Westgate properties....which one?

MyMuse

From here...to there!
Is anyone familiar with these properties?

I need to choose from one of these properties for my December stay, as I will loose the week if I don't. So, no staying on property this time. :sad1:

My trip does revolve hanging in the Disney parks for the most part (duh!). I don't want to be too far from the action.

I've stayed at Westgate Vacation Villas and would prefer not to stay there again. And if I'm not mistaken, I think Westgate Towers is on the same property. I know all about their sales pitches and they will not be bothering me. :upsidedow

I did a search on the forum, but it didn't tell me much and I'm going to swing over to hotel review sites and check them out there as well.

The properties:

1. Westgate Blue Tree, 12007 Cypress Run Road, Lake Buena Vista
2. Westgate Lakes Resort, 10000 Turkey Lake Road, Orlando
3. Westgate Leisure Resort, 6950 Villa De Costa Drive, Orlando
4. Westgate Palace, 6145 Carrier Drive, Orlando

Have stayed at WVV..prefer not to again, but will if it makes most sense to get to Disney.
5. Westgate Towers, 7600 U.S. 192 West, Kissimmee
6. Westgate Vacation Villas, 2770 Old Lake Wilson Rd, Kissimmee

We stayed in the Westgate Lakes on Turkey Lake a number of years ago. At that time there were villas, which we stayed in. To get anywhere you needed to walk down a path by the lake; all morning long sales personnel in golf carts (we called them hustlebuggies) would practically mow you down. They seemed to aim for kids. It was our least favorite stay at any place in Orlando.

Would you mind saying why you wouldn't stay at the Towers/Vacation Villas? Those seem to be the closest of all other locations to the WDW property.

Right now they are showing availability for a time I want to go next year. May also see about Blue Tree as well, but would like to know any reason not to stay here.

Would be me, DH, and DD (9 at the time). TripAdvisor only showing 4 reviews right now. The only bad one was a person complaining about their internet.

Any other info would be great.

I would also like to know why it is you wouldn't stay at Westgate Vacation Villas. I'll be staying there at the end of the month. I like that it is closest to Disney (don't like that it is off US 192, but I'll get over that). I'll be at the convention center mostly and at the parks the rest of the time. Will probably go to the pool once or twice, if we can squeeze in the time.

05MM08MM- I can post my review of the property when I return.

We stayed in the Westgate Lakes on Turkey Lake a number of years ago. At that time there were villas, which we stayed in. To get anywhere you needed to walk down a path by the lake; all morning long sales personnel in golf carts (we called them hustlebuggies) would practically mow you down. They seemed to aim for kids. It was our least favorite stay at any place in Orlando.

Yeah, all places like that do the same thing. It's really unfortunate, though I have never been mowed down by a golf cart yet. I'm thinking that I would not have a good reaction to that. :laughing:

Would you mind saying why you wouldn't stay at the Towers/Vacation Villas? Those seem to be the closest of all other locations to the WDW property.

Right now they are showing availability for a time I want to go next year. May also see about Blue Tree as well, but would like to know any reason not to stay here.

Would be me, DH, and DD (9 at the time). TripAdvisor only showing 4 reviews right now. The only bad one was a person complaining about their internet.

Any other info would be great.

Are they closest? I don't mind staying there again, but I've already done it and wanted to ry something different.

I, personally, have never had a big problem with the Vacation Villas part (I've never stayed at the Towers area), except for the last time couple of years ago when the sales personnel would not let me leave the bulding without signing a survey and were really insistent and mean about it.

I should have called the police; later on, I learned that is false imprisonment according to my cousin, the cop. It was an horrendous experience. After I got home, I called their coporate HQ, FL's attorney general and the BBB.

Tripadvisor used to have way more reviews than that. I did try to post my review on tripadavisor but they would not take it.

I would also like to know why it is you wouldn't stay at Westgate Vacation Villas. I'll be staying there at the end of the month. I like that it is closest to Disney (don't like that it is off US 192, but I'll get over that). I'll be at the convention center mostly and at the parks the rest of the time. Will probably go to the pool once or twice, if we can squeeze in the time.

05MM08MM- I can post my review of the property when I return.

See above. The 192 isn't bad at all. Or, at least, it was not the last time I was there.
If it's closest to Disney, I'll stay there again, except be way more forceful with the sales people. Or since I have a BBB report on them, they probably will not bother me at all. :cool2: I hope!

I'v never really used the pool, so I don't have any opeinion on it. I rarely stay inside the complex.

I recently (about a month ago) stayed at Westgate Town Center. It's on the same property as the Villas and Towers, but are newer and very nice!! My mom traded points to stay there so when they tried to get her to go to their vacation club presentation she just told them she already was a member of one and they left her alone. My brother and his family came on the trip too, but stayed at the Villas. They hated it, and said our room at Town Center was A LOT nicer. We stayed in building 5400 near pool 13, and I would 100% recommend it.

We just finished a week at Westgate Town Center and did not love it.

Many of the appliances were broken and/or cheap:
safe did not work
dishwasher handle was cracked, and did not open easily
coffee maker was broken
blender could not crush ice
jacuzzi tub half the jets did not work (yes, I know about fiddling with the pressure knobs)
Ice maker broken

Glasses shattered when they toppled over gently onto a towel

The light pollution at night was enough to be disturbing.

No hand towels/dish towels in the kitchen. No placemats.

Noise from above was a problem. I knew the family who lived above us schedule (bath time, play time, run from daddy time), simply from hearing the little feet pounding around.

So, while it was relatively clean, I've stayed at MUCH nicer timeshare properties.

The property itself was not convenient, especially for a disabled person. Only 6 handicapped parking spots were earmarked, while the building had at least 12 handicapped suites. The only pool open was 160 yards away, although if you stayed on the sidewalks the walk was over 1/4 mile. This was a problem for me as I have very limited mobility.

Believe me, I'm not a complainer or a whiner, but Westgate Town Center was the least pleasant leg of our 4 week vacation.

I need to choose from one of these properties for my December stay, as I will loose the week if I don't. So, no staying on property this time. :sad1:

My trip does revolve hanging in the Disney parks for the most part (duh!). I don't want to be too far from the action.

I've stayed at Westgate Vacation Villas and would prefer not to stay there again. And if I'm not mistaken, I think Westgate Towers is on the same property. I know all about their sales pitches and they will not be bothering me. :upsidedow

I did a search on the forum, but it didn't tell me much and I'm going to swing over to hotel review sites and check them out there as well.

The properties:

Have stayed at WVV..prefer not to again, but will if it makes most sense to get to Disney.

:cool1:

The properties:

Just try to check where to stay at rjkarlic.com
You can get discounts on all the hotels you choose!
Have a nice day ahead!

I have the same question as the Original Poster.... which Westgate property to stay at. I've read reviews and at this point might be leaning toward Towers. Things that are important to me are: CLEAN rooms, clean comfortable beds, updated rooms (new-ish carpet, kitchen, tv, etc), and a realtively quiete environment. We'll be there in December and have our own car.
Anyone have thoughts to share on the Westgate properties?... Thanks!

I can only speak for Westgate Lakes which for us was good and close to Disney, universal, walmart etc.

i stayed in towers back in 2001 and i had no issues with it and i also stayed at vacation villas in 2010, the only thing bad i can say about that resort was since the addition of Town Center they havent done and refurb on the vacation villas.

I will be staying at Westgate Lesiure for xmas it was the only II trade we could get for an arrivial on 12/23.

I stayed at the Westgate Resort on December 2009. If you are not an owner DO NOT GO. They charge you for EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. They made us do a 90 minute your which was a 3 hour sales pitch. we had a bug problem in our room and when it rained and my 80 year old father had to get back to our room NOBODY would drive them in their golf carts. They have hundreds. They were horrible. Do not go.

We just got back last night from a week's stay at Westgate Lakes. We loved the resort.

Our room was clean, updated, HUGE, and the resort amenities were excellent. We were given a complimentary VIP card (we are not owners) which entitled us to free use of the resort amenities such as mini golf, paddle boats, bicycle rentals, etc. The pools were awesome and the resort itself was well manicured.

Anytime we had a problem (which was rare) the staff were very quick to remedy it. We found the staff to be responsive and helpful.

We did the "90 minute" tour (which we knew about and agreed to ahead of time, in exchange for an amazing $69 nightly rate for a two bed, two bath villa), which like others have said, was more like 3 plus hours. Stay away from the tour if you can. Its high pressure. I have no problem saying no (neither does my DH) so we weren't worried, but others might have more difficulty.

The property itself, though? It was great. The room was well appointed and the view was awesome (we could watch the Disney fireworks from our great big screened in balcony). Very quiet location overlooking the lake. Super convenient for Seaworld and Universal. Super Walmart just up the road. 5 minutes to International Drive. Awesome proximity to the outlet malls.

Wow, they gave you a VIP. card, you are lucky. $5 for tennis ball, $5 for racquets, $5 for court time. They asked for $5 when we checked on for their charity. $5 for paddle boats, $5 to look out the window....kidding. When we called about the ants, it took 48 hours to get that fixed. In a room that slept or, there was a place setting of everything for 2. .... There was no stove either. The washer and dryer were on the 5 th floor, we we're on the first. Not only we're the far away, they were broken. It was a is aster from start to finish. I'm glad they were good to somebody.

gcarney said:
Wow, they gave you a VIP. card, you are lucky. $5 for tennis ball, $5 for racquets, $5 for court time. They asked for $5 when we checked on for their charity. $5 for paddle boats, $5 to look out the window....kidding. When we called about the ants, it took 48 hours to get that fixed. In a room that slept or, there was a place setting of everything for 2. .... There was no stove either. The washer and dryer were on the 5 th floor, we we're on the first. Not only we're the far away, they were broken. It was a is aster from start to finish. I'm glad they were good to somebody.

What westgate was this?

We just returned from a trip to Disney in July. Stayed 3 nights at BlueTree. We have owned there for years but never stayed (bought resale off ebay as a trading location). We actually don't own with Westgate, but the private owners group who own the majority of the property, but my review of size and amenities is the same.
Compared to the first part of our trip at the Boardwalk, it was tiny. But... it was nice. We stayed in a 2bd with W/D. The unit was clean. Screened porch so you could sit outside without being attacked by bugs. The one pool we used was clean and a decent temperature.
Parking was close by, and there were elevators available. Never found a luggage cart and we checked in late with lots of bags, but I survived. The bedrooms are small- have the dressers in the closet because no room in room.

It is convenient to restaurants and drugstore/grocery shopping, being just north of DtD. We will stay there again in the future.

What westgate was this?

Westgate Town Center

The VIP card was available to purchase, if it wasn't included with your stay. It was $30 for a family for one week. No one asked for anything for charity during our stay.

We had plenty of dishes.....our room slept 8. We may not have had 8 plates (but then again, we may have....I didn't count them), but we must have had upwards of 20 glasses. The cupboards were well stocked with dishes. We didn't cook in the villa so it wasn't a big deal either way.

We also didn't stay at the Town Center property, so it might be difficult to compare the two. We stayed at Westgate Lakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!