What are you reading?

I just finished shutter island about a week ago.

it was a great book and one of the best book-to-film translations i've ever seen. almost word for word in most places.

Next week I'm going to start reading Scott Pilgrim. Except for the movie is making it super popular and I've got the first one reserved, but I'm probably not going to be able to get the rest for some time. I don't usually read anyway though.

I just started The Magician's Nephew this evening. I think I'll have it all read by the end of the night. I absolutely love it. I hated it when I was 8, but I never read very far into it.

What I've read since my last post on this thread:
Finished Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. Not gonna lie and say it was my favourite of his. I'm still a big fan of Deception Point, but it was a good read overall.

Digital Fortress was my favorite book of his before The Lost Symbol came out.

Finished Charlie St. Cloud, it was good. Kind of weird and the ending was pretty lame. Hope the movie is better.

I'll probably just continue on Tom Sawyer next.

I need to get my hands on Paper Towns & Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green soon.

Digital Fortress was my favorite book of his before The Lost Symbol came out.

Finished Charlie St. Cloud, it was good. Kind of weird and the ending was pretty lame. Hope the movie is better.

I'll probably just continue on Tom Sawyer next.

I need to get my hands on Paper Towns & Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green soon.

Charlie St. Cloud sounded like one of those ideas for fiction that sounds much better as a book than as a movie. I dunno, when you say what it's about out loud, it sounds kinda silly. Kinda like The Art of Racing the Rain, it was a wonderful book, but I think it sounds silly to have a movie where a dog will be narrating about life.

Anything by John Green is pretty much amazing. I love his work. My favorite is probably Paper Towns, but I feel like I relate more to the character in Katherines.
Tbh, David Levithan's bit of WG, WG was better. I found straight Will Grayson's bit to be ... underdeveloped? I dunno, David Levithan is a wonderful writer too.

I <3 F. Scott Fitzgerald! He's one of my favourites to read. I could read The Great Gatsby forever and ever.

And lol, I read the Iliad in 6th grade. I didn't really understand it, but I got mega extra credit in one of my classes.

And we are a rare breed! I've read quite a bit of Dickens and I really enjoy Dostoyevsky and all my friends think I'm a freak for reading them for fun!

The Great Gatsby is my all time favorite book!!! I can't get enough of it! <3
I'm taking a Shakespeare class this coming semester, and I am so pumped!! I love Shakespeare! I just hope my professor is good and takes the plays to another level. My high school teachers gave amazing Shakespeare lessons and I'm hoping college tops that!

The next book I wanna read is On the Road by Jack Kerouac. Not really classic lit, but still a classic..lol

The Great Gatsby is my all time favorite book!!! I can't get enough of it! <3
I'm taking a Shakespeare class this coming semester, and I am so pumped!! I love Shakespeare! I just hope my professor is good and takes the plays to another level. My high school teachers gave amazing Shakespeare lessons and I'm hoping college tops that!

The next book I wanna read is On the Road by Jack Kerouac. Not really classic lit, but still a classic..lol

I'm not a huge fan of Shakespeare, but I have read his stuff. I think it's mostly because I'm not a fan of reading things written in play/script format.

I'm not a huge fan of Shakespeare, but I have read his stuff. I think it's mostly because I'm not a fan of reading things written in play/script format.

Yeah, it took some getting used to, but I just love the stories. Especially Hamlet.

I'm still rereading the Goblet of Fire. I've been busy the past week so I haven't picked it up to read in a while.

Charlie St. Cloud sounded like one of those ideas for fiction that sounds much better as a book than as a movie. I dunno, when you say what it's about out loud, it sounds kinda silly. Kinda like The Art of Racing the Rain, it was a wonderful book, but I think it sounds silly to have a movie where a dog will be narrating about life.

Anything by John Green is pretty much amazing. I love his work. My favorite is probably Paper Towns, but I feel like I relate more to the character in Katherines.
Tbh, David Levithan's bit of WG, WG was better. I found straight Will Grayson's bit to be ... underdeveloped? I dunno, David Levithan is a wonderful writer too.

It looks like a great movie, so that's why I read the book. It was a sweet story but I don't think it was executed all too well. It didn't end up the way I wanted or expected at all, the first part dragged on and at the end, you were finished up in 5 pages.

I think my favorite was An Abundance of Katherines, I really liked Looking for Alaska. I think John Green is really good at writing from a teen perspective, even if I don't relate to some of it at all. One of my friends hates to read and I told her to read Looking for Alaska and she said it's one of the best books she's ever read and that she actually cried while reading it.
I haven't read any of David Levithan's work, I'll have to check into that.

I'm reading Alas, Babylon. It's pretty weird, you know the whole apocalyptic thing.

I'm reading Wizards First Rule, it's awesome. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm reading Jane Sleyre, got it for my birthday and it's okay. I mean I love the original to death so we'll see what happens.

It looks like a great movie, so that's why I read the book. It was a sweet story but I don't think it was executed all too well. It didn't end up the way I wanted or expected at all, the first part dragged on and at the end, you were finished up in 5 pages.

I think my favorite was An Abundance of Katherines, I really liked Looking for Alaska. I think John Green is really good at writing from a teen perspective, even if I don't relate to some of it at all. One of my friends hates to read and I told her to read Looking for Alaska and she said it's one of the best books she's ever read and that she actually cried while reading it.
I haven't read any of David Levithan's work, I'll have to check into that.

The fantastic thing about John Green is that his work is hilarious, touching and thought provoking. He hits it in all the right spots. I read Paper Towns in science class about two years ago and I basically had to hold my hand over my mouth to keep from interrupting the entire class while they wrote a test.
He can make me laugh, cry, smile and think. He's wonderful.
I didn't like his short story in Geektastic (it's a book of short stories about nerds! it's absolutely fabulous), but David's was good.
I read Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan and I loved it. It wasn't hilarious like WGWG, but it was cute. I read it in about two hours, it's very short. I love gay (male only really) romances, I think they're adorable. The character in this book was like x3232 more soft than gay Will Grayson.

I Just started reading Jealousy by Lilith St. Crow its the 3 book in the Strange Angels Series.

I'm waiting for Mockingjay the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy, it comes out August 24th can't wait :]

The fantastic thing about John Green is that his work is hilarious, touching and thought provoking. He hits it in all the right spots. I read Paper Towns in science class about two years ago and I basically had to hold my hand over my mouth to keep from interrupting the entire class while they wrote a test.
He can make me laugh, cry, smile and think. He's wonderful.
I didn't like his short story in Geektastic (it's a book of short stories about nerds! it's absolutely fabulous), but David's was good.
I read Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan and I loved it. It wasn't hilarious like WGWG, but it was cute. I read it in about two hours, it's very short. I love gay (male only really) romances, I think they're adorable. The character in this book was like x3232 more soft than gay Will Grayson.

He really does. I don't know what Paper Towns or WG, WG is about, but it doesn't really matter because John Green wrote them. (At least a bit of WG, WG). I haven't heart of Geektastic, I'll have to look for that too.
I heard about Boy Meets Boy a few years ago and have always wanted to read it, but could never find it. It sounds really good. Didn't know WG was gay, but like I said I don't have a clue what it's about. Lol.

Another author I like is Pete Hautman. I've only read around 4 of his books, but I really loved Invisible. It's a very sad book, but he's a good writer, and his books are on the shorter side so they're easy to read.

He really does. I don't know what Paper Towns or WG, WG is about, but it doesn't really matter because John Green wrote them. (At least a bit of WG, WG). I haven't heart of Geektastic, I'll have to look for that too.
I heard about Boy Meets Boy a few years ago and have always wanted to read it, but could never find it. It sounds really good. Didn't know WG was gay, but like I said I don't have a clue what it's about. Lol.

Another author I like is Pete Hautman. I've only read around 4 of his books, but I really loved Invisible. It's a very sad book, but he's a good writer, and his books are on the shorter side so they're easy to read.

WG, WG is mostly about love in the friendship sense. But there is a lot about homosexuality. John's WG is straight.
Geektastic was so fun. The last few stories kinda sucked, but there was one about a girl and a guy doing a start hunt kinda thing, and it was SO CUTE.

Boy Meets Boy is about the only David Levithan book I can get here. All the other ones aren't on shelves, which is disappointing. I hate ordering books.

I'll look into him, I haven't been reading too much lately, and really need to :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter