• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what apps do I want for my phone?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
Obviously I've got the MDX app, but what else? Many moons ago, we used the UT app and liked it a lot, but it's been ages. What apps do you use to help you with your touring? TIA!

Touring Plans Lines App and Kenny the Pirate's Character Locator are on mine! Really liked the TP one, first time using the Character Locator on our Mardi Gras 2017 trip so I'll have to report back.

I think you mean the MDE app. That and WDW Lines (from Touring Plans) are all we ever use. We don't do character meets though.

EDIT. Actually, maybe Uber too, in case you need to save yourself from a life-threatening bus line at the end of the evening at Epcot.

I guess it depends on the length of your vacation and your goals .. (Meetings characters, maximizing rides, etc.).

8 park days (10 days overall)
I want to get a shot at as many characters as possible. And I like having good maps to follow.
Rides wise, I think our must do's are all taken care of by FP+ so ride waits is a bonus.

I have on my travel screen:
Delta
MDE
Disney shopping app. I can see what I want and order,it sent often with free shipping...
Uber
Lyft
Tip Calculator

I've only downloaded MDE so far so was wondering the same thing.

Also, is the line/wait time info on MDE and other apps really accurate and always updated?

Other than MDE, I have:

WDW Lines
Uber (but I use this at home anyway)
Hidden Mickeys
Colortopia (Epcot Innoventions/WS)

I've only downloaded MDE so far so was wondering the same thing.

Also, is the line/wait time info on MDE and other apps really accurate and always updated?
MDE, no. Lines, yes.

I feel like an idiot but I can't find the character locator app. I paid my fee on the website and can log in there but I can't find the actual app. Am I missing something?

Add the Fox35Weather app so you get local weather reports while in the park. We had a little rain on the last trip and being able to quickly see the green screen was great.

Also we used the DisneyShopping app to find out if items could be bought at other stores and on line. If you find something to buy but think you might want to buy it later you can find out where you can buy it in the parks and also if it is available online without being in the park.

MDE (which doesn't work on my current phone because I don't have the latest upgrade and my phone can't upgrade, buying a new one next month)
Disney shopping ap. I just scan bar codes in the parks and ship stuff home.
Weather

I have MDE, TP Lines apps. And webpage icon links for mouseperks and character locator.

The TP Lines app requires the subscription to get wait times? Is it worth the $14.95 or whatever?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter