Wendy & Chuck's PJ and TR Merged 2/4/08 Escape SBP/JIKO: Updated 9/19-Pleasure Island

you lost 15 pounds since that pic? you're a skinny mini! and tall like lurkyloo and myself! i think the birdcage is going to look fantastic with your dress!!! the style's go perfectly!!! i'm so excited for you! is that dress white or ivory?

I'm glad you started a PJ... it's never too late! I thought I started mine too early.

Your dress is gorgeous! I love the old glam look it has and the birdcage veil is going to look great with it!

You are going to be a glamorous, hollywood starlet bride. I love the dress! and with the birdcage veil...You and Caryn are going to ROCK!:3dglasses

Great PJ!popcorn::

Okay, so this is the veil I bought...

birdcageveil_russian_netting_emma18.jpg

Melody, the owner, said it's the same veil that this bride was wearing.

birdcageveil_kristab_sitting.jpg

And, by the way, I :love: her hair. So, that's def. on more picture I'm going to show to my girlfriend who's doing my hair.

This is the rose hair clip I was going to purchase before I bought the veil. I think I'm still going to get it, because it may be useful to end up having to hide the veil combs.

mediumredrose.jpg

Oh... and here are the shoes I bought last week to go with my dress. I love them. They're the perfect amount of simple for me!

ColorifficTaylorShoe.jpg

So with all this... what does everyone think I should do about jewelry? I was really against pearls, but the more I think about it, I think it might work if I do multiple strands of varying lengths. Suggestions??

Glad you started you PJ and I just LOVE your dress. Can't wait to read - and see - more.

Linda

Thank you, I can't wait to write more.

Holy smokes, that is a gorgeous dress! It's like the skinny-lady version of my dress, further sealing our wedding-twin status! (except for the part where only one of us is a skinny lady, and it ain't me!) Add to that the fact that I'm also 5'10" and am also frequently confused for a Scientologist... wow [insert mind-blowing smiley]...

We will prolly be on the boat from the BoardWalk to the Beach Club as your ceremony starts, which I think means we'll go right by you at Sea Breeze Point! I'll be sure to bring an air horn... :rotfl:

I think they have that really loud horn right on the boat. So, you can def. have them blow it during our ceremony. :woohoo: If you can't tell, DF and I really aren't big ceremony people... so it's not like it will 'ruin' anything for us!

Oh, your dress is beautiful and sooo elegant! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you, I feel elegant in it!

Your dress is so elegant, I love it :bride:

Thank you! Can you beleive it's the first dress I tried on at that first store I went to???

Wow your dress is gorgeous, and are you kidding me? You did not need to lose 15lbs! You look fantastic in it!! What's your secret :laughing:

I'm not one of those chicks with a warpped body image. I've always hovered around a certain weight. Finally, my age and metabolism caught up with me and combined with being really depressed when I got home from the CP at Disney and not being able to find a job, I packed on 20lbs. I was bigger than I ever was in my whole life. I grew out of all my clothes and nothing fit! So, I've just been eating healthier. I still eat... A LOT. But I make really, really good for you choices. I've cut out a lot of sugar and trans and saturated fats. I read the You on a Diet book. It's really more of a life style. So now that this semester has calmed down at school, I want to put some weight on, but in the form of muscle... I need to actually start moving my body!

you lost 15 pounds since that pic? you're a skinny mini! and tall like lurkyloo and myself! i think the birdcage is going to look fantastic with your dress!!! the style's go perfectly!!! i'm so excited for you! is that dress white or ivory?

It's Ivory!! I think the veil and dress are going to go too. I can't wait for the veil to show up. I wish it was here already, lol.

I'm glad you started a PJ... it's never too late! I thought I started mine too early.

Your dress is gorgeous! I love the old glam look it has and the birdcage veil is going to look great with it!

Thanks!!

Amazing, your going to knock his socks off! Love it

I don't know about that... you know the country song... "I like my women a little on the trashy side"?? Well, that's kinda how DF is. If my hair has a bit of a frizz going on, or my dress is just a tad too short... he's happy. I think he might be afraid of me when I'm all glammed up, refined and finished. :laughing:

Thanks everyone for your kind words about my dress! I just realized I didn't mention it before, but I don't have anyone secured for hair or makeup because I plan on doing it myself. Well, okay, not my hair. My bridesmaid, Jenna, will be doing my hair (she's a semi-professional, lol). And then I'm setting up a session with one of the artists from the MAC counter to 'learn' how to acheive the look I want for the wedding. So, I'll be doing my own makeup! :rolleyes1

Oh yes, multiple strands of pearls would look great - especially if you had at least one really long one, like down to your waist. Heck, you could even do opera-length gloves (although maybe it'd be a tad costume-y - but it'd look great!).

So who designed your dress?

Oh yes, multiple strands of pearls would look great - especially if you had at least one really long one, like down to your waist. Heck, you could even do opera-length gloves (although maybe it'd be a tad costume-y - but it'd look great!).

So who designed your dress?

I don't mind going more costume-y. Heck, it's all a big production anyhow... But I prolly won't do gloves b/c it would seem like too big of a hassle, all the taking them on and off, lolololol. The dress is Pronovias. I don't know the style # or name and it's been at my seamstress'ssssss house for I don't know how long. I took over to her to have her give me her professional opinion and we decided that if I had lost even 5 lbs, she wouldn't have to let it out. So we're doing the official first fitting the begining of next month!

Okay, so DF really, really wanted to wear a zoot suit tuxedo (this is one of three things he's really asked for) but I couldn't find but the one cheesy zoot suit tuxedo that it seems all the shops were carrying. It's was black with "chalk" white stripes. Idk, I hated it. So, I tried to really get an idea of what DF wanted and it turns out he wanted a gangster/mobster look. Okay... so I search and search and couldn't find anything until awhile back Carolyn Allen's switched their affiliation and added some new, different styles to what they had available. Luckily, there was a tux that seemed to fit what DF was looking for. So here's what we're ordering:

The tux, it's FUBU, both DF and the Best Man will be wearing this:
shadow_stripe_894_small.jpg

Here's the vest and tie:
tango_small2.jpg

DF is wearing the red show in the pic and the best man is wearing silver:
tango_bali_silver.jpg

They'll both be wearing these shirts and shoes:
black_laydown_small2.jpg

black_blucher_small.jpg

And they will both be wearing the hat (probably not the scarf though), DF will be in red to match his vest and likewise the best man will be in silver to match.
tango_hats_small2.jpg

So, all in all, I'm happy with these decisions. I really didn't want red and black as my wedding colors, but since I didn't have any vision at all when I first started planning and DF reallly wanted the red, I went along with it. FSIL, who is my MOH and my bridesmaid are both wearing black cocktail dress. They don't match eachother exactly, but the 'shade' of black and material match well enough. They're going to wear black, strappy heels.

Oh, so the whole tommy gun thing. I need two realistic looking toy tommy guns for the guys to carry. DF really wants them. This is part of his look. How can I deny him? I can't. It would have been a lot funnier if the second best man hadn't dropped out. I was hoping to get pictures of one holding DF at 'gunpoint' at the alter while the other was on the look out. Oh well, I'm sure we'll still get some good pics. But I need some decent looking guns. I don't want them to look junky. I know halloween just passed, but everytime I searched, I didn't come up with much and they all looked cheesy. Any help would be appreciated.

I think there's a law now that they have to make toy guns look cheesy so that cops won't mistake them for real guns... :confused3

Could you find a cheesy one with a good shape and spray paint it? I can't believe we're talking about guns in a wedding thread... :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more. You will be getting married the same week my family & I will be at Disney. Congrats!

I think there's a law now that they have to make toy guns look cheesy so that cops won't mistake them for real guns... :confused3
QUOTE]

I thought that's what the completely obvious, stupid looking orange ring around the barrel(?) of the gun was for!! Ugh...

It's one thing for DF to say, "I would like to do xyz" and then go and do it. It's quite another for DF to say, "I would like to do xyz" and then leave for me to figure out how to make it happen. good thing I :love: him. :laughing:

MEN!!!!

since the other bm dropped out, why don't you recruit one of your fathers in the gun shenanigans...

i agree with lurkyloo...i don't think you can buy "real" looking guns anymore...you could always go get a fake looking one and have them put a big napkin over it (like they did in the godfather), so you have the "effect" of a real oozie (sp?)...

i had to edit, i just seriously wrote the word, "oozie" in a bride blog! this is hilarious!

Lol, my DF would be so proud of this gun conversation... you're a much cooler bride than I am. My DF would absolutely want to do this if he ever heard about it:scared1: . Not sure where to find a fake gun, but we have 8 real guns in our closet if you need one... or 8 :eek:

Well I love have you started your PJ, I enjoy reading all of your plans along with the other Dis Brides...hopefully I can be one some day soon :rolleyes1

Anyways I did some looking and found these...

http://toyarsenal.com/?gclid=CLbz9LH44Y8CFRGCGgod6lUzCQ

http://www.realistictoyguns.com/

http://www.411toys.com/ (said something about but 1 get 1 free...however not sure what the details are! :confused3 )

Also I agree there are some that have the orange cap but you can always paint them or maybe even take them off or out (however they are attatched?!)

I hope that these are helpful...good luck and if I find anymore I will let you know, happy planning:yay:

I can't believe we're talking about guns in a wedding thread... :rotfl:

It's funny, right? I had got caught up in all the stuff I needed to get for myself and had completely forgot that I had promised tommy guns until I started posting his outfit yesterday.

since the other bm dropped out, why don't you recruit one of your fathers in the gun shenanigans...

i agree with lurkyloo...i don't think you can buy "real" looking guns anymore...you could always go get a fake looking one and have them put a big napkin over it (like they did in the godfather), so you have the "effect" of a real oozie (sp?)...

i had to edit, i just seriously wrote the word, "oozie" in a bride blog! this is hilarious!

The whole 'getting a dad involved' thing is an excellent idea. His father won't go for it, he's kind of a drag. But my stepfather might! I'll have to see. I also have to pick out a tux for my evil step moster (it's an old family name) too!

Lol, my DF would be so proud of this gun conversation... you're a much cooler bride than I am. My DF would absolutely want to do this if he ever heard about it:scared1: .

I don't feel cooler, I feel crazy! :laughing:

Well I love have you started your PJ, I enjoy reading all of your plans along with the other Dis Brides...hopefully I can be one some day soon :rolleyes1

Anyways I did some looking and found these...

http://toyarsenal.com/?gclid=CLbz9LH44Y8CFRGCGgod6lUzCQ

http://www.realistictoyguns.com/

http://www.411toys.com/ (said something about but 1 get 1 free...however not sure what the details are! :confused3 )

Also I agree there are some that have the orange cap but you can always paint them or maybe even take them off or out (however they are attatched?!)

I hope that these are helpful...good luck and if I find anymore I will let you know, happy planning:yay:

Thank you sooooo much. I appreciate you finding more resources than I did when I searched. It's always better to have more options. I appreciate you looking around :flower3:

And don't worry, I didn't think I'd ever get there with the whole being a :bride: thing... But DF realized he couldn't hold out forever ;)

I love the tux! Thats something I didnt even think about yet lol! I was more worried about every other detail that the tux totally left my mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter