• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What airlines have you flown?

My husband is getting ready to get on Emirates Air for the first time. He's heard good things about them. We'll see.

Almost every airline I've flown has already been mentioned.

Not mentioned:
In the mid 80s, there was something called Air Atlanta. All the seats were First Class, at an economy price. We flew it to Orlando and back, connecting in Atlanta. It only lasted a few years.

BWIA (British West Indies Airlines)-New York to Barbados. Now defunct.

Sabena (Belgian Airlines)-New York to Brussels. Now defunct.

Still flying and already mentioned: Air New Zealand. However, I did NOT fly to NZ, but rather from Los Angeles to London and back. Before I took these flights, I didn't realize flying between two countries using a third country's airline was legal, but I learned there is something called "Fifth Freedom" flights where it is possible. The flight originates in Auckland, stops in LA, then continues to London.

You know, I have no idea. Delta, for sure. USAir? American? United? I have no clue. To me, a plane is a plane. Customer service is always mediocre.

What does that say about the airline business?

My husband is getting ready to get on Emirates Air for the first time. He's heard good things about them. We'll see.

Haven't flown with them, but they're supposedly a mixed bag. Service and amenities are supposedly first rate. However, they make money with small seat pitch and relatively narrow seats.

Haven't flown with them, but they're supposedly a mixed bag. Service and amenities are supposedly first rate. However, they make money with small seat pitch and relatively narrow seats.

I've read that Emirates has 10 across seating in economy while most other airlines flying the same type of plane have 9 across.

He is in first class so that shouldn't be an issue. As long as he gets there in one piece, I'll be happy!

TWA
Continental
Delta
Virgin Atlantic
JetBlue
Frontier

Last edited:
The ones I remember are

American
Delta
United
Northwest
TWA
Carnival
Song
Jet Blue
Southwest
Aeromexico
American Eagle
Spirit

I know there are others.

Last edited:
He is in first class so that shouldn't be an issue. As long as he gets there in one piece, I'll be happy!

Depends on the equipment. On an A380 there's access to a full lounge as well as onboard showers.

Depends on the equipment. On an A380 there's access to a full lounge as well as onboard showers.

He didn't mention showers, but he did say there was a lounge and he sent me a picture of the comfy seat that converts to a nice bed and was very private. I don't care if it was a king sized bed with a private hot tub, I wouldn't want to be on a plane that long!

WOW OTT
But I did like the lie flat seats in Cathay

FC_Private_Suite_04_800x600_tcm272-1588946.jpg

And the shower:

They do have a five minute limit on the water though.

I remember some time ago lounges in the forward section of coach and the piano bar in the aft section. During the flight we left our regular seats, sat in the lounge, and stayed there for landing!

Nothing like the cattle car flying of today. Even first class has little to offer in some aircraft and airlines.

Air India
Air North
Alaska Airlines
American
Braniff
British Airways
Continental
Delta
Eastern Airlines
Hawaiian Airlines
Japan Airlines
Lufthansa
Saturn Airways
Seaboard & Western
TWA
United

Last edited:
I've flown on

Alaska
American
American Eagle
Continental
Delta
El Al
Jet Blue
Southwest
United

I've probably been on a few others but these are the ones that I remember.

Air Canada
WestJet
CP Air
SkyService
Canadian Airlines
Continental
Air Transat
United
British Airways
Alaska
Hawaiian Airlines

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter