• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the Little things you MUST do on a Disney trip?

Am I the only person that doesn't like Dole Whips? I got one at the Poly and was so excited to try it. It tasted "yucky" like pineapple kool aid. :crazy2:
A " must have "farewell" to the Poly before boarding DME back to MCO! We all have different likes and dislikes!:drinking1:hyper:

Am I the only person that doesn't like Dole Whips? I got one at the Poly and was so excited to try it. It tasted "yucky" like pineapple kool aid. :crazy2:

I've read on here of some people not liking them, so you aren't alone. I just love pineapple. I've never had pineapple koolaid, but do like pineapple Fanta and Big Pineapple. I also like pineapple sundaes from DQ

I'm not a fan of pineapple so I have no desire to try them. I heard DW used to have an orange dole whip and I would have loved that, but I believe they got rid of it :(

In 2014, my DD1.5 (almost 2 at the time) had a full-on meltdown, screaming in her stroller. Reason....Mom made her share the Dole whip! LOL. It was my wife's to start off, then my daughter had one sip, and she was gone! This year, she gets her own.:hyper:

- Ride Disney Magical Express, for some reason it just seems like I was missing something if we rent a car and drive in. My husband thinks I am nuts, but he can drive and me and the girls would still take the bus!
- Must visit the troll to measure up the girls!
- Eat as many Mickey Faces we can find in any form possible. It has become a challenge for the girls to see who can find the most to eat in that form!
- We also must stop by Rainforest Café to get the Giant Dessert they have!

In MK, sitting on the curb on Main Street with hot fudge sundaes waiting for the evening parade. Also, breakfast at Crystal Palace.

At Epcot, crepes in France and a meal at the Biergarten.

We also always take a day "off" to hang around Disney Springs!

first day must dos
-Ride the magic Express
-go to character warehouse and load up on 90% off Disney goodies. we spend hours in there!
-Disney spring for dinner and hot air balloon ride

See Illuminations.

Everything else is optional. But I would be disappointed if I didn't get to see Illuminations.

I cannot agree enough. I would watch Illuminations every night if I could. Makes me think I need to go find gainful employment at EPCOT.

I have always flown into Orlando. The airport ride in the glass box to the luggage area has always been the first and last e-ticket ride for me.

I always have to go on Ellen's Universe of Energy ride and wonder what would happen if the dinosaurs came alive (and plot my escape).

Slow roast pork for lunch at the Sunshine terrace

I have to drink watermelon cola at the Coke pavilion. If I could get it, I would buy that stuff by the gallon.

The first ride for every trip is the TRAIN. It is tradition. All the way around. Only then will I traverse Main street to my first Land.

I have to eat at Crystal Palace. We have pictures of me in there from my first trip when i was 5. I'm 24 now, and don't even like Pooh all that much, but my day in Magic Kingdom feels incomplete if I don't eat breakfast there.

I also HAVE to watch Fantasmic!, it's my favorite night show, yes, even more than Wishes.

:)

You aren't :) Now if those things were lemon, I'd probably be all over them like a dog over some bacon jerky.

Hmmm.... there are the obvious things, like watch the shows, say Hi to mickey, have a drink around WS, but for the little things that I enjoy and are considered a must do for me I'd say:
-Enjoy a glass of wine at the GFlo, relax, listening to the band and the piano playing, a nice indoor break
-Do the same with a moonshine over at Fort Wilderness in a rocking chair, or down at the beach. This is often paired with a dinner at Trails End or Hoop, or fireworks from the beach
-Say goodbye to the park and thank Walt for everything he created from the top of the train station at the end of each trip

Bob Dole + whip + YOU. But only if you are bad

I always have to toss some popcorn to the ducks.
First day: Rope drop show at MK (I never visit the parks the night before).
First night: Regret I forgot to get a Dole Whip

Last edited:
My wife and I are in our 60's and travel down to WDW every year. Our must list goes like this. We must go to the Magic Kingdom right after we check in at the resort. The sight of the Castle always brings a tear to our eyes and cements the fact that we are back again. We must have a Mickey Ice Cream Bar every day. I must have the Bounty breakfast every morning. I must get up first every morning to shower, shave, dress and then go for my coffee and a walk around the resort (All Star Music) while my wife gets up and readies herself for the day. We must get our picture taken in front of the Castle. And finally, we must end our vacation by once again visiting the Magic Kingdom. We usually sit in one of the rocking chairs on the big porch in the front and watch the parade of people pass us by. When it's time to go back to the resort to catch the Magical Express (or at this time, the "Bad Bus") to go to the airport we stand in the middle of Main Street and say goodbye to Mickey, thank Walt for his creation, shed another tear and go home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter