What an INCREDIBLE weekend I had!!!

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
Some of you may know that back about 5 months now I posted that I had signed up to be part of the crew for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer which was this past weekend in Chicago.

All I can say is WOW - I can't imagine what it would have been like if the amount of people showed up that participated last year which was 6000. This year they had about 2300 walkers.

It was a very straining and long weekend and VERY hard work but worth almost every minute. Despite the lack of sleep (I got about 6 hours total from Friday night to yesterday), taking a shower while it was raining and taking a tent down in the rain and all the mud that followed - it was a very eye opening experience. These people that walk are incredible - some are patients currently in treatment, some are patients that have just finished treatment, some are family members or friends walking for those that can't because they are so drained from treatment, and some are family and friends of those that have lost their lives to this horrendous disease. I talked with many walkers who appreciated everything the crew did but little did they realize how much WE appreciated what they were doing!!!! I didn't get to stay for closing ceremony because I had to walk about 4 1/2 blocks to my car with my luggage and it was getting nasty looking out (I was about a half block from the garage when it decided to pour!) but I did get to see a bit of it on the news and it looked amazing - all those people gathered together celebrating what they had accomplished!!!

For anyone that emailed me of PM'd with support - I appreciate it. I had heard from a lot of people that had participated in the old walk and although they said there were some differences they were happy with this walk and would be more than happy to do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter