"We've got how many credits left?!" DxDDP fail review!---Final Impressions!

I'm really enjoying your report. And your boys are adorable! We are really considering the deluxe dining plan for our next trip in May. I want to eat at so many places. And my dh would be in heaven. That man LOVES to eat!

Great reviews. :)

Mickey in his farmer outfit is so cute I'm thinking we might have to hit Garden Grill next trip! My little farmer girls would love it.

That cobb salad at Brown Derby looks fabulous. My only regret about our last trip was that I was sick on our DHS day and skipped our lunch there. Gonna have to fit it in next time for sure.

I'm the same way about lobster - I love crab and shrimp, but just don't quite get the appeal of lobster at all. It has an odd taste that I just don't care for.

Looking forward to more! Our DxDDP trips (2 so far) never seem to go exactly according to my ridculously organized spreadsheet itinerary, but all in all we do love the plan and will do it again next time.

For our last day in the World I had O'hana breakfast scheduled at 10 am
We took the bus to Magic Kingdom and then a boat to Poly, we were once again ahead of schedule until I got lost at the Poly--those signs suck and so do my sense of directions but we made it!!
We took our family pic and then were seated , or we were supposed to be unfortunately our table was dirty so we stood and watched as the busser cleaned it, he explained it was his second day so it was understandable
We were started off with bread-pineapple and raisin, they were good--what I had at least, the boys pretty much attacked it--
here's the pic I got
P6290864-1.jpg

We didn't see our server for a good 10 minutes-no hello or anything and when she did come she didn't have the juice *sigh*
Eventually she brought juice and fruit
P6290870-1.jpg

nobody wanted any.
The parade started and I told Ty to go participate,he really liked it
P6290865-1.jpg

P6290868-1.jpg

The platter of food came out and it was lukewarm
P6290875-1.jpg

they came around with mini mickey waffles that were very crispy and not in the good way :confused3
I don't eat eggs but everything else was okay ..the boys barely ate
here's some character pics including one Mickey got a photopass attendant to take which was nice!!
P6290883-1.jpg

cool kids Pluto and Ty
P6290878-1.jpg

he didn't think getting choked by an alien was funny lol
P6290879-1.jpg

great smiling moment!!
P6290872-1.jpg

P6290871-1.jpg

P6290885-1.jpg

This was such a disappointing meal, service was slow and lacking , food was meh..the characters were nice though
I don't know if it was because of our late reservation but I won't be going back next trip! 2 out of 5
----3 credits---

We went to MK one last time and I got a lunch from El Pirate y Perico just to use a credit-it was a chicken burrito ...blech!no picture not worth me pulling my camera out over
1 credit used

We had a total of 8 snack credits left so after a few more rides we stopped at Liberty Square market and got 3 sodas, 3 bags of chips, an orange, and a pickle lol
8 snack credits
we sat and ate our snack except for one bag of chips and the pickle that was finished at the airport
so now can you guess how many meal credits we had left?? I'll tell you in my final thoughts later :yay:

Did I miss how many credits you had left? I think you did a great job balancing and planning the meals.
I teach students with autism and have my hands full taking them to the mall. I think you did a fantastic job. Does your little one use a communication device yet?
No you didn't i'm going to let everyone know on the final update...take a guess!!
I admire all teachers but teachers of special needs children are superheroes to me! I am worn out with just him and the thought of 5-6 (his class max size) children who are similar to him makes me exhausted!! :laughing:
He uses it at school but not home, he said No for the first time on Thursday though :yay::cool1::yay:

I'm really enjoying your report. And your boys are adorable! We are really considering the deluxe dining plan for our next trip in May. I want to eat at so many places. And my dh would be in heaven. That man LOVES to eat!
there was no question for me with DxDDP lol I love my appetizers so I had to have it!! the plan =foodie heaven!!
Great reviews. :)

Mickey in his farmer outfit is so cute I'm thinking we might have to hit Garden Grill next trip! My little farmer girls would love it.

That cobb salad at Brown Derby looks fabulous. My only regret about our last trip was that I was sick on our DHS day and skipped our lunch there. Gonna have to fit it in next time for sure.

I'm the same way about lobster - I love crab and shrimp, but just don't quite get the appeal of lobster at all. It has an odd taste that I just don't care for.

Looking forward to more! Our DxDDP trips (2 so far) never seem to go exactly according to my ridculously organized spreadsheet itinerary, but all in all we do love the plan and will do it again next time.
Mickey was very cute and I would highly reccomend this one I didn't see one child without a giant grin, even most honorary children (aka adults) did!!
Next time I do Brown Derby i'm making a meal out of the salad, the thought of a packed salad like that being an app is a little silly its a meal in itself!!
:yay: i'm glad i'm not a weirdo for not caring for the lobster lol
next time I do the DxDDP i'm going to be less strict with my planning and less selfish with the credits, just eat and enjoy!!! not letting go of my chart though :laughing:

I've really enjoyed your reviews. We are planning on going deluxe next time we go. Also as the mom of a child with an ASD just wanted to chip in OT and say WooHoo for P telling you no,:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: and I have to laugh a bit because that's one of those things that woulden't sound like anything to celebrate to most parents :lmao::rotfl2:.

Hey there :goodvibes

Lovely photos of your boys at Ohana :goodvibes

Shame that your breakfast wasn't so great

:thumbsup2

Great photos. The report is great too... I'm waiting for the total credits left over:surfweb:

Yum, 'Ohana brekkie looks great. That raisin bread looks amazing - it's weird what becomes appealing when you're constantly on WW :rolleyes:

My guess is 10 leftover meal credits (if I did my math right :teacher: ). Even with all those credits left, I don't think it was a complete 'fail.' You did lots of character meals with the kids, and those are a great value on the plan. Plus, you had lots of snacks, refresments, etc.

I've really enjoyed your report! You have such a lovely family and your pictures are great! Looking forward to the "Grand Total!"
Jessica

Aww, sad to read that you weren't blown over by Ohana - especially since it was the last breakfast.

I've enjoyed following along and am interested in seeing your final thoughts!

Loved your report! I'd adore the deluxe plan for me & DH but we also have 3 teen girls & a 4yr old boy, so I think it'd actually be more expensive than the AsMu family suite for the week!:rotfl:

Never read one of these before and was very entertained. And, as everyone else has said (but as mom I'm sure you don't get tired of hearing) your boys are adorable. And how brave to do all this sit down meals with two so young. Good on you!

I have loved your reviews! I am so impressed that your boys did all that sit-down eating. Looking forward to the final word!

After our final day in the World we had *drumroll* 8 CREDITS....But honestly I :love: the DxDDP and I would do it all over again and plan on it next year in November for Thanksgiving (if we stay on site) ...
The DxDDP gave me the freedom I was looking for and I never sat down and added up if it was worth the money but being able to sign off on a $100+ meal without having to pull out cash or break a sweat made the experience totally worth it!
Honestly the snack credits were overkill and I found myself getting snacks just for the heck of it at the end. I chose this because of the appetizers because I honestly will only go to a restaurant if I think they have a decent appetizer menu so I HAD to have my apps..the character meals were another reason why, we went to a lot (I can't remember how many :rotfl: ) and the experience was great, there are a few I will not be returning to (Tusker House, O'Hana, CRT :scared1:) and will replace those with others (Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare) but the experience of meeting the characters in that way was amazing for the boys! As a former culinary student being able to taste so many fancy schmancy :-)laughing:) foodie foods was an added bonus to this vacation to me and I can't wait to do it all over again!:woohoo:

I really enjoyed your reviews - especially Garden Grill. I keep going back to your pictures. We are undecided about trying it but probably will. The food looks pretty good. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter