"We're basically here for the food..." A September 2016 TR**Updated 4/21/17

Somehow just stumbled upon your report... we were there same time and same resort and going to the same parks 4 or 5 days. We totally saw you on this day!!!! I commented to my husband how much I like your shirts. We were at rope drop too but had to sign our kids up for Jedi training first. Then we made our way to Rockin and TOT.

Are you KIDDING? That is so awesome! :jumping1: We got a lot of compliments on those shirts that day! Starwars Coffee is a shirt that needs to be sold inside of Hollywood Studios Starbucks location! :flower1:

Happy Saturday Yall! I hope that everyone is having a great weekend so far. Today is a lazy day and decided that I'd update my trip report a bit while I sip on some afternoon coffee.

I left off last with a trip to the World Showcase beginning with Canada. I forgot to mention that since this was our last full day, we planned to watch ALL the EPCOT shows that we possibly could which includes the indoor and also the outdoor shows.

Unfortunately the Oh Canada Circle Vision film was CLOSED for some reason!!! I really like that show... Martin Short is so witty! Ugh. Oh well... on to the next!

We all know what comes next after Canada...

The UK! We love the Rose and Crown restaurant, but unfortunately we didn't have room in our schedule to eat there this trip.

20160909_120228.jpg

The shops in the UK are terrific, and the designers really did a fabulous job of making it FEEL like you are walking in a foreign country. Not that I've ever actually been to England, but I would assume that this is what it would feel like over there. haha. Look how EMPTY the park was!

20160909_120258.jpg

While roaming around in and out of the shops, we happened to bump into one of Mary Poppin's penguins right in front of the stage where the band plays. I've never seen this guy in EPCOT before, and we were super excited!

20160909_120600.jpg

My dad loved his Star Wars Coffee shirt so much, he wore it a 2nd time after laundry day!! LOL

20160909_120646.jpg

20160909_120952.jpg

After the UK, we headed over the bridge to France. It was PERFECT timing because the Serveur Amusant show was just starting! We love these guys. I just don't know how he balances on those chairs!?!?! I'd be terrified!

20160909_122410.jpg

20160909_122437.jpg

We went inside of the perfume shops and other gift shops until it was time for the Impressions de France film. Now I will say that I really do love this film. While its very outdated, it is classically perfect. Plus.... its inside in the air conditioning and the seats are SUPER comfy!

The France pavilion is so pretty.

20160909_130529.jpg

I love this Monet flyer...

20160909_130539.jpg

Continued in next post...

After Paris, we headed next door to Morocco. Since we had already been through the pavilion earlier in the week, we just kind of did a walk-by with a Grey Goose Slushie in my hand. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I got another of my favorite cocktails. Yay!

20160909_130747.jpg

We went inside of the American Pavilion and waited 5 minutes until the Voices of Liberty performed. The rotunda inside is stunning!

20160909_131328.jpg

If you have never taken the time to listen to the Voices of Liberty, I highly recommend it. They are an Acapella singing group that sings American Patriotic songs. Its really special!

20160909_131845.jpg

We then went inside of the huge theater to watch the American Adventures show. This show impresses me every time that I see it. There are 35 Audio Animatroic figures that teach all about American history... such as the Civil War, Boston Tea Party, and the Pilgrims. Its really awesome, and it always makes me feel proud to be an American!

I will also say that the American Pavilion really doesn't have that much else to it, which is quite sad to me. The gift shop is probably the smallest one in the World Showcase!

The next Pavilion we went to was Japan where we walked through the gardens and ponds with the huge koi fish, and inside of the HUGE gift shop Mitsukoshi. I always see the strangest household items in this gift shop... and always look at of Hello Kitty, Pikachu, and Domo stuff.

We went inside of the Japanese Gallery that was showing the Kawaii show... which is a word to describe the weird Japanese 'cute culture'. This crazy and cute statue says it all...

20160909_142350.jpg

We watched the drummers at China, but we only did quick walk thru's of Norway, Germany, and Mexico since we had spent more time in those pavilions earlier in the week.

I took this picture to show how cool the Disney Imagineers are to think ahead when designing each building. You see, the Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios is actually really close to EPCOT. The Imagineers had to make SURE that the ToT wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb, so what they did was paint it a similar color to the Morocco Pavilion in EPCOT. I took this picture across the lagoon and zoomed in to show how the 2 buildings blend together! Its amazing isn't it??

20160909_145059.jpg

We stopped at Mousegear and got our last minute purchases including an AMAZING new EPCOT coffee mug because we wouldn't be back at our favorite park until our next trip.

I took 1 last picture of my favorite ride... Spaceship Earth.

20160909_150246.jpg

And then we left EPCOT... so sad. BYE EPCOT.....

20160909_150657.jpg

We got on the monorail and were on our way to Magic Kingdom where we planned on spending the rest of our last day. We also had a dinner reservation at one of our FAVORITE Disney restaurants that we were looking forward to!!!! So even though it was our last day, we were going to squeeze as much in as possible!

Last edited:
I have just read you entire TR, it is awesome!
I looooove your t-shirts and as DS and I are celiac and dairy free your experiences with eating at WDW have given us peace of mind to be able to visit stress free and enjoy yummy food.
Thank you!
PS: your animal babies are gorgeous x

IMG_20170122_123930_826.jpg

Here is the EPCOT mug that I bought in Mousegear from my last post. I really really really love this mug and its actually become my favorite coffee cup to drink my coffee in!

Last edited:
I am so enjoying your report! You are so enthusiastic and you and your family are adorable :-)

Awwww thank you so much for your kind words, and I'm SO SO SO glad you're enjoying this trip report! We did have a ton of fun, and its always amazing to relive it through these trip reports!

I have just read you entire TR, it is awesome!
I looooove your t-shirts and as DS and I are celiac and dairy free your experiences with eating at WDW have given us peace of mind to be able to visit stress free and enjoy yummy food.
Thank you!
PS: your animal babies are gorgeous x

Hi!! Thank you so much for reading!! I was very worried this past year traveling to WDW for the first time on a GF diet. I ended up reading a few trip reports written by people who also were GF and I felt a little bit better. When I actually GOT to WDW and started speaking with the chefs at each restaurant, I felt 100% at ease. It is very important to either ask for an Allergy Menu at each restaurant (which MOST of them do have!!!) OR ask to speak directly to the chef. Disney is SOOOOooo good about making sure that your vacation is perfect and they don't want to you or your family to get sick! I am sure that you will have an amazing time, and that you will absolutely not go hungry! The food at WDW is top notch!

I have loved reading your report! I agree with you about CBR being so spread out. We had a reservation for there this coming September, but we changed it. I'm happy you were able to enjoy your meals even with having to adjust to being GF.

Once we got to the Magic Kingdom via monorail, we went through bag check and went straight into the park. Our first stop... Starbucks on Main Street! We definitely were feeling sluggish because we weren't going to be taking our normal afternoon naps by the pool!

We got Coffee Frappuccinos and got an extra fast sugar and caffeine buzz!

Speaking of Buzz... While on the Monorail, I was able to get us some Fast Passes for Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, so we were able to walk right on in the FP+ line. Who doesn't like to blast your way through the Galaxy with Buzz Lighyear cheering you on??? I know there is debate that it needs to be updated, but I like it just the way it is!

After Buzz, we went to the Peoplemover with no line. What a fabulous way to relax and enjoy the day from way up high above Tomorrowland!

You can see how few people were actually in the parks. The low crowd level was amaaazing.

20160909_160455.jpg

Space Mountain.... my 2nd love only to Spaceship Earth!

20160909_160450.jpg

An almost empty Tomorrowland!

20160909_160500.jpg

After the Peoplemover, we decided a quick nap was in order, which meant the Carousel of Progress! Its a perfect place to close your eyes for 20 minutes in cool air conditioning. PLUS.... its one of the greatest rides in all of Magic Kingdom. Man, I love that song... "Theres a Great Big Beautiful Tomorroooow, Shining at the end of eveeeery Daaaaaaaay."

I looked at the time, and it was ALMOST time for the Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire show to begin! This was the 1 NEW attraction that I had not seen yet. We had planned on seeing it earlier in the week, but we somehow missed it. We quickly walked to the front of Cinderella's Castle and waited.

It. Was. HOT.

I mean, it was BRUTALLY hot. The sun was shining straight on us, and would not quit. We are normally at the pool during this time every day to escape the hot afternoon sun. The area at the stage in front of the Castle offers zero shade. We ended up taking our umbrellas out of our bags and stood underneath the shade that they created.

Look how beautiful Cinderella's Castle is!

20160909_161426.jpg

We were so excited for the new show to begin. it was brand new and we had never seen it before! We had read some really great reviews and couldn't wait to see it!

The Disney Website described it as:
Calling All Fairytale Friends

This summer, skip-a-dee-doo-dah to the Cinderella Castle Forecourt stage for the fairest faire of them all!

It takes a whole enchanted kingdom to put on this all-new, live stage show at Magic Kingdom park—and you’re cordially invited! In preparation for this joyous festival, Mickey and friends have ventured far and wide to gather Disney pals from all over to star in a royal friendship faire.

Goofy has invited Tiana and friends from the Land of the Bewitching Bayous to infuse a little spice of New Orleans jazz in the party. Donald Duck brings some new friends he met at the Snuggly Duckling from the Land of Enchanted Woods to shake their tail feathers. Daisy has asked Rapunzel and Flynn to “comb” over and sing along. Mickey even recruited Olaf, Anna and Elsa from the Land of the Mystic Mountains to cast some extra cool touches!

This grand affair culminates in the joining of classic and contemporary Disney Characters in a spectacular show featuring lively dancing, dazzling effects, an original song and memorable music from The Princess and the Frog, Tangled and Frozen.

Finally the show started and it was SUPER!

Mickey and Minnie came out first.

20160909_162716.jpg

And Olaf...

20160909_162812.jpg

Donald, Daisy, Tiana, and Naveen!

20160909_163321.jpg

Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, and the Snuggly Duckling Gang were great!

20160909_163336.jpg

20160909_163346.jpg

20160909_163351.jpg

Last edited:
The finale was of course Mickey and Minnie Mouse .... since the ARE the Stars of the Show!

20160909_163408.jpg

20160909_163409.jpg

The show in front of Cinderellas Castle was totally worth the brutal sun beating on us. It was very well choreographed and I loved the music! WELL DONE DISNEY!!!!! I love it!

While we were riding the People Mover earlier, I made another Fast Pass for the Haunted Mansion, and it was almost time for our FP already! We walked from the Hub area, through Adventureland and straight to Aloha Isle to get Dole Whips! In case you aren't aware, Dole Whips are Gluten Free and Dairy Free! DELICIOUS! We sat down on a stone wall in front of Pirates of the Caribbean and ate our snacks.

We made our way over to Liberty Square, and soon were at the Haunted Mansion.

So scary looking!

20160909_174508.jpg

I love the Horseless Carriage.

20160909_174521.jpg

The details are terrific.

20160909_174525.jpg

After getting rid of our Hitchhiking Ghosts, we went moseyed back over to Frontierland ...

20160909_172000.jpg

...where we bumped into some banjo players. These guys were GREAT!

My dad was joking with them, and they were so witty!

20160909_172503.jpg

They asked if I had ever led a parade before, which I said "No, I hadn't". They asked me if I would lead their parade over to the front of Country Bear Jamboree! Of course I couldn't decline... sooooo we marched and they played ...

20160909_172611.jpg

It was kind of embarrassing, but it was totally funny.

We stayed and watched them play for a few minutes, and then we decided to begin our walk over to New Fantasyland so that we wouldn't be late for our dinner reservation...

...at....

... Be Our Guest!

20160909_184214.jpg

We had eaten lunch at Be Our Guest earlier in the week, but we also had a Dinner reservation there for our last night. We have always had wonderful dinner experiences at Be Our Guest, so we had high hopes!

Stay tuned for the next time when we eat our last dinner of our vacation, and try to stay awake!!

I have loved reading your report! I agree with you about CBR being so spread out. We had a reservation for there this coming September, but we changed it. I'm happy you were able to enjoy your meals even with having to adjust to being GF.

Thank you so much for reading, and I am so happy that you're enjoying this trip report. I admit that I'm not the best storyteller, but I'm trying really hard :flower1:

CBR is VERY spread out, more so than CSR for sure!! Looking back, I wish we had booked a Preferred Room, but we learned a good lesson :rolleyes1

Love your report, I like all your excitement and enthusiasm about your trip, makes me very excited for my upcoming trip! Wow MK was sure quiet that day for you, not very often you see Tomorrow Land with that few people. Your Epcot coffee cup is so cute and all your tshirts have been so cute!

Love your report, I like all your excitement and enthusiasm about your trip, makes me very excited for my upcoming trip! Wow MK was sure quiet that day for you, not very often you see Tomorrow Land with that few people. Your Epcot coffee cup is so cute and all your tshirts have been so cute!

Thank you so much! Yesssssss... MK was SO QUIET that day. It is unbelievable when you look at those pictures and see tons of empty walkways! It was very nice for sure to have elbow room! I hope that you have low crowds during your upcoming trip too!! :flower1:

Sad to say I JUST found your trip report. I wish I could have been following from the very beginning! I guess its like binge watching a Netflix show, I just read it all!

I love your energy, writing style, and pictures! Your family looks so happy and I really hope your dad finds his jacket! This report makes me so excited for my upcoming trip. I may also have to try your Epcot rope drop and commando touring plan!

Your photos with Mary Poppin's penguin are adorable!

I'm such a sap, Voices of Liberty makes me tear up. Just like the Dapper Dans.

I love your Epcot mug, too!

Carousel of Progress is the perfect resting spot on a hot day. I really enjoy it, but wish they would update it. The '80's house is looking a bit retro.

Don't you feel bad for the characters in those costumes on brutally hot days? I don't know how they do it.

We've only had lunch at Be Our Guest, so looking forward to reading about your dinner.

Sad to say I JUST found your trip report. I wish I could have been following from the very beginning! I guess its like binge watching a Netflix show, I just read it all!

I love your energy, writing style, and pictures! Your family looks so happy and I really hope your dad finds his jacket! This report makes me so excited for my upcoming trip. I may also have to try your Epcot rope drop and commando touring plan!

Haha, yes I suppose reading an entire trip report in 1 sitting is totally like binging Netflix! I am happy you found me! I may not be as entertaining as Mad Men or The Office, but I do have some pretty interesting experiences :crazy:

I will tell ya, we have done the EPCOT rope drop routine for 6 years in a row, and it works EVERY TIME! You can't go wrong! The first 2 hours are key, and then you can relax for the rest of the day! :flower1:

Your photos with Mary Poppin's penguin are adorable!

I'm such a sap, Voices of Liberty makes me tear up. Just like the Dapper Dans.

I love your Epcot mug, too!

Carousel of Progress is the perfect resting spot on a hot day. I really enjoy it, but wish they would update it. The '80's house is looking a bit retro.

Don't you feel bad for the characters in those costumes on brutally hot days? I don't know how they do it.

We've only had lunch at Be Our Guest, so looking forward to reading about your dinner.

YESSSSSS!! Dapper Dans and Voices of Liberty both are so perfect. I adore them both! Just wonderful talent! The acoustics in the American pavilion are so great, their voices sound so lovely!

The 80s house in CoP is looking a tad bit outdated, you're right. I can't wait for them to update the final scene a bit more ... maybe they will have drones flying around or something?!?!

The cast members in those hot costumes are troopers for sure! Can you IMAGINE how hot they are?!?! I mean, I'm in shorts and tank tops and I am soaking wet with sweat... they have full on fur!!

I hope to update the trip report tomorrow with 'Our Last Supper' haha

Great update! Was this Friday? We did MK in the AM and then HS at night. It was a great low great day.

Great update! Was this Friday? We did MK in the AM and then HS at night. It was a great low great day.

Yes it sure was! Friday September 9th, 2016. The parks were sooooooooo empty and it was FABULOUS wasn't it?

I, too, just read the whole TR in one sitting. Loved it!

We're headed there this Sept. for two weeks but will probably only do 5 days in the parks.

I've taken some notes on food to try as my girls and I are also gf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter