What am I missing?!

JonMcIntosh

Jonathan McIntosh
It's just over five days before our family's first cruise ever, aboard DCL or any other cruise line. We have 7 nights on the Fantasy during our kid's fall break next week and we are all losing our minds with excitement.

Question: what should I be doing/checking/double-checking this week?

I have yet to pre-pay our gratuities, but other than that, we have:

-Shore excursions booked (and in some cases pre-paid for).
-Palo brunch booked on one of our sea days.
-Drink tastings booked.
-Checked in and Port Arrival Forms printed out.
-Cleared to sail from Safe Passage.
-Everyone's vax cards in hand.
-Everyone's passports in hand.
-Suitcases in every room and we start to pack today.
-First day bag with swim suits and sun block at the ready.
-Post cruise hotel room booked.
-Lanyards and door magnets arrive from Amazon today.
-Two bottles of wine packed in a neoprene sleeve.

What am I missing?!

Thanks to everyone for their insight. It's been invaluable!

@CamColt @sophy1996 Thanks, ya'll. And adding cash for tips to my punch list.

To Do:
-Pre-pay gratuities.
-Decide on photo package.
-Withdraw cash for tips.

Keep in mind you don't HAVE to prepay gratuities if you don't want to. Those will automatically be charged to your On Board Account to be paid off at the end of the cruise. In 24 Disney cruises I have never prepaid. ;)

Yes! We're planning on using Oceaneer's and Vibe, and maybe even Edge. (We have four kids 7, 10, 14, and 16.)

But those areas don't require reservations anymore, do they?
No reservations anymore needed.

Like someone said the gratuities are automatically put on your room card but you can go pay cash down at anytime at guest services. That is what we did so we don’t come home to a big bill.

You could have up to 2 bottles of wine per adult at boarding so maybe more than 2 bottles of wine depending on how much you drink - though it is 7 nights so plenty of time to drink more than two bottles!

Also do you have water bottles to fill up and carry with you around the ship?

Anything for motion sickness - seabands or similar patch etc ?

It's just over five days before our family's first cruise ever, aboard DCL or any other cruise line. We have 7 nights on the Fantasy during our kid's fall break next week and we are all losing our minds with excitement.

-Drink tastings booked.

What am I missing?!

Your list looks good! BTW, my husband and I are on the same cruise!

Just know that things don't always go according to plan... our cruise on the Fantasy was lovely but due to weather/ship issues we ended up skipping two of our ports. And on our first cruise our kid was just exhausted. So also just pack your patience and be ready to roll with whatever comes.

Have an AMAZING time!

-Drink tastings booked.

What am I missing?!

FWIW, I assume that you're bringing the wine in order to have with dinner. That being said, you're allowed to bring four bottles of wine onboard with you. Two bottles per adult.

To keep in mind that you wont be able to do it all, and don't forget to have fun? :)
Yes. And yes. Thank you.

Keep in mind you don't HAVE to prepay gratuities if you don't want to. Those will automatically be charged to your On Board Account to be paid off at the end of the cruise. In 24 Disney cruises I have never prepaid. ;)
At first I didn't want that end of cruise bill to be so big... but now that you mention it, I think I'll just wait. Thanks!

For Pirate Night - you might want to look at inexpensive costumes to take for the kids
Yes, thank you, Tink. I think we're good. We bought an easy kit that includes hat and eye patch for everyone the family.

You could have up to 2 bottles of wine per adult at boarding so maybe more than 2 bottles of wine depending on how much you drink - though it is 7 nights so plenty of time to drink more than two bottles!

Also do you have water bottles to fill up and carry with you around the ship?

Anything for motion sickness - seabands or similar patch etc ?
Well, I should've said we have our allotted 2 bottles per adult! We also have water bottles and seabands, ginger gum and maybe a patch of some kind?

So also just pack your patience and be ready to roll with whatever comes.
Yes! So hard for an obsessive planner to do... but yes.

Your list looks good! BTW, my husband and I are on the same cruise!
Thanks... and so cool! We'll be the loud family with four kids that everyone prays they don't get sat with in the main dining rooms. :crazy2:

Play the final game of bingo on the sea day. Get there early as it does sell out for electronic cards. You could win a lot of money
Ok, will do! Does that normally happen in the D-Lounge?

FWIW, I assume that you're bringing the wine in order to have with dinner. That being said, you're allowed to bring four bottles of wine onboard with you. Two bottles per adult.
Well, we're bringing the wine to enjoy anytime! And, yes, I should've said it, but we are ready with our allotted two bottles per adult. Thanks!

Yes. And yes. Thank you.

At first I didn't want that end of cruise bill to be so big... but now that you mention it, I think I'll just wait. Thanks!

Yes, thank you, Tink. I think we're good. We bought an easy kit that includes hat and eye patch for everyone the family.

Well, I should've said we have our allotted 2 bottles per adult! We also have water bottles and seabands, ginger gum and maybe a patch of some kind?

Yes! So hard for an obsessive planner to do... but yes.

Thanks... and so cool! We'll be the loud family with four kids that everyone prays they don't get sat with in the main dining rooms. :crazy2:

Ok, will do! Does that normally happen in the D-Lounge?

Well, we're bringing the wine to enjoy anytime! And, yes, I should've said it, but we are ready with our allotted two bottles per adult. Thanks!
The final game is usually in the movie theater because it’s bigger than the d lounge.

You didn’t mention a packing list, but we really like clothes pins as it helps us maximize space when line drying swimsuits in the shower over multiple days as well as battery operated tea lights for in the middle of the night potty breaks so you don’t light up the whole cabin when you open the door.

Bring extra bathing suits. They don't dry very well in the bathroom. I purchased magnetic hooks/clips to hang damp suits and other items on the walls of the stateroom. The magnets work on the veranda dividers also. Bathing suits dried quickly on the veranda. Hang closer to the sliding door so they don't blow away on windy days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter