We've Got a World-Class Menagerie: Where Should We Stay?

Yes, I’m trying to imagine walking and the limits of twins who already immediately walk in opposite directions from each other! This is so helpful.

What about two nice umbrella strollers? Use them to go from point a to b, park them, then each is with a grownup? (while the oldest wonders what happened lol...said as the oldest of 5 total)

Seems like it’s more easily mobile in crowds, and lighter, than a double.

What about two nice umbrella strollers? Use them to go from point a to b, park them, then each is with a grownup? (while the oldest wonders what happened lol...said as the oldest of 5 total)

Seems like it’s more easily mobile in crowds, and lighter, than a double.

I think you're onto something here.

Oldest is going through the adjustment pretty well, but we still hit the occasional "I'm a baby too! Carry me! CARRY me! CARRY ME!" which is lovely when shrieked at increasingly loud volume in the Target parking lot.

When we had three kids 5 and under, we preferred staying at the Poly (we spent lots of time at MK) and renting a car for the other parks. Being able to leave on our schedule and not wrestle three tired kids and two strollers (I prefer two singles over a double) on a bus was priceless. The Poly has DVC studio villas, I would look into renting points there.

As our kids got older, we started splitting between the Poly and YC & BC. Stormalong Bay is indeed magnificent and we love it, but it was very stressful when the kids were smaller. It is large and rambling and, being outnumbered, I was always afraid of losing sight of one of them.

You could look into staying at the Contemporary. Those rooms are really big and you can walk to Magic Kingdom, where I'd imagine you'd be spending a lot of time. It's also a nice monorail trip to Epcot where you wouldn't have to worry about folding up a stroller or anything.

When we had three kids 5 and under, we preferred staying at the Poly (we spent lots of time at MK) and renting a car for the other parks. Being able to leave on our schedule and not wrestle three tired kids and two strollers (I prefer two singles over a double) on a bus was priceless. The Poly has DVC studio villas, I would look into renting points there.

As our kids got older, we started splitting between the Poly and YC & BC. Stormalong Bay is indeed magnificent and we love it, but it was very stressful when the kids were smaller. It is large and rambling and, being outnumbered, I was always afraid of losing sight of one of them.

Thank you for the insight about Stormalong Bay; I think that may be important to keep in mind. And yes! I’m looking into renting points, feeling a bit overwhelmed but excited!

You could look into staying at the Contemporary. Those rooms are really big and you can walk to Magic Kingdom, where I'd imagine you'd be spending a lot of time. It's also a nice monorail trip to Epcot where you wouldn't have to worry about folding up a stroller or anything.

It’s strange but having never stayed at a deluxe I have a weird bias where I keep feeling like they’re somehow not tiny kid friendly (which is silly because it’s Disney, but still). I’ll keep it in mind!

It’s strange but having never stayed at a deluxe I have a weird bias where I keep feeling like they’re somehow not tiny kid friendly (which is silly because it’s Disney, but still). I’ll keep it in mind!
I typically stay deluxe and believe me there are a ton of kids all over the place. I've stayed with kids at deluxe and never had any issue. I find them way more convenient, when I have a kid of my own I'll only be staying where I don't have to rely on the buses.

I would recommend either Poly or Contemporary/BLT. At the Poly, you can take the monorail, take the resort boat or take the Ferry to the TTC. If you rent DVC points, I would try to do a 1BR at Bay Lake Tower. Their studios are quite small. The 1BR's have 2 full bathrooms and the living room is very spacious so the kiddos can run around and not be all over each other and everyone else.

Happy planning!!!

I typically stay deluxe and believe me there are a ton of kids all over the place. I've stayed with kids at deluxe and never had any issue. I find them way more convenient, when I have a kid of my own I'll only be staying where I don't have to rely on the buses.
Good to know - thanks for the reassurance!

I would recommend either Poly or Contemporary/BLT. At the Poly, you can take the monorail, take the resort boat or take the Ferry to the TTC. If you rent DVC points, I would try to do a 1BR at Bay Lake Tower. Their studios are quite small. The 1BR's have 2 full bathrooms and the living room is very spacious so the kiddos can run around and not be all over each other and everyone else.

Happy planning!!!

And two bathrooms is never a bad idea, especially if we've got two with any interest in potty training :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter