We've always wondered what Shades of Green resort looks like?

Massillon Dad

Mouseketeer
Its like a top secret "government area 51" ...nobody ever posts pictures....whats it look like? Whats goin on over there? How much do rooms go for? They got a nice pool? Whats the theme: disney characters in uniform?:confused3...and didn't that resort used to be something different when Disneyworld first opened?

I was laughing so hard at your post. The website is shadesofgreen I think.

As a member eligible to stay at Shades of Green, I prefer to stay at one of the Disney resorts. It is a nice resort, but it just doesn't have that Disney feel to it. And I don't like that the shuttle takes you to TTC. I prefer the direct transportation at the resorts, even the values.

Yes it is the Shades of Green. It was originally The Golf Resort and then changed to The Disney Inn.(Snow White theming) In 94 the resort was leased for 100 years for the use of Miltary and some DOD. In 96 it was purchased outright.. As for theming, Shades has a Mickey Pool and a patriotic large Mickey Statue in the lobby. Thats it.. It has more of a country club feel to it. (I personally am glad to have a quite place to go back to after being in the parks all day.) Thats another thing, The guests are the most well behaved of any resort on Disney property..The rooms are also some of the largest..480 sq feet for just a regular room. Thats huge by Disney standards. The price? So cheap. (For us $128.00 a night) and Shades is considered a Deluxe resort. A stay at the Polynesian (Across the street.) for the same time we are going to be at Shades is $540.00 with a much smaller room. Also Shades is self supporting with no help from taxpayers dollars..The buses have run great every time we have ever been there. (Dont know why some would complain about this as we have NEVER had a problem. The only thing to be desired is the restaurants however we almost always eat off property.Hope thats enough info for you..:lmao:

We too have stayed at Shades of Green. Although we enjoyed our stay, we too found the bus transportation to the Transportation Center less than convenient. Once dropped off at the Transporation Center, you have to connect to your destination via either a bus or the monorail. It is MUCH more convenient to take transportation from your onsite resort directly to the destination of your choice. The transportation arrangement as it stands now is akin to the many partner resorts off site surrounding WDW. Expectations being EVERYTHING, if you know this when making resort stay arrangements, all should be fine. If you are expecting transportation from Shades of Green directly to each resort you will be dissapointed.

Shades of Green is a nice quiet resort that does not have the onsite feel of Disney. If this is what you are looking for, then FANTASTIC choice! If you are looking to be immersed in Disney, this is not the resort that will provide that for you.

Cheers!:thumbsup2

We have stayed at SOG two years in a row and love it! The rooms are large and clean. The other guests are great. I have no problem with the buses. They go to TTC, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney and the water parks. Right by the bus stop, there is the express cafe which serves up breakfast and sandwiches.

There is also a shuttle that will take you to the Polynesian where you can hop directly on the monorail if you want.

The only shortcoming is the sit down restaurants. They aren't bad by any means but they aren't spectacular.

There's a shuttle that will take you to the Poly? Cool. We're staying there for the first time in Oct. and was planning a couple meals at the Poly since it's so close but didn't know there was a shuttle. Yay! :thumbsup2

There's a shuttle that will take you to the Poly? Cool. We're staying there for the first time in Oct. and was planning a couple meals at the Poly since it's so close but didn't know there was a shuttle. Yay! :thumbsup2

I just came across this thread and had to correct this misinformation. There is NO shuttle that takes SOG guests to the Poly. There is a bus to the TTC. There is also a golf cart that will take you down to the end of the driveway across the street from the Poly. We prefer to walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter