What are your bedroom pet peeves?

My pet peeves are a hot room, rumpled sheets, a snoring husband and any light in the room. Luckily I still have a husband who loves me with all of these irritations that go against his comfort.

Sleeping with someone who requires multiple alarms in order to wake up.

The alarms can start going off before 6 am, and I am instantly awake. It is not possible for me to go back to sleep afterwards, and even if I were to miraculously doze off again, another one would be going off in about 10 minutes time anyway...and then another...and maybe another. Even on weekends, when nobody has to be up at any specific time, he sometimes forgets to turn his alarm off, so I am awake at 6 am regardless.

After all of these years, it is obviously not a deal-breaker, but it can be aggravating just the same. I don't begin to understand it. Either you need to get up at 6 am, or you don't. If you need to get up at 6:30, then just set the alarm for that time. I have no problem being woken up for a "real" time, but can get cranky when it is just an, "I thought I would get up and run, but decided to sleep," kind of alarm.

someone who SNORES! Now that the kids are out of the house, we can sleep in separate rooms, but when traveling I am always elbowing him to roll over on his side.

Also, why clutter up a bed with decorative pillows? I hate going into a hotel room and trying to figure out where to put them, they usually end up on the floor. Useless things!

I am one who has multiple alarms. 5:30 to take my Synthroid, 6:30 to consider whether I want to go to the 7 AM exercise class, 7:20 if I am sleeping in.

I hate sharing a room. My dream is a home large enough where we get our own bedrooms. Totally down with visiting each other...:blush: I also hate the dog in our bed. DH swore that she would "snuggle" with him. Yeah the dog has to sleep touching me the ENTIRE night, and always tries to push me out of bed. :sad2: Thankfully the kids stay out of my bed most nights. They do constantly bust into my room on weekends and keep asking me questions.

I hate sharing a room. My dream is a home large enough where we get our own bedrooms. Totally down with visiting each other...:blush: I also hate the dog in our bed. DH swore that she would "snuggle" with him. Yeah the dog has to sleep touching me the ENTIRE night, and always tries to push me out of bed. :sad2: Thankfully the kids stay out of my bed most nights. They do constantly bust into my room on weekends and keep asking me questions.

A friend of mine moved into a house where the previous owners had intentionally planned for two master bedrooms, one at either end of their long hallway. The kids' rooms were in the middle.

The house across from mine has sensor lights, which flip on and off all night long like a cheap motel sign. When I have the bedroom window open the light shines directly into it. The house is vacant because my neighbor has passed on, but the lights are still up. Her son lives in the next house across and I've tried talking to him about it, to no avail. :mad:

I like my bedroom to be cool, DH likes it warm...hates A/C; would like small nightlight for getting up and using the bathroom multiple times every night, DH likes pitch black; would enjoy sleeping without the skunks spraying right outside my window and stinking up my bedroom; would enjoy my husband NOT snoring; and would love to have my bedroom all to myself like before I got married 25 years ago.

I love sleeping with my windows open, but I live directly across the street from a fire station. They have flag poles and any slight breeze will cause metal pieces to hit metal pieces and clink all night long. Oh drives me nuts. I do sleep with a noise machine, but once I hear it I can't unhear it.

That sounds like sleeping on a sailboat with the lines clanging against the mast. Love that sound!!

I'm the opposite of many of you. I hate darkness when I'm trying to go to sleep. I know that it's better for sleep but it bothers me.

I really only have one, and it's not one I can fix right now.
I used to make my bed every day, decorative pillows and all. I loved the look of a nice neat finished bedroom.
But DH started night shift; and, he's in bed an hour after I get up.
By the time I get home at 5 p.m., it seems pointless to make the bed for 4 hours before I go to sleep again.
So, I'm stuck with a messy bed pretty much 24/7.

My grandma comes over atleast once a week and starts rearranging my room. I appreciate that she wants to clean and organize, but when I can never find anything because she moves them and she doesn't remember where she's placed them, it's so frustrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter