• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What am I forgetting?

tracylynnhare

Earning my ears, again! Lol, Haven't been on here
Trip planned August 30 - September 9, 2024. Only a few of us out of the 8 have been before. I am working on a list of things that I want to be sure to do/see. I am ok I think as far as "what to ride", but more like things that I have done as a Dis "Veteran" - about 20 trips - the last one was in 2016. I have a list going (and hopefully these things are still there!!) so please add anything you think would be good to add!

I know I want to:

• Rent bikes on the boardwalk and eat the Kitchen Sink
  • DIsney Springs - see the Lego stuff that is built and stuff a box full of Mr. Potato Head parts (I hope they still have that, we use to go there all the time and get accessories for my DD26's Potato Head)
  • Fantasmic
  • Lion King Show in AK; my FAVORITE SHOW!
  • Epcot Water Fireworks show (we watched this from a boat/tour once, do they still do that)? Is it priced per person or for the boat?
  • Parades
  • 2 Character Meals (thinking Norway and Chef Mickey)? Kids are Boys - 5, 10, 13; Girls 1, 7
  • Whispering Canyon Café ?? Is this still a fun place to eat?

Please let me know what else!

My personal favorite character meal is Topalinos at the Riveria, but also really enjoy chef mickeys for what it is.

If you want to see the new drone show at Disney Springs since you are already planning on being there could be a cool experience.

I am planning on trying whispering canyon in July for the first time so I hope it lives up to the hype!

My personal favorite character meal is Topalinos at the Riveria, but also really enjoy chef mickeys for what it is.

If you want to see the new drone show at Disney Springs since you are already planning on being there could be a cool experience.

I am planning on trying whispering canyon in July for the first time so I hope it lives up to the hype!
OOH, I will definitely add the drone show! I didn't know about that!

I'd recommend Tusker House at Animal Kingdom for one of your two Character Meals. First, it's cool to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and more in Safari Outfits, instead of their casual outfits that you can see them anywhere else on property. Plus the personal interactions they have with each table is great. Not to also mention, the food there for lunch\dinner is very good.

Also while at Disney Springs, take the free Sassagoula River Cruise to Port Orleans French Quarter and get some Mickey shaped Beignets! Very nice and relaxing cruise down the river and unique experience even if you aren't staying at that hotel.

Plus you mention you have a good grasp of attractions. Although check out this link below for Special Events at Disney World...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/#/sort=alpha/

From those event listed, the items we are most excited to try on our next visit are the following....

Behind the Seeds (Epcot)
Caring for Giants (Animal Kingdom)
Close up with Rhinos (Animal Kingdom)
Disney's Keys to the Kingdom Tour (Magic Kingdom)
Starlight Safari (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Wild Africa Trek (Animal Kingdom)

Last edited:

The Epcot fireworks cruise holds 10 people and is priced per boat (around $300). There’s also a fireworks dessert party at magic kingdom, with special area to watch the fireworks but it’s pricey (around $100 per person). Also, I think Mickeys not so scary Halloween party is going on while you’re there. That’s expensive also though. Whispering canyon is still fun and boisterous. Fort Wilderness has a campfire and movie with chip snd dale that’s free and fun.

I don’t think they have the Potato Head parts anymore 😢. My kids are way past the potato head age but I’d buy them for me in a heartbeat if I could find them.

They have an M&M store now in Disney Springs where you can make your own bag of M&Ms from tons of colors and flavors you don’t normally see. Pretty fun to see the like wall of M&Ms if your kids have not done an M&M store yet. But be warned- YOU keep hold of the power to fill the bags or you will have life regrets ranging from pocketbook pain to sugar high kids lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter