We're TOO EXCITED to sleep! 1st PTR, 3rd Aug Trip. Free Dining here we come!

The ME is fantastic. It's very well organized. We've used it every time except in 2004 when it wasn't yet available. If there is a long wait to get a bus to your resort, the line guides usually have trivia games for the kids with the winning kid getting the copy of the card.
Don't worry. TSM is a great great ride. Even if it seems you have to wait long you should go for it. It opens 2 days after we arrive.. Glad for that, but Star Tours will be closing so we have to grab a last ride to Endor. Next time Star Tours will be in 3D. All missing out on Small World http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/sad06.gif
Best thing of all. We will be home for 10 glorious days..
Everyone..Enjoy your departure from the "real world"
Bonnie

Thanks for the ME info! I'm really excited to use it. I'm a little bit apprehensive about only using Disney transportation within the parks & hotel, but that's only because we've had a car the last 3 times we went. I know it will be fine and fun to use the Disney busses. The boys will probably love it!

We definitely plan to ride TSM if at all possible. Hopefully a couple times, but we'll see how it goes.

DS8 and I watched the Food Network "Unwrapped" show about Disney foods. He was pretty excited to learn all about Goofy's Candy Company in DTD. The glaciers, the candy.....all of it! I must confess that I like it too - particularly having them make a custom mickey rice krispy treat for me!

So this is what he says to me, "Mommy, can we go to Goofy's Candy Company on the day we get to Disneyworld? And then I can get a big bag of candy. My goal will be to eat the whole bag while we are there, and then I can get another bag to take home with me when we leave." He was so proud of himself for making this wonderful plan and "GOAL". I am :rotfl2: that his great goal for the week is to eat the whole bag of candy. Funny!

This is a re-post of a general post I did, but I wanted to add it here as well.

My DH and I have been to WDW 4 times since we got married (including our honeymoon and 10 year anniversary). We LOVE it there, are SO sad when we come home, and can't wait to go back! We haven't been in 3 1/2 years - only because we didn't have the cash flow. We leave 4 weeks from yesterday for a nice long trip! 3 Days where I'll be at a conference and staying at CSR, and then 9 nights staying at the Pop with Park Hoppers, WPF&M, and Free Dining. The works!! We've spent so much time talking, planning, remembering, dreaming, obsessing......that I'm starting to be concerned that it won't meet all of our expectations. I KNOW better, but still I'm feeling a little stressed about it.

I know, call me crazy!

Here are some of the thoughts going through my head:

It is going to be hotter than the face of the sun. The kids will complain and be miserable because it will be hot. (We've been in August twice, and last time I said I would NEVER take the kids in August. Then the conference came along, and what a GREAT excuse to go back!)

9 Nights is a long time. What if we get tired of it. :confused3 (I know, ridiculous. My DH will wonder what is wrong with me if he reads this! :lmao:)

What if it just isn't magical for us this time?
What if the lines are long, the crowds are thick, and the boys can't see the fireworks because all of the tall people are in front of them with kids on their shoulders?

Oh my, what's wrong with me?
Thanks for letting me vent. Now go ahead and tell me I'm crazy and make me feel better! :cool1:

So it is under a month until our trip now, which completely entitles me to be keeping my eye out for anything needed for our trip. Tonight at Walgreens they had 3 packs of the Purex 3 in 1 sheets for 99 cents. I bought 3 packs. One to try out at home, and then I can so easily pack the others for our trip! I have to remember to pack a little bit of laundry soap in one of my handy dandy little Tupperware containers for those little "in room" washings. I also need to remember to do the trick I read on the boards for dish soap. Cut a sponge into many small squares, soak with dish soap, and then let it dry. Store in a little container, then pull out one square for washing cups in rooms, etc. Sounds like a good plan to me! Anyone out there ever tried it?

I think I have my shoe situation under control. I bought a pair of Teva Mush flip flops. I wore them once and they were fabulous! I don't want to wear them too much before we go, maybe just a couple more times. I want them to be "extra mushy" for our trip. And I've heard they don't really take any breaking in. I also just bought another pair of the cushy speedo flip flops that I've been wearing since the start of summer 09. They have served me well, and are very comfy! Plus the part that goes across your feet is stretchy, so they don't start to hurt or rub if your feet are hot or swelled. Bonus! So I think those will be my 2 pair of Disney touring shoes. Contemplating whether or not to bring tennies. I really never wear them at home, so I think "why bother". But then I have this feeling that I "should" just because that's what people do. Hmmmmmm.......suitcase space will be at a premium.

Now for the kids.....what to do, what to do. They tried on Crocs today. Gee, I hate to spend $64 so they each have a pair of Crocs for our trip. They wouldn't wear them much afterward. But would it be worth it? They both seem to need new sandals.....if I can even find them. By mid July they are practically starting to pull out the winter coats to start selling around here (ridiculous!). I looked for the croc look-alikes, but no dice. I don't think they're as popular as they used to be. I could just bring their tennis shoes and socks. I'm sort of stumped on this one. Also, what about the water parks? It seems like swim shoes would be a good idea. But I think I may have waited too long. Maybe a sporting goods store?????

Hubby wants to buy a new pair of New Balance tennies, and he will wear those. That and his Adidas slides for the pool, and he's good.

I guess that's enough about laundry and feet for now. Wow, do I make an exciting PTR or what? :rotfl2:

So, after weeks and months of pondering and planning we finally have made a final decision on our overnight plans. There was talk of going to my mom's for a night in between CSR and Pop, but now I know she won't be there then. So, one decision made.

Then there was talk of whether to stay at CSR for 3 nights and then move to Pop, or move for the 3rd night. Well, it's all settled, reserved, and paid for. We are staying at CSR for the first 2 nights, and then moving to Pop on the 3rd. That will be a one night ressie, and then the next day we will check out of Pop, check back into Pop (hopefully in the same room), and start our package with park tix and free dining. Hurray!:cheer2:

Checking in to say again, Thank You for all the work! I think it is going to work out great to be at the POP. Lets just pray for Disney to be up to there normal standards and allow us to stay in our room from Saturday without having to move Sunday!

I also just want to say we are going to be so ready for Disney by the time we leave. Living on Ramen noodles and Mac & Cheese for 3 weeks should help us to really enjoy our Free Dining:rotfl:

WE are starting to get more excited.....I have jury duty next week so I really hope I don't have any big long trials and it can get done in the week that has been assigned..
I haven't done a PTR yet, but that will be coming along.
Happy travels to all.
Bonnie

WE are starting to get more excited.....I have jury duty next week so I really hope I don't have any big long trials and it can get done in the week that has been assigned..
I haven't done a PTR yet, but that will be coming along.
Happy travels to all.
Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie! I hope you don't get put on a trial too. Happy Disney planning!:cool1:

It's almost August! Guess what that means. Our trip is less than 2 weeks away. Boy are we ever getting excited! And now that I've gotten some of the annoying decisions out of the way & little details are coming together, I'm feeling more and more thrilled.

What annoying decisions & details am I speaking of, you ask? (If anyone is out there reading :surfweb:)

Final shoe decisions - check! Boys in crocs for main shoes (purchased on sale), with sandal & tennis shoe backups. Bought DH a pair of New Balance tennies tonight (still thinking it's kind of late for him to be breaking them in, but he'll probably give it a valiant effort and bring the older ones as backups).

Folding storage bins purchased at the dollar store for "dumping" our pockets into when we get back to the room, or storing things we'll want to grab quickly. Other nicely sized Tupperware containers being collected for other needs. For example, I like to have a mini toiletry kit together that I can bring to the water parks with me in case we decide to go straight from there into a theme park for the evening. I have a great container for that which has served me well on my last couple of trips. It has been "gathered". Also, I purchased a misting fan, and it seems to work great!

Michigan shirts purchased for the boys for the newly decided on "Michigan shirt day".

Toy Story 3 and Disney Character silly bandz purchased for boys plane surprises.

Watched The Princess and the Frog tonight with my family - not really that important, but nice to do!

Trip plan starting to come together (I'm enjoying the lack of ADR's and ability to have more flexibility in changing our days this time).

And very importantly, MONEY MADE! I'm in direct sales and have counted on my party money to pay for a good portion of our trip. I am amazed at how God has blessed my business, and am thrilled to say I've exceeded my savings goal for the trip with 2 weeks to go! So fun to help people while making money for Disney. Hooray!!! :cheer2: Now we'll have some breathing room (since I have a few more parties before we leave, which means a few more bucks to bring!).

I'm sure I could think of lots of more things, but time to run for now! Happy Planning everyone.

:dance3:

I guess I fizzled out with my pre-trip report. Truth is, I got confused over what should be in here, what should go on the August thread, and when I should make a separate post for questions.

I'm writing this for any of you who subscribed to my pre-trip report. Give me a chance to redeem myself and come on over to my Really really REAL trip report (see link in my signature).

Hope to see you there!!!

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter