What are cheapest souvineers at Disney?

Lol, well, that's what she said, one from each park. We shall see! Although I didn't know the resorts had them. I'm sure she'll want from our resort too.

Here is what I found

http://www.presscoins.com/

They say there are 583 current designs. A few are dimes and some are quarter machines but lets say they are all pennies thats $297.33. :scared1:

We are here now in MK and since Saturday, we have already pressed 28 pennies and one quarter. Staying until 27th, so I hope I brought enough with me.

Just one, good luck with that. :lmao:

I'm sure someone has the better estimate, some machines are moved and come and go, but there must be 30 or 40 in each park. Oh and the resorts and DTD and the water parks, etc.

I was waiting for someone to suggest pressed pennies. My DS and I read about pressed pennies and thought it sounded like a great souvenir idea for our trip to Disneyland almost 10 years ago. We came armed with a roll of quarters and some carefully selected bright, shiny pennies. A cast member helpfully suggested we pick up the list of machine locations from City Hall. We blew through the first roll of quarters in no time, exchanged cash for more rolls at various shops throughout the park, and each purchased the special book to put them in. Several hours and $45 later, we sat stunned on a bench in Critter Country to take stock of what had just happened. We were nowhere near finishing the set. After laughing hysterically at what had just occurred (it's better than crying), we decided to just cut our losses and give up on the rest of them. Pressed pennies are a great souvenir for someone without the compulsive need to "complete the set." Now we have to chuckle every time we hear pressed pennies being called an inexpensive souvenir. :)

I was waiting for someone to suggest pressed pennies. My DS and I read about pressed pennies and thought it sounded like a great souvenir idea for our trip to Disneyland almost 10 years ago. We came armed with a roll of quarters and some carefully selected bright, shiny pennies. A cast member helpfully suggested we pick up the list of machine locations from City Hall. We blew through the first roll of quarters in no time, exchanged cash for more rolls at various shops throughout the park, and each purchased the special book to put them in. Several hours and $45 later, we sat stunned on a bench in Critter Country to take stock of what had just happened. We were nowhere near finishing the set. After laughing hysterically at what had just occurred (it's better than crying), we decided to just cut our losses and give up on the rest of them. Pressed pennies are a great souvenir for someone without the compulsive need to "complete the set." Now we have to chuckle every time we hear pressed pennies being called an inexpensive souvenir. :)

LOL! I can't imagine....we let our kids pick 1 pressed penny each for every trip. They usually go park to park until they find the perfect design they want. They are out of their mind if they want to complete the set...

It's not the cheapest, but I think it is the best deal for the money...the silhouettes are under $10. We get one of each of our kids each year, and it's been great to watch them "grow" that way. And, it's fairly cheap!

My Dad collects keychains, and those are usually under $10.
There's always the pins, pens, postcards, pressed pennies, etc. I always get a Christmas ornament. They usually aren't real expensive, but some of the newer ones are.

Some shops (the Muppet one and the Star Wars one) have items under ten bucks that are pretty unique.

Erin

We found cute Mickey shaped water bottles for our kids for under $ 10 at the shop on Rafiki's .... Watch(?) Forgot the exact name. It's by the petting zoo. Lol.

The walmarts in the Disney area have tons of cheap souvenirs. I like the $1 keychains.

Are the souvenirs for you or others you need to bring something home for...that can always be tough having a long list of people that you need to bring souvenirs.

As far as other people...I find buying packs of pens and then splitting them up among 5 or 6 people economical...also simple things like lollipops or tins of mints. If you are on DDP or DxDP and have extra snack credits you can use them for the lollipops or other fun packaged snacks.
And as others have said postcards, note pads, key chains, etc. are all good souvenirs to bring to others.

If the souvenirs are for you then maybe you just give everyone a souvenir budget and let each person decide if they want multiple lesser priced items or one more expensive item.

Another great and non-expensive souvenir is collecting things from your trip like park maps, stickers CMS may give out. When young children ride the speedway in MK they give them a license, your KTTW card, a cheap $1 pen, some pictures...any little trinkets from the trip. A post card with your resort on it. And then when you get home you can go to a store like Michaels and get an inexpensive shadow box and then put all the little momentos from your trip in the shadow box and hang it up as a fun souvenir of a great trip. I made a shadowbox for my son's first trip to Disney and I think almost everything in it were free items we got on the trip...

Are the souvenirs for you or others you need to bring something home for...that can always be tough having a long list of people that you need to bring souvenirs.

As far as other people...I find buying packs of pens and then splitting them up among 5 or 6 people economical...also simple things like lollipops or tins of mints. If you are on DDP or DxDP and have extra snack credits you can use them for the lollipops or other fun packaged snacks.
And as others have said postcards, note pads, key chains, etc. are all good souvenirs to bring to others.

If the souvenirs are for you then maybe you just give everyone a souvenir budget and let each person decide if they want multiple lesser priced items or one more expensive item.

Another great and non-expensive souvenir is collecting things from your trip like park maps, stickers CMS may give out. When young children ride the speedway in MK they give them a license, your KTTW card, a cheap $1 pen, some pictures...any little trinkets from the trip. A post card with your resort on it. And then when you get home you can go to a store like Michaels and get an inexpensive shadow box and then put all the little momentos from your trip in the shadow box and hang it up as a fun souvenir of a great trip. I made a shadowbox for my son's first trip to Disney and I think almost everything in it were free items we got on the trip...

I was going to say essentially the same thing. Remember the napkins at the fast food places say Disney parks and I think they have a castle on them.

Mickey'sApprentice said:
I was going to say essentially the same thing. Remember the napkins at the fast food places say Disney parks and I think they have a castle on them.

Napkins are plain now.

We ran to Walmart closest to the parks, and they had TONS of cheap Disney merch. We got beach towels for like 10 dollars, sunglasses, mouse ears and a sling purse for my daughter. Much cheaper than inside the parks!

I used to take some napkins home and have them for lunches. Probably why they made them plain, people don't take as many.

We haven't stayed on Disney property for about 4 years now, but we used to always like to take a Mickey Soap/shampoo for souvenirs(if they still have them in the rooms)

We go often enough that we rarely buy stuff for ourselves anymore but if we do, it things we can use daily at home to remind us of the trip. I have a jacket I bought many years and trips ago and I wear it all the time! It was not the cheapest thing, but I bet it has gotten more wear than 80% of my clothes! We like the lid/straw cups, kitchen gadgets, and picture frames. For others, we buy food. They might not really be into the WDW thing but they will gladly munch down on a few treats.

I love to get the souvenir popcorn buckets. We usually have popcorn a couple of times during out trip and they are easy to pack. I fill them up with anything I can find in my suitcase and they can be used for almost anything at home...... in the kitchen, kids play room, garage, etc.....

When you consider the price difference between regular popcorn and a bucket, it is cheap. :thumbsup2

We are doing the pressed pennies. We got 50 last year and plan to try to get 100 this year.

Our goal is 50ish a trip.. eventually we will get them all.

Pressed pennies, Mickey shaped straws, and stickers (cast members always pass then out. Straws and stickers are great to bring back for class gifts.

I always buy pens. One usually lasts me a year at work. Plus, no one ever steals my pens because I can track them down :)

I was just going to post the same thing. Im still using mine from last year. We also buy the package of pens and open them up and give them as little gifts to teachers. Very inexpensive.

While I love the antennae toppers many cars no longer have antennae. Last year they had something similar. They were Mickey heads on a little chain. You can put them on book bags. They were at most of the cash register areas. Really cute and inexpensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter