old Kids.:teeth:
Not sure if you visited the countries in depth, but there are truly some magical spots, nooks & crannies that you will discover. Especially love the bacl garden in The UK pavillion.

Not normally out of the way because we stay there....

Electric water pagent....Poly beach....Fiji side....

At AK - Discovery Island - wander the paths, look for the animals, talk to a CM if they are there to tell you about the animal. A lot of folks just view that as a a green area to walk by - and never stop to see what lives there. Or start the Wilderness Explorer activity book when there.

At HS - they almost always have some upcoming movie long preview. Or really take some time to look at the Muppet Courtyard - the fountain characters really are pretty amazing.

At Epcot - hit some of the culture spots in WS - most people skip them. Check the Times Guide for the WS performances and watch some of them. Ride Ellen's Energy Ride.

At MK - stop and look at the side streets of Main Street - and the windows of the Emporium. And have you every really looked up at the second story of Main Street?

Fort Wilderness, Boardwalk, wandering through the Swan/Dolphin, visiting resorts, riding the boats, etc - all stuff that are more stop and smell the roses stuff.

Pick an evening and a boat loop and ride the whole route. Same with the monorail. Throw in a stop at a resort for a beverage or 2. I think Bay Lake and the CR/FW/WL loop are lovely. Territory Lounge at the WL is a relaxing, out of the way spot for a drink.

Spend an afternoon exploring FW, the restaurants, the barns. Bonus points if it's Halloween or Thanksgiving/Christmas for seeing the campsites decorated with light displays.

Wow, both sound amazing! We have pretty much only spent time at POR where we stayed the 2 times we've gone. I definitely would like to explore some other resorts!

Along w/ what @BlueFairy stated, I do second those, as well as taking a stroll on the Boardwalk and popping in & out of the stores & restaurants.The boat ride there will also take you on a loop from BW to BC to Swolphin & then to HS or Epcote. Which ever side you choose..

Grab a F.O.N.E. & do the Perry Adventures..(LoL) kinda fun, even for adults..LoL--> Or Very Old Kids.:teeth:
Not sure if you visited the countries in depth, but there are truly some magical spots, nooks & crannies that you will discover. Especially love the bacl garden in The UK pavillion.

Boardwalk officially added to "must-do" list.
We hardly got any time in the world showcase last trip, and I really want to get into those nooks and crannies!

Not normally out of the way because we stay there....

Electric water pagent....Poly beach....Fiji side....

Okay, I saw a blurb on this and it sounded fun. It's after park close, right? So then how would we get back to our resort (probably POP)? Uber? Poly is definitely NOT in our budget! (darnit)

At AK - Discovery Island - wander the paths, look for the animals, talk to a CM if they are there to tell you about the animal. A lot of folks just view that as a a green area to walk by - and never stop to see what lives there. Or start the Wilderness Explorer activity book when there.

At HS - they almost always have some upcoming movie long preview. Or really take some time to look at the Muppet Courtyard - the fountain characters really are pretty amazing.

At Epcot - hit some of the culture spots in WS - most people skip them. Check the Times Guide for the WS performances and watch some of them. Ride Ellen's Energy Ride.

At MK - stop and look at the side streets of Main Street - and the windows of the Emporium. And have you every really looked up at the second story of Main Street?

Fort Wilderness, Boardwalk, wandering through the Swan/Dolphin, visiting resorts, riding the boats, etc - all stuff that are more stop and smell the roses stuff.

These are all great. I really want to take more time to LOOK at everything.

Boardwalk, exploring resorts, the phone under TTA, getting wake up calls by characters, Beaches and Cream (Kitchen Sink), and eating around the world showcase... basically our family gets like one or two little snacks or meals from each country throughout the day although you have to commit to it and don't have any other reservations that day for dining. Also, if your husband is into sports, you could surprise him by taking him to the ESPN club for a massive big screen tv plus other tvs all playing sports games. The ESPN Club is basically a bar/pub or something similar to that. These are some of my favorite things to do in WDW

Okay, I saw a blurb on this and it sounded fun. It's after park close, right? So then how would we get back to our resort (probably POP)? Uber? Poly is definitely NOT in our budget! (darnit)
But maybe drinks and apps at Trader Sams are :) Then the water pageant, then a Dole whip, then worry about how to get back to Pop! LOL

Do what @cgattis suggests. You can see EWP from the other MK resorts as well. Look at the times, pick one. It is about the same time every night. So if Wishes happens before park close, or especially before an EMH you can hop back to the MK and get a bus to your resort. Or just Uber. We did that from AKL and found it very reasonable.

The reason there are trains in the MK is because Walt was a huge fan of trains. He actually had a train layout in his yard in California, the kind that is big enough for you to ride on. Unless construction on the WLV's has had an impact on the lobby of the Villa's you can go and see two of the trains that were actually in Walt Disney's backyard.

It's been a few years since we've stayed at the Poly but I THINK the ELP begins at 9 PM and most likely the MK will not be closed. You should be able to find the times on the resort website. Good luck...it's quite cute. :goodvibes :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter